Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Instant Status Pass questions, discussion, help requests (2022 on - consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instant Status Pass questions, discussion, help requests (2022 on - consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2024 | 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by dlnewbie
I live in a city where AA/DL are the dominant carriers and after moving from the DC area I had become a free agent, but this to gain the instant status and the LP system make it pretty easy for me obtain P to PPro without altering what I'm doing and should be able most years to squeak into EP.
In my case AA is the weakest of the big four (UA, DL, AA, AS), so really not the ideal carrier for my flying. For me this is an experiment if I can substitute AA status for AS status, i.e., mostly fly AS, but with AA status. With shopping, AA hotels and other ways to earn LP it is so far cheaper for me to maintain AA status than AS status. With AS a significant portion of my EQM came from partner flying anyway (long haul to Europe in J or PE).
Old Jul 15, 2024 | 4:37 pm
20 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Here's a screenshot from AA.com showing that if I complete Phase 3 successfully by November, I'll have Platinum status through March 31, 2026.

Could just be based on when I started the challenge. You started in July. I started in November.
Actually I started in September. Corrected my original post.

Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
That directly contradicts my experience. I went into phase three in April and it was already fulfilled by May fulfilled 100k by April before my phase 3 even began in May. It said that I would have EXP through March 31, 2025. I'm not sure why yours would be different only a couple of months later but in the same qualification year.
I just find it odd that the terms would vary so widely for September versus November enrollment. Just shows how much this program lacks clarity. It doesn't particularly matter for me. I'll earn EXP for the following year organically by next month.

Last edited by elCheapoDeluxe; Jul 15, 2024 at 4:44 pm
Old Jul 15, 2024 | 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Actually I started in September. Corrected my original post.
I started Phase 1 on 9/30/2023 and my status ends on 2/28/2025. So I think we can conclude the cut-off date for getting longer status (2/28/2026) is in October or more likely November.
Old Jul 15, 2024 | 4:48 pm
20 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I started Phase 1 on 9/30/2023 and my status ends on 2/28/2025. So I think we can conclude the cut-off date for getting longer status (2/28/2026) is in October or more likely November.
I started mine 9/15/2023. I agree - just don't like the lack of clarity. I never saw anything concrete the entire time I was in the status challenge - just the "until the end of the program year" type stuff.
Old Jul 15, 2024 | 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I started mine 9/15/2023. I agree - just don't like the lack of clarity. I never saw anything concrete the entire time I was in the status challenge - just the "until the end of the program year" type stuff.
When I read the T&C, I assumed 2025, but after reading some of the earlier discussions from previous rounds I hoped it would be 2026. I think the T&C are clear, but AA isn’t following them for some “late starters” - not 100% sure why.
Old Jul 16, 2024 | 7:14 am

Originally Posted by onebobobo
Did you select SWU as your Loyalty Point Reward for reaching 175k LP? I don't think they automatically show up in your account.
Interesting point. The LP totals for reward points track with the current year, not with the ISP program. I began the program in July of 23, I believe I crossed the ISP 175k mark after March of 24, but the standard rewards program reset on 3-31. It looks like I’ll have to hit 175k again to get the SWU. I guess you get some of the perks but not all of the perks for crossing the threshold of the program.
Old Jul 16, 2024 | 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
1M5 Years on Site

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL DM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mtnAVman
Interesting point. The LP totals for reward points track with the current year, not with the ISP program. I began the program in July of 23, I believe I crossed the ISP 175k mark after March of 24, but the standard rewards program reset on 3-31. It looks like I’ll have to hit 175k again to get the SWU. I guess you get some of the perks but not all of the perks for crossing the threshold of the program.
That tracks with my experience. I received the 15K reward last fall when I first crossed 15K and I received another 15K when crossing it again this Spring. I have not yet received a 60K award (not that I really care because the LP rewards at these levels are pretty much meaningless to me).
Old Jul 16, 2024 | 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mtnAVman
The LP totals for reward points track with the current year, not with the ISP program. I began the program in July of 23, I believe I crossed the ISP 175k mark after March of 24, but the standard rewards program reset on 3-31. It looks like I’ll have to hit 175k again to get the SWU. I guess you get some of the perks but not all of the perks for crossing the threshold of the program.
You really have to think of the ISP program as a parallel status qualification program. Your LP count in both programs for status. The loyalty awards are part of the regular loyalty program with a counter that resets on 2/28 (or 29 this year).
Old Jul 26, 2024 | 4:16 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP
Re-read the ISP T&C and something has been added regarding timing:

• Once you complete all 3 phases of this Instant Status Pass™ promotion by their respective deadlines, you will have successfully completed the Instant Status Pass™. If you began the Instant Status Pass™ promotion between:
    • March 1 and October 31, you will receive complimentary AAdvantage® status for the remainder of the current membership year following the completion of the three phases.
    • November 1 and the last day of February, you will receive complimentary AAdvantage® status for the remainder of the current membership year plus the entirety of the next membership year following the completion of the three phases
notquiteaff and RedElmo like this.
Old Jul 26, 2024 | 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Given that they now have members with all kinds of status end dates during the ISP, I wonder why they don’t just say “At the end of the 3rd phase you get an extra 12 months of status”. Making the length dependent on the starting date seems somewhat unfair. A 10/31 starter gets a significantly worse deal than an 11/1 starter.
Old Aug 2, 2024 | 9:12 am
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
A 10/31 starter gets a significantly worse deal than an 11/1 starter.
Only if they are a pump and dump status matcher. If the earnings roughly equate to their ongoing earnings they will just requalify under the normal membership year for another year anyway.
Old Aug 2, 2024 | 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Only if they are a pump and dump status matcher. If the earnings roughly equate to their ongoing earnings they will just requalify under the normal membership year for another year anyway.
true, but there are also people who aren’t pump and dump status matchers who are able to get higher status through ISP than through “natural” ongoing earnings. E.g., I managed to reach PE, but that is probably not realistic on an ongoing basis. I am hoping for Plat Pro. Does that make me a pump and dumper?
Old Aug 2, 2024 | 1:55 pm

Is it possible that the waiting times for the Instant Status Pass are currently slightly higher?
How quickly did you got an answer?

There are probably still some complaint emails that need to be processed after the IT failure
Old Aug 6, 2024 | 1:43 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Anyone know what the instant pass status is for: WCP01?
I have the same question. I see an instant status pass offer on my AA account but it doesn't specify the status level. I see no mention of this on my Hyatt account. I don't want to register without knowing what the status level is. Anyone know what WCP01 gets them?
Old Aug 6, 2024 | 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

I have WCPP1 which offers Platinum Pro.

The terms of the promo are so confusing though that I can't understand what the requirements are or how long I'll keep the status so I'll just skip for now I guess

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.