Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Loyalty Pause

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2024, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Most of my LPs have come from flights but I recently hit the 400K level and was surprised to see that the SWU reward was a single SWU. Not nothing but less than I was expecting. The LPs are probably helping my upgrade rate, though. I certainly will not hit 550K before the counter resets, so I am charging nothing on the AA credit card until then except AA flights.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by ksucats
Depends on how often you have a chance to get upgraded. Those extra points will rank you ahead of other platinums for upgrades.

As far as me, I am one that needs every point I can get to get to 200k. I will make it again this year, but only by a couple thousand. With that being said, I am holding off on a fairly large purchase until March so that those points give me a jump start for next year.
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
That is called landing the plane, and where i am aiming for as well.
When I return from DEL on February 15, I will have exactly 250,180 LPs, just enough to get the next level of Elite Rewards. Talk about landing on the piano keys!
CMTinPHL and Antarius like this.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by vasantn
When I return from DEL on February 15, I will have exactly 250,180 LPs, just enough to get the next level of Elite Rewards. Talk about landing on the piano keys!
Well played sir .

I will be under 205k, which is close enough for my objective.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 7:41 am

I'm on pause. I hit PP this year mostly from flying, but my company is cutting back my travel significantly this calendar year. Will need to try every trick in the book just to get back to Platinum (if Gold). Banking Chase points for a potential Asia trip next year but otherwise thinking about shifting spend to my Executive card starting 3/1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.