Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2023, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by HNL
Conversion to AA Loyalty Points is a terrible option. They convert a 1 x 6.

Book what you can while you can. It's an award booking so you can change the dates/routings - not O&D - after initially ticketing I had 7210 points, I booked a mid-winter trip from SFO-CDG in J for 7200 BE points. That's 43,200 Loyalty points in the conversion. Try booing a J award ticket to Paris for that. Terrible, terrible, terrible conversion.

My return flights were initially booked as CDG-JFK-DFW-SFO, but with an EF alert plus regular checking, I moved quickly when U opened up on the JFK-SFO non-stop.
How did you find the space? (Sorry for such a a noob question.)
Old Nov 15, 2023, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, IHG Platinum
Anyone know if the threshold requirements are needed for redemption after the deadline in December?
I haven’t hit them yet and I have points I’d like to cash out to miles, but I can’t since I haven’t hit the threshold. I hope there’s a grace period before the deadline.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 6:38 am

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
I got an email yesterday that covers that specific question:
Here's what you need to know
  • Joining the AAdvantage Business™ program will not impact your Business Extra® earn. You can continue to travel with Business Extra® through December 15, 2023, or you can choose to travel and earn with AAdvantage Business™ on new bookings.
  • You must meet Business Extra® threshold requirements by December 15, 2023, to unlock your Business Extra® points. Log in to your Business Extra® account to check your threshold status.
  • After December 15, 2023, remaining qualified Business Extra® points can only be transferred as AAdvantage® miles to an individual or an AAdvantage Business™ account, or donated to charity.
  • Business Extra® expiration rules still apply; any points earned in the last two calendar years will still expire on December 31, 2023.
  • The Business Extra® website, program functionality and all remaining qualified Business Extra® points will sunset on January 31, 2024.
Based on that, you have to have met the participation/volume threshold by the mid-Dec date in order to be able to do anything with the points at all.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by StSebastian
I got an email yesterday that covers that specific question:

Based on that, you have to have met the participation/volume threshold by the mid-Dec date in order to be able to do anything with the points at all.
Well there goes my few thousand points. I guess I should have paid more attention to when they implemented the minimum requirements, but stopped flying AA mostly so forgot about it. Oh well.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 12:44 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
Originally Posted by olouie
Well there goes my few thousand points. I guess I should have paid more attention to when they implemented the minimum requirements, but stopped flying AA mostly so forgot about it. Oh well.
Many of us will lose points for already made bookings if we do not want to have them re-issued.
Plus of course any non-001 tickets don't count any longer.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 8:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
AAdvantage Business™ program

Looks like the replacement for Business ExtrAA. Does not bode well for employees.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...s/overview.jsp

As it'll require employees to book everything through aa.com I'm not too concerned about it, but it kinda sucks if your company bites.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 10:55 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Merged with the existing thread discussing this program change. /Moderator
Old Nov 21, 2023, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I've got a Business Extra account, tried to make an AAdvantage Business account, filled out my info, but received the below:

Unable to register your company

We couldn't verify your company based on the information you entered.

You can check your company details and try again or read eligibility requirements.
AAdvantage Business™ terms & conditions

Same LLC as my prior company, and I can't seem to find a number to call or is it just the standard AA CS number? Any suggestions on where to go from here?
Old Nov 21, 2023, 3:34 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Raralith
I've got a Business Extra account, tried to make an AAdvantage Business account, filled out my info, but received the below:

You can check your company details and try again or read eligibility requirements.

Same LLC as my prior company, and I can't seem to find a number to call or is it just the standard AA CS number? Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Ive got the SAME thing!
Old Nov 21, 2023, 3:55 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
This looks way to troublesome. My guys have gotten gold and AC memberships, so it has been worth it for them, but this sucks, so we are done. transferred the last points to AA miles. I could not really do anything for my guys. bye bye looking at other carriers.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 8:14 am
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum
I just redeemed some BXP1s and went to business.aa.com and entered my PNR, but it says “not eligible for upgrade.” Is this because the trip was booked since the new program was rolled out as “personal travel”? I thought BXP1s were valid on everything except basic economy…
Old Nov 22, 2023, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by wk989
I just redeemed some BXP1s and went to business.aa.com and entered my PNR, but it says “not eligible for upgrade.” Is this because the trip was booked since the new program was rolled out as “personal travel”? I thought BXP1s were valid on everything except basic economy…
BXP's are valid on all fares except B,N,O,Q,S (not just B).

That said I've always found the BE website to be very clunky and often not accurate when trying to apply an upgrade or book an award online.

So just call Meeting Services to apply your upgrades, assuming you're not booked under one of those fare basis (and if you are they can upfare it for you).
Antarius and wylek like this.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Raralith

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
Ive got the SAME thing!
Same here.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP / CK
Same here. No number or email to call. I guess I can try the regular EXP desk and they will know how to transfer me?

Overall this new program sucks and I'm not sure my company can use it anyway. What a shame for another devaluation....
Old Nov 22, 2023, 11:32 am

Programs: Oneworld (Emerald)
Originally Posted by wk989
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
That said I've always found the BE website to be very clunky and often not accurate when trying to apply an upgrade or book an award online.

So just call Meeting Services to apply your upgrades, assuming you're not booked under one of those fare basis (and if you are they can upfare it for you).
Always call, never trust business.aa.com for BXP1s. As recently as this morning, I had yet another case where a BXP1 "waitlisted" from the business.aa.com website did not automatically clear hours after the flight went C5. A quick call to meeting services fixed that, and the agent (thankfully) realized that another segment I "waitlisted" from the website didn't actually waitlist at all!
Antarius likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.