Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship First dining - incoming long haul first connecting to domestic first?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2024 | 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Hello everyone,
Sorry if this is a stupid question from a first time poster: I am later this month flying in first on AA from LHR to DFW and then onwards later the same day from DFW to LAS, both in first. As an arriving longhaul first class passenger (but not connecting onto longhaul/transcon flagship first, only shorthaul first), can I use DFW flagship first dining? The explanations of the rules that I've been able to find are ambiguous on this point. For what it's worth (as far as I can tell nothing!), I am on a BA codeshare ticket and Oneworld Emerald via BA Gold status.
Also, would I need to collect and recheck my bags or will they be checked through from LHR to LAS?
Thank you in advance!
Old Jan 3, 2024 | 4:28 pm
S80
20 Countries Visited20 Nights1M

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, QR Gold, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by El Capitano
Hello everyone,
Sorry if this is a stupid question from a first time poster: I am later this month flying in first on AA from LHR to DFW and then onwards later the same day from DFW to LAS, both in first. As an arriving longhaul first class passenger (but not connecting onto longhaul/transcon flagship first, only shorthaul first), can I use DFW flagship first dining? The explanations of the rules that I've been able to find are ambiguous on this point. For what it's worth (as far as I can tell nothing!), I am on a BA codeshare ticket and Oneworld Emerald via BA Gold status.
Also, would I need to collect and recheck my bags or will they be checked through from LHR to LAS?
Thank you in advance!
As far as I'm aware yes, similar situation arriving DFW in Flagship first and departing domestic in domestic first I was granted access.
You will need to recheck bags, you go through immigration, down the escalator to baggage claim, through customs, and then there's a bag drop in the hall outside before you go upstairs to reclear security.
Old Jan 3, 2024 | 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!
Old May 28, 2024 | 2:00 pm
5 Years on Site

Would arriving on CX F and connecting to AS Y give access to FFD in LAX?
Old May 28, 2024 | 2:27 pm
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by 12changk2
Would arriving on CX F and connecting to AS Y give access to FFD in LAX?
No. There is no FFD at LAX.
Old May 28, 2024 | 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited2M100 Nights20 Years on Site

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by spanishflea
No. There is no FFD at LAX.
No, but there is Qantas F lounge. CX F should grant access.

However will need to depart from terminal 6 which is three terminal buildings away.
N1120A likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.