Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Card (UK)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2024 | 2:40 pm
Original Poster
50 Countries Visited1M60 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, VS Gold, Amex Cent
Harvey Nichols hamper. They don't always see BA best fares, but I have in past 3-4 years had some great TATL pricing in premium cabins using AA code share and their IAP rates.
OpenSky, NotSoMuch and Hetty44 like this.
Old Jan 18, 2024 | 4:37 am
5 Years on Site

The latest Centurion experiences have just been released on the app.

As always, zero options for the north of England.
Old Jan 21, 2024 | 6:24 am
20 Years on Site

Any thoughts on the FHR 'improvements' announced a few days ago? In particular I would worry about "...streamlined to one of the following three options, depending on the hotel:

· Property credit.
· Food and beverage credit.
· Or an enhanced $150 spa credit (up from $100)."

I never use a spa but I suspect that the cost to the hotel of that credit, even at the higher rate, would be better than the others, given take-up and underlying costs. I'm also guessing that the mini-bar and lounge access is unlikley to be the majority of additional offerings.

As a question, are the changes likely to apply to existing bookings?
Old Jan 21, 2024 | 7:13 am

Programs: Centurion BA GGL IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by garethmorgan
Any thoughts on the FHR 'improvements' announced a few days ago? In particular I would worry about "...streamlined to one of the following three options, depending on the hotel:

· Property credit.
· Or an enhanced $150 spa credit (up from $100)."

I never use a spa but I suspect that the cost to the hotel of that credit, even at the higher rate, would be better than the others, given take-up and underlying costs. I'm also guessing that the mini-bar and lounge access is unlikley to be the majority of additional offerings.

As a question, are the changes likely to apply to existing bookings?
where did you see this announcement haven’t had anything in the post / email about this?
Old Jan 21, 2024 | 9:16 am
20 Years on Site

By email on 18th :-

I hope you are well and having a great start to the year!

We are thrilled to share some exciting updates about our hotel programmes. Introducing additional benefits to make your stay even more special.

Here’s what you can look forward to:

Fine Hotels + Resorts (FHR) benefits:

• Noon check-in, subject to availability on arrival.
• Room upgrade, subject to availability on arrival.
• Daily breakfast for two people.
• Guaranteed 4 pm late check-out.
• Complimentary in-Room Wi-Fi (exclusions apply).
• Experience credit.

As of 2024, some or our FHR hotels will also offer one of the following additional benefits, in addition to the above existing FHR perks:

· Complimentary one-way transfer.
· Complimentary valet parking.
· Complimentary mini-bar.
· Complimentary Club Lounge access for two people

Also, the FHR Experience credit will now be streamlined to one of the following three options, depending on the hotel:

· Property credit.
· Or an enhanced $150 spa credit (up from $100).

Centurion Fine Hotels + Resorts (CFHR):

Aman - Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group - St. Regis - The Peninsula Hotels - Rosewood Hotels & Resorts - Oetker Collection - Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts

CFHR benefits:

· All existing FHR benefits.
· An additional $200 USD food and beverage or spa credit on paid 2-night stays.
· Room upgrade at the time of booking when available.

As of 2024, CFHR hotels will elevate your experience by offering all the above benefits, plus an additional upgrade at the time of check-in, subject to availability. This means that when you book one of the CFHR hotels, you will enjoy all the FHR benefits, a $200 USD credit, an upgrade at the time of booking and an extra upgrade at time of check in, when available.

The Hotel Collection (THC) program benefits:

Stay a minimum of two consecutive nights and receive:

· Room upgrade upon arrival, when available.
· An on-site credit of US$100, such as a spa or food and beverage credit.

As of 2024, we are introducing two new extra benefits:

· 12 pm check-in (when available).
· A late check-out (when available).

Also, select THC properties are going the extra mile by offering one of the following benefits, in addition to the existing and new THC perks:

· Complimentary Breakfast for Two.
· Complimentary Valet Parking.
· Complimentary Self-Parking.
· Complimentary Mini-Bar.

Benefits, participating properties, availability, and amenities are subject to change
ubiquitous1984 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2024 | 9:59 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold
Interesting. I assume this is not just for UK card holders. Anyone any idea which brands will offer the extra perks?

