Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

BA Gold - Which Lounge(s) at JFK When Flying Domestic?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2024 | 11:16 pm
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference

So, I matched over to BA earlier this year (I basically had my pick of what status to invoke - AA, DL, or VS). Something I'm wondering - unless I'm on a Flagship First flight, I know the Chelsea Lounge is out (and I get that - it is amazing and I love going there, but it is also something special and I don't mind it being a bit locked off), but the status of Greenwich/Soho is ambiguous when flying domestic. I know that BA Gold gives me the Flagship Lounges (LAX, etc.), but the rebranding of JFK leaves a bunch of ambiguity there. Which lounge(s) can I go to?
Old Jun 10, 2024 | 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited1M10 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
You can access either Soho or Greenwich.

Soho is the equivalent of Galleries First. Greenwich, Club.
GrayAnderson likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2024 | 11:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
30 Countries Visited1M10 Years on Site

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Antarius
Soho is the equivalent of Galleries First.
Except it's much much nicer.
JJeffrey, Antarius, econ and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 11, 2024 | 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

You can also use the Admirals Club in the remote concourse, which may be closer to your domestic departure, but that won't be as nice as either Greenwich or Soho.
Old Jun 11, 2024 | 4:10 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

The Joint Premium Lounges are really surprisingly well-executed by AA & BA. Although Soho is more premium and exclusive, I really do like the improvements to Greenwich - namely, the tap room and bridge bar. While I love the design aesthetic of the bar in Soho, and it has the a la carte dining, which is a nice touch, I don't otherwise find it a terribly interesting place to spend a few hour layover. I really do like the atmosphere at the bridge bar in Greenwich though, and have had better cocktails there than at Soho. It's also delightfully uncrowded since it's hard to find. I actually prefer spending my time there than in Soho.
bgasser likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2024 | 6:22 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Kacee
Except it's much much nicer.
I think even Greenwich is nicer than GF at LHR T5, especially with the former FFD + Bridge Bar areas open.
gophish11 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.