Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge DCA (opened 17 July 2024)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, AA Platinum, United Silver
I am having a difficult time visualizing where this is being built because I had assumed it was near the B level check-in area. If it is there, it is a really long way off because they have not built the new structure yet. If it is near the C security area, not sure where it would go and still have tarmac/apron views.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by esc2476
I am having a difficult time visualizing where this is being built because I had assumed it was near the B level check-in area. If it is there, it is a really long way off because they have not built the new structure yet. If it is near the C security area, not sure where it would go and still have tarmac/apron views.
I didn't get a picture but as you exit the checkpoint into National Hall it is on your immediate right.

Edit - here is a photo:
chrisny2, ChurnieEls and esc2476 like this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA1K
it is right by where the checkpoint would be for the B gates
Old Jul 10, 2022, 7:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, AA Platinum, United Silver
When I returned from my trip, I saw what is pictured. I always pictured it being one level higher, but perhaps that’s just going to be the entrance.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
another angle
Old Aug 7, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by esc2476
When I returned from my trip, I saw what is pictured. I always pictured it being one level higher, but perhaps that’s just going to be the entrance.
Using the ruler on Google Maps, it's right at half a mile from the lounge to the end of the E terminal (where my flights are usually out of)... even with the 2 moving walkways between D and E, seems like a solid 10 minutes each way from gate to sitting-in-lounge. Hopefully the offerings will be good enough to justify the schlepp!
Old Sep 2, 2022, 4:39 am

DCA Centurion Lounge Opening Dates?

Anyone know dates on when the new DCA Centurion Lounge will be open? I have an upcoming flight in mid-November, wondering if it'll be done by then.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I took some similar pictures but this covers it. This is on the back side (from the gates) - I don't see how there can be any view.
I have taken some pictures of the terminal (from UA Club at DCA) and I don't see any signficiant external construction. There is a crane and and little bit of construcion work - maybe a way to get stuff down there - but it is on the terminal side - not the new secuirty check point building.

If it is in the new check point building you would have to walk down a long hall to get there (basically backtrack - and I don't think there is a separate - isolated walkway back under the drop off deck roadway.

SInce it is wide - seems to me - they just took several store fronts and combined them - with no view. Maybe they are putting some skylights in the area above - so there is some outside light.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by cova
I took some similar pictures but this covers it. This is on the back side (from the gates) - I don't see how there can be any view.
I have taken some pictures of the terminal (from UA Club at DCA) and I don't see any signficiant external construction. There is a crane and and little bit of construcion work - maybe a way to get stuff down there - but it is on the terminal side - not the new secuirty check point building.

If it is in the new check point building you would have to walk down a long hall to get there (basically backtrack - and I don't think there is a separate - isolated walkway back under the drop off deck roadway.

SInce it is wide - seems to me - they just took several store fronts and combined them - with no view. Maybe they are putting some skylights in the area above - so there is some outside light.
Did you mean to attach a photo?
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by m907
Did you mean to attach a photo?
I will try to get some better pictures of the outside area over the location, next week.

cmn.jcs, rjruiz and m907 like this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 9:43 pm

Here are two pictures from DCA website showing where the lounge will be: Also below that is a blow up of the last picture abbove.
Between the 4 round airvents (?) you see a yellow crane - clearly the structure of the space has not been built. This picture is a month old - I will get a new one. But looks like a two story lounge - enter from National Hall area - one level down - then the lounge must have an escalator to get the the open space above. The blow up ptcture - the large glass windows are the end of the terminal.

DCA website says opens end of 2022 - I don't see how.

rjruiz likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 4:33 pm

Here are some exterior pictures from Sept 21, 2022. Clearly a major exterior terminal building project - which modifies the architecture of the terminal. I am really surprised this is being done.

It is not clear how you get from the gate level part of the lounge to the roadway level - which is pretty high. Will need a high escalator. There is no real hole being made in the pavement at this time. I believe the construction office inside the terminal is where there was an staircase and escalator. Maybe they will use staircase to get you up to the road level lounge.

The main support pole beams are going up now. You still see the pavement of the exterior walkway - I would view this patio area as a smoking area before. The current exterior windows of the terminal will be windows from the lounge into the concourse of the terminal below.

No way this will be done by end of 2022 - this is major reconstruction of part of the terminal. Recently took years to build Term E and the new security checkpoint buildings. This will be at least a year.

Pictures for the lounge Geeks.

chrisny2 and m907 like this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 8:07 pm

Relooking at the concept picture above - it looks like the lounge building will be free standing with a gap between it and the current building with the arched roof. I guess sort of a square glass bubble.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 8:41 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Lol at the initial estimates of 2022 if that's where we're at right now, it'll be lucky to be done by Summer 2023.
dw likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 5:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Wow, that’s got to be an expensive lounge. I wonder what the budget is?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.