Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2023 | 9:47 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
I cant see why the FEIN would be a hard requirement - if the IRS allows sole proprietorships to operate with the owners SSN, then why not issue a business credit card.... besides, all these small business cards have full recourse to the owner so in the end, its all one and the same... or perhaps Im looking at this the wrong way...?
Odd for sure that a points earning scheme would require more hoops than a credit card, but clearly AA doesn't want to reward small businesses despite some having substantial spend. Curious to hear once people find out if the card bypasses that requirement.
Old Nov 3, 2023 | 3:14 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
How long ago were you approved....? Have you received your new card yet...? Apparently there are substantial delays in mailing out of the actual cards, Im hoping that Citi will provide some form of "virtual" card that one can use without having the physical piece of plastic as Im ready to get that initial spend going as soon as possible.....
Applied for and approved one week ago. Got my card today. Received a virtual number on approval. No FEIN required. AA Business account has been set up.
Gaucho100K likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2023 | 5:53 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by dc10forlife
Applied for and approved one week ago. Got my card today. Received a virtual number on approval. No FEIN required. AA Business account has been set up.
Thanks for the data point... good news that you got your card in one week !!
Old Nov 4, 2023 | 4:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by txpenny
According to the rep in Meeting Services this morning, Yes & yes.

According to the rep in Meeting Services this morning, rerouting is allowed within the award code grouping.

I just called the EXP line to check on similar bookings to the above.

The EXP rep told me that all B.E. calls were being routed to Meeting Services 800-433-1790, and she would transfer. She also told me if I needed to call back, it would be quicker to call the EXP line and let them transfer, as they had a "better" (quicker) internal number for that department.

From the Meeting Services department: To use my BX#s on flights, yes I had to book the flights by December 15th. Regarding flight changes, dates and destinations are flexible, as long as changes to the destination are in the same award group. I specifically asked if I booked a USA to BCN flight, would later be able to change the dates and destination (to LIS, for example). Yes, as long as it was with the BX6 umbrella.

Again, according to the rep in Meeting Services. YMMV.
Could you please clarify, "dates and destinations are flexible, as long as changes to the destination are in the same award group" this refers to changes till Dec 15? If later, when us the cut-off time?
Old Nov 5, 2023 | 8:17 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
I had the Business version of the citi AA card already and yesterday received an email about joining the program. So having it already confirms eligibility as well. Does not seem as rewarding as previously but anything extra is good. Weird how the old program continually had promos then abandoned it.
Old Nov 6, 2023 | 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Would love crowdsourced thinking here on best usage of the remaining BE points on hand

Options are:
1. Have long haul international travel with an infant in arms coming up next month and would have enough BE points to secure the child their own seat instead for the round trip
2. Book long haul flight that I know will happen in December next year just would ideally like to push it out to the second half of December next year, will still need to get 3 more seats on AA Metal though for that flight next year and that would severely limit redemption options via other methods as we all know saver availability for partner bookings is found as frequently as unicorns are
3. Convert the points to AA award miles

I am sure I am overthinking this - leaning towards option 1 and just being more comfortable but would love a random group to give their thoughts!
Old Nov 6, 2023 | 8:44 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by airjerky
Would love crowdsourced thinking here on best usage of the remaining BE points on hand

Options are:
1. Have long haul international travel with an infant in arms coming up next month and would have enough BE points to secure the child their own seat instead for the round trip
2. Book long haul flight that I know will happen in December next year just would ideally like to push it out to the second half of December next year, will still need to get 3 more seats on AA Metal though for that flight next year and that would severely limit redemption options via other methods as we all know saver availability for partner bookings is found as frequently as unicorns are
3. Convert the points to AA award miles

I am sure I am overthinking this - leaning towards option 1 and just being more comfortable but would love a random group to give their thoughts!
Conversion to AA Loyalty Points is a terrible option. They convert a 1 x 6.

Book what you can while you can. It's an award booking so you can change the dates/routings - not O&D - after initially ticketing I had 7210 points, I booked a mid-winter trip from SFO-CDG in J for 7200 BE points. That's 43,200 Loyalty points in the conversion. Try booing a J award ticket to Paris for that. Terrible, terrible, terrible conversion.

My return flights were initially booked as CDG-JFK-DFW-SFO, but with an EF alert plus regular checking, I moved quickly when U opened up on the JFK-SFO non-stop.

