Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can my spouse use my CC to pay the order from her Instacart?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2021 | 8:30 pm
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

I have the Amex Gold which can get 4x points on grocery shopping, my spouse has the Instacart express account. I'm wondering can she order the shopping but use my card to pay? We tried to add my card into her Instacart account, from "Add payment", we can add the card number, but there is no place to type my name. We concerned that if the payment will be charged on her name through her Instacart but the card is under my name...lol...not sure if it's a problem.

Same issue is, she has seamless+, wondering if I can use my Amex Gold card to pay? In fact, the fundamental question is, we are not sure if the order and the payment has to be consistently on the same name.

Thanks.

Last edited by ericmc; Jan 2, 2021 at 8:39 pm
Old Jan 3, 2021 | 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited2M15 Years on Site

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Just try it? I have used my credit cards on other sites to pay for my wife’s charges and there wasn’t always a place to enter a name. I don’t recall that it ever was rejected, though admittedly I think most sites actually have the name field.
Old Jan 3, 2021 | 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited3M80 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
We continuously use our CCs based on where the best offers are and it has never mattered. Usually there is a 'cardholder name' and that doesn't have to be the same as the account holder. So no idea about Instacart, but I doubt this will be a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.