I have had good experiences with extra Centurion upgrades with Waldorf Astoria and St Regis meaning an extra upgrade (or 2) after the upgrade at booking. Less luck with Mandarin Oriental and Belmond. Hopefully it will get better still over the whole range of brands.
Old Jan 21, 2024 | 1:19 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Emirates Gold, HH Diamond, Centurion (UK), Virgin Gold
I assume the email came from your RM/Executive rather than Amex marketing.

I don't think most changes are substantive - and, allow me to be a bit cynical here, I suspect the RM may have taken some liberty confounding one-off benefits at individual hotels with programme enhancements. I have seen hotels providing chauffeurs, valets, complimentary minibars for FHR, and other agent bookings for years. Despite unofficial (till now?), more often than not, you can also expect a second upgrade at check-in at CFHR hotels.

Club lounge access and $150 SPA credit, if true, would be pretty interesting. Club lounges are highly valuable at the right properties and may even tempt me to opt for standard FHR over CFHR at the same price range if RC & Four Seasons offer it. I guess SPA had the highest margin, and hotels may want to add extra incentives so people opt for treatment rather than F&Bs -- that being said, I don't think it would be enough incentives for me.

It will undoubtedly be good news if Amex improves FHR/CFHR -- CFHR, in particular, is the only reason I am keeping Centurion.
Old Jan 22, 2024 | 4:21 am
20 Years on Site

Email came from a name I dont recognise and have never had any contact with, labelled
| Centurion Servicing
Travel & Lifestyle Services
American Express
Old Jan 22, 2024 | 6:27 am
5 Years on Site

How strange it is that some Centurion cardholders receive these updates, whereas the rest of us don't!

Gareth, thank you for sharing the information.

The CFHR potential double upgrade is appealing.
Old Jan 23, 2024 | 2:58 pm
Original Poster
50 Countries Visited1M60 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, VS Gold, Amex Cent
Agreed, the double upgrade is great, and the Hotel Collection 12pm check-in is good. Spa credits always nice - makes them more palatable when they start at $300 in the first place! $200 F&B isn't bad either to be fair.

I think FHR is FHR so this should be for every cardholder worldwide.
Old Jan 24, 2024 | 8:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
This isn't special. Out top end travel agent gets us the same benefits without the card.
( he takes very good care of us)
Old Jan 25, 2024 | 12:44 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Emirates Gold, HH Diamond, Centurion (UK), Virgin Gold
Originally Posted by OpenSky
This isn't special. Out top end travel agent gets us the same benefits without the card.
( he takes very good care of us)
Can I know the name of your travel agent? I've been trying to find someone who can match CFHR for years.

Last edited by NotSoMuch; Jan 25, 2024 at 4:22 am
Old Jan 25, 2024 | 1:18 am

Originally Posted by NotSoMuch
Can I know the name of your travel agent? I've trying to find someone who can match CFHR for years.
I too have never been able to find anyone who can consistently match CFHR. It is the benefit I currently get the most value from.

I have tried plenty of TAs and none have come close to consistently delivering the upgrades. Most TAs I have worked with can deliver a one category upgrade but rarely anything more. It’s also nearly always on check in - a risk I really dislike. I have never got more than $100 credit with a TA.

The main irritation I have with CFHR is that Four Seasons aren’t part of the scheme. It is one of my preferred hotel groups and would seem like a natural fit. For FS - I always deliberate whether to book via a FS Preferred Partner or through FHR rates via the phone. For now, I stick with Amex just for convenience but I have heard preferred partners have better luck with upgrades.
Old Jan 25, 2024 | 3:13 am

Originally Posted by harrysw3
I too have never been able to find anyone who can consistently match CFHR. It is the benefit I currently get the most value from.
That's my experience also - they can match standard FHR but not CFHR.

The main irritation I have with CFHR is that Four Seasons aren’t part of the scheme.
Four Seasons will probably never be a part of CFHR. They have their own Four Seasons Elite loyalty programme for their big spender and serviced apartment owners - which is intended to stack on top of Four Seasons preferred partners or FHR rate and is very similar to CFHR.
Old Jan 25, 2024 | 12:30 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold
+1
Single best benefit for me. Shame that the CFHR list is so short,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.