Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2024, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wnielsen1
Annual fee increasing from $250 to $325 (effective July 25, 2024 for new applicants; October 1, 2024 for renewals)

Added (ENROLLMENT REQUIRED):
  • $7/month Dunkin credit:
    • initial data points are showing that the credit is triggered on Dunkin Card reloads
  • 2