Last edited by HNL; Nov 6, 2023 at 8:57 pm
Old Nov 7, 2023 | 12:02 pm
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by brittex
After calling in I was told that the inability to book multiple employees onto a single reservation is by design
After resigning myself to not being able to book a single locator I tried to book myself and two others onto three separate locators. Could not even do that. I am only able to book travel for myself - even though I am registered as the travel manager
Old Nov 7, 2023 | 1:08 pm
ymx
5 Years on Site

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by brittex
After resigning myself to not being able to book a single locator I tried to book myself and two others onto three separate locators. Could not even do that. I am only able to book travel for myself - even though I am registered as the travel manager
Perhaps if enough of us let them know we are unhappy with this they will modify the platform.
Old Nov 7, 2023 | 8:09 pm
40 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
This is a $hit show.
Old Nov 8, 2023 | 6:23 am
50 Countries Visited60 Nights3M20 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
I've managed to burn four BXP1s (650 BusinessExtrAA points each), but I had to book well into 2024 to find the availability in "C" class, which is the domestic upgrade inventory. Another gotcha is that fares in QSONB are not upgradeable. Each ticket requires a phone call with AA ticketing to upfare to G and then a second call to Meeting Services to apply the upgrade. All This is after the inventory has been identified in ExpertFlyer.

I guess I now can see why AA wants to eliminate this program, as it requires about an hour of phone time (both mine, and importantly, theirs) to redeem 650 BE points, which they value as 3900 AAdvantage points, worth perhaps $50 on the AA balance sheet. Meanwhile, it looks like I have accumulated another 1000 points since the program cancellation was announced, so I will probably need to book two more of these before December 15 LOL.
Markie and futuramadramallama like this.
Old Nov 8, 2023 | 2:04 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by HNL
Conversion to AA Loyalty Points is a terrible option. They convert a 1 x 6.

Book what you can while you can. It's an award booking so you can change the dates/routings - not O&D - after initially ticketing I had 7210 points, I booked a mid-winter trip from SFO-CDG in J for 7200 BE points. That's 43,200 Loyalty points in the conversion. Try booing a J award ticket to Paris for that. Terrible, terrible, terrible conversion.

My return flights were initially booked as CDG-JFK-DFW-SFO, but with an EF alert plus regular checking, I moved quickly when U opened up on the JFK-SFO non-stop.
Does a conversion to AA Miles post as LP? You reference LP but my interpretation is that it would post as RDM and not LP. Need the LP to hit EXP so would happily be wrong here...
Old Nov 9, 2023 | 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by robinsondg
Does a conversion to AA Miles post as LP? You reference LP but my interpretation is that it would post as RDM and not LP. Need the LP to hit EXP so would happily be wrong here...
No, it is just RDM.
Markie and Antarius like this.
Old Nov 10, 2023 | 5:37 pm
ymx
5 Years on Site

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Travel managers can book flights on behalf of others according to T&Cs

I just found this in the T&Cs:

Travel Managers may also book flights on behalf of Business Travelers. In performing such tasks, Travel Managers may have access to personal information of the Businesss Business Travelers, including each Business Travelers name, email address, date of birth, AAdvantage number, and information about each Business Travelers flights booked under the Program (the "Business Traveler Information"). Each Travel Manager shall: (i) keep all Business Traveler Information confidential and not disclose such information to any third parties; (ii) only use such Business Traveler Information in compliance with applicable laws and regulations; (iii) not export the Business Traveler Information; and (iv) only use such Business Traveler Information for the sole purpose of performing the obligations of, and solely for the duration of time that such Travel Manager is, a Travel Manager under the Program. The Business consents to each Travel Managers access to and use of the Business Traveler Information. American will not be liable to the Business, Travel Managers, or Business Travelers for any misuse or unauthorized use of the Business Traveler Information by the Business or Travel Managers.
Weve all been lamenting that this wasnt possible. Obviously the functionality isnt available to do this now but given the T&Cs I wonder if this is in the product roadmap? Can anyone get some inside scoop? Or maybe this is carryover language from the old Business Extra program that they neglected to update.
Old Nov 10, 2023 | 5:51 pm
ymx
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by ymx
I just found this in the T&Cs:

Weve all been lamenting that this wasnt possible. Obviously the functionality isnt available to do this now but given the T&Cs I wonder if this is in the product roadmap? Can anyone get some inside scoop? Or maybe this is carryover language from the old Business Extra program that they neglected to update.
My bad. This is possible now - you just cant book multiple passengers on the same PNR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.