Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Eligible for any Trip delay compensation from Citi or AA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2024 | 12:15 am
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

YYZ to LGA AA flight booked for my parents and sister with was delayed by almost 3 hours this morning. Big inconvenience cos my parents are old and they had to go around changing gates and waiting not knowing and they weren't given any food /drink vouchers or anything.
Scheduled : 10:40 AM, Actual 1:24 PM. I got 1 hour delayed text the night before but once at the airport yesterday morning, it kept getting delayed every 20 mins and 2 gate changes. The reason it showed was "late arrival of incoming flight. I heard about the IT software problem in news but I don't think this was the reason or only reason .
Does Citi aadvantage business card cover any trip delay protection in this case? Or AA cover anything ?
If not its fine. THanks
Old Jul 20, 2024 | 12:55 am
20 Countries Visited

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
What were the expenses?
Old Jul 20, 2024 | 1:35 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Programs: AA Plat
Since your family was departing from YYZ, at >2h they theoretically could have received "[a] snack and a drink, depending on how long you’ve waited, the time of day, and your location." If they had incurred actual food expenses during the wait, they could try to submit a claim and see if they could get it reimbursed.

Delay compensation only kicks in for arriving 3 or more hours late. See https://www.aa.com/i18n/customer-ser...p?locale=en_CA
Old Jul 21, 2024 | 1:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by prathetkrungthep
Since your family was departing from YYZ, at >2h they theoretically could have received "[a] snack and a drink, depending on how long you’ve waited, the time of day, and your location." If they had incurred actual food expenses during the wait, they could try to submit a claim and see if they could get it reimbursed.

Delay compensation only kicks in for arriving 3 or more hours late. See https://www.aa.com/i18n/customer-ser...p?locale=en_CA
no snacks or drinks or anything, the delay was almost 3 hours total.
Old Jul 21, 2024 | 2:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Blueheaven
Does Citi aadvantage business card cover any trip delay protection in this case?
I don't know the answer, but writing insurance policies against AA's rolling delays doesn't strike me as a financially sound strategy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.