Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed: AA to launch DFW-BNE flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2024 | 6:09 pm
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Confirmed: AA to launch DFW-BNE flights

American Airlines has long talked about adding Brisbane to its international network, this has just been teased on its Instagram account and I can now confirm DFW-BNE is happening, with an official announcement expected within the next 24 hours: https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...las-fort-worth
ZenFlyer likes this.

Last edited by djsflynn; Jan 31, 2024 at 6:52 pm
Old Jan 31, 2024 | 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: American Airlines
That thing will be C0 for 20 years
djsflynn, DMPHL, catmndu and 9 others like this.
Old Jan 31, 2024 | 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Good to see another route to USA.
The QLD tax payers $$ at work (gifted)??

But will AA service DFW-AKL (Oct - Mar) route survive? I expect it will not.
djsflynn likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2024 | 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
15 Years on Site

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
DFW-BNE/VER/GIG/KOA According to Ishrion:

Old Feb 1, 2024 | 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

AA newsrom -- Bound for Brisbane: American Airlines to fly Down Under next winter
FORT WORTH, Texas — Get ready to warm up next winter with more routes from American Airlines to exquisite beaches, vibrant landscapes and dream getaways in Australia, Brazil, Hawaii and Mexico.From Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW), American will add new service to Brisbane, Australia (BNE), in October, and Veracruz, Mexico (VER), in June. Additionally, from DFW, American will add new service to Rio de Janeiro (GIG) and resume service to Kona, Hawaii (KOA), for the winter.

“American is thrilled to grow our international network to give customers more ways to escape the cold next winter,” said Brian Znotins, American’s Senior Vice President of Network and Schedule Planning. “Together with Qantas, customers can enjoy more ways to explore new destinations across one of the most comprehensive networks connecting the United States and the South Pacific.”
<snip>
Heading to the land Down Under
American will offer the first-ever service between DFW and BNE starting in October. This new service, launching from American’s largest hub, will enable one-stop connections to BNE from more than 100 destinations across the United States that currently require at least two stops. Brisbane and the state of Queensland are known for sensational coastlines, world-famous zoos, a vibrant cultural scene and 280 days of sun every year.

When American’s seasonal service begins, it will be the longest nonstop flight in the airline’s network. For additional comfort, customers will be able to enhance their premium experience on American’s newly designed Boeing 787-9 aircraft featuring 51 Flagship Suite seats and 32 Premium Economy seats.

The joint business between American and Qantas continues to offer customers one of the most comprehensive networks connecting North America and Australia and New Zealand. Next winter, the partnership will offer services from Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), New York (JFK) and Vancouver, Canada (YVR), to four major gateways in Australia and New Zealand: Auckland (AKL), Brisbane (BNE), Melbourne (MEL), and Sydney (SYD). As part of the American–Qantas partnership, customers will be able to connect to more than 200 destinations across the U.S., and nearly 70 destinations across Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific — more than any other partnership.
<snip>
AKL is still listed, from Dec 5, 2024. So later than 2022.

QF was going to start BNE-ORD, but due to CV19 did not start. ORD would be a good destination from Australia

N830MH likes this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Feb 1, 2024 at 12:43 pm
Old Feb 1, 2024 | 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
15 Years on Site

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
AA newsrom -- Bound for Brisbane: American Airlines to fly Down Under next winter

QF was going to start BNE-ORD, but due to CV19 did not start. ORD would be a good destination from Australia
No, they never started. They didnt start BNE-ORD yet. Someday in the future theyll start SYD-ORD on the project sunrise.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2024 | 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi

The December 5th start date is for LAX-AKL. I think DFW-AKL still starts end of October.
Old Feb 1, 2024 | 10:19 pm
Original Poster

And here's the schedule:
ZenFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2024 | 10:20 pm
Original Poster

I have to say, although DFW-BNE has been on the cards for some time, it was a welcome surprise to see this declared as a starter route for the new Flagship Suite.
Old Feb 2, 2024 | 7:08 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, QR Gold, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by N830MH
No, they never started. They didnt start BNE-ORD yet. Someday in the future theyll start SYD-ORD on the project sunrise.
ORD makes some (little) sense - especially with AA cutting it down as a hub, plus given the backtrack required for a large number of its destinations, people will likely prefer to connect south (especially in the US winter season).
N830MH and ZenFlyer like this.
Old Feb 8, 2024 | 2:35 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
So excited for this route!

May have to give it a try
ZenFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024 | 12:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Hot damn! Finally, we have a significant new international route and with a new 789 fitted with the updated premium suite. I'm booked on the inaugural flight on Oct. 26th. The only downside is 1A and 2A are already showing as occupied. I settled for 1L on the starboard side. At 8,303 miles, this is AA's longest route yet. Inaugural flights I have been on include DFW/HKG (8,123 miles), LAX/SYD (7,488 miles), LAX/HKG (7,260 miles), LAX/AKL (6,504 miles), and DFW/ICN (6,841 miles). I'm looking forward to this new adventure and will post a detailed trip report when it occurs.
ZenFlyer and cmtlatitudes like this.
Old Feb 10, 2024 | 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
15 Years on Site

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond, National Executive Elite
I have a friend who is CK, who states AA had flown to BNE before, however, I do not remember this, hopefully, someone can help me here, has AA ever flown its own metal between the US and BNE?
Old Feb 10, 2024 | 7:58 am

Programs: AA EXP
This summary article of AA and Australia doesnt mention Brisbane. Im not knowledgeable on the subject but this suggests no prior regularly scheduled service to Brisbane. Perhaps someone can answer authoritatively.

https://simpleflying.com/american-ai...light-history/
Old Feb 10, 2024 | 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I have a friend who is CK, who states AA had flown to BNE before, however, I do not remember this, hopefully, someone can help me here, has AA ever flown its own metal between the US and BNE?
AA media release
Heading to the land Down Under
American will offer the first-ever service between DFW and BNE starting in October.
Many years ago QF used to operate AA 72 SYD DFW and the return AA73 DFW BNE SYD, with a B747. Expect AA code shared on that route. The B747 did not have the range for DFW SYD against the prevailing head winds. SYD-DFW-SYD non stop both ways came later with newer aircraft.
JJeffrey, ashill and ZenFlyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.