10 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by schriste
Did anyone actually pay $ for it?
Guilty as charged. Fool me once....
Old Aug 14, 2024 | 12:32 pm
50 Countries Visited1M80 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer
If going to LHR on One World: BA F over AA F any and everyday.....unless you are contract bound, or are chasing/renewing CK...

AA F isn't even the cheapest on some flights to LHR....

BA F is staying for a reason, while AA F sunsets into history......tells you about management's vision and planning....
Flying to LHR, I'd agree. Departing from LHR, I'd offer that AA F affords access to the CX F lounge in T3, which IMO is superior to the T5 CCR to which BA F affords access. To each their own whether that's sufficient to swing the decision in favor of AA.
Old Aug 14, 2024 | 1:28 pm
20 Years on Site

My company covers F. I usually pick the schedule as far as SFO-LHR avoiding the 380 whenever possible. AA non stop is not an option so Virgin is my #2
Old Aug 14, 2024 | 1:30 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
They have the same "customer doesn't notice" philosophy in coach. However, the cost is low so people don't gripe as much.
Old Aug 14, 2024 | 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited1M10 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by dkc192
Flying to LHR, I'd agree. Departing from LHR, I'd offer that AA F affords access to the CX F lounge in T3, which IMO is superior to the T5 CCR to which BA F affords access. To each their own whether that's sufficient to swing the decision in favor of AA.
CX F is also accessible with OWS/AA Plat and up.
Old Aug 14, 2024 | 2:10 pm
10 Countries Visited100k5 Years on Site

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by stant
as far as im concerned the only real perk to FF is the extra LPs earned on a single flight.
By virtue of it just being more expensive...? Or am I missing something here.
ijgordon, Madison Guy and Antarius like this.
Old Aug 14, 2024 | 3:55 pm
20 Countries Visited20 Nights3M15 Years on Site

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by Antarius
I believe to access the "F" part of the T3 CX Lounge at LHR without an F ticket, one requires OWE status (any OW airline.) The "J" section can be access via OWS.
AADFW, Geordie405 and DiamondMile like this.
Old Aug 14, 2024 | 4:06 pm
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Madison Guy
I believe to access the "F" part of the T3 CX Lounge at LHR without an F ticket, one requires OWE status (any OW airline.) The "J" section can be access via OWS.
I was there very recently and this is 100% correct. Try the dim sum! Highly recommended.
Old Aug 14, 2024 | 4:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by AADFW
I was there very recently and this is 100% correct. Try the dim sum! Highly recommended.
The "J" side is nice, but F much better. And I love the tarmac views! (Working on regaining OWE - used AA F tickets last couple of times.)
AADFW likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2024 | 4:11 pm
20 Countries Visited20 Nights1M20 Years on Site

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
AA has no vision and understanding of what it takes to make F a monetizable product.
Looks like they figured it out domestically. No shortage of people willing to buy up for a substandard product.
Old Aug 14, 2024 | 4:12 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: American, Marriott/spg
Some good, some not

The oddest thing I have seen consistently is that nobody comes through to collect trash. Your menus, plastic wrap from bedding, anything, just sits there, even before landing. Just walk out of the plane and the trash is still sitting there. This was on 6+ flights I took recently. Maybe it was true before but I didn't notice it.
KansasMike likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2024 | 4:43 pm
20 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
the business section is but you need to be OWE for the F part.

I actually prefer the J lounge in many ways. The noodle bar is there (ok, you have to go to collect your food instead of table service) but it feels more spacious plus the bar is there. Don’t get me wrong, the F section is great but the T5 CCR is better.
jmj9905 and DiamondMile like this.
Old Aug 14, 2024 | 4:55 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
the business section is but you need to be OWE for the F part.

I actually prefer the J lounge in many ways. The noodle bar is there (ok, you have to go to collect your food instead of table service) but it feels more spacious plus the bar is there. Don’t get me wrong, the F section is great but the T5 CCR is better.
1000% agree.
Old Aug 14, 2024 | 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by gustavmahler

... but the T5 CCR is better.
Originally Posted by 355F1
1000% agree.
Not for me. The high temperatures in T5 are bad enough (for me) to try to avoid the terminal for anything - including their lounges and trappings. YMMV
AADFW likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2024 | 8:06 pm
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Madison Guy
The "J" side is nice, but F much better. And I love the tarmac views! (Working on regaining OWE - used AA F tickets last couple of times.)
Yes, was referring to F side restaurant offering. The dan dan noodles are also top notch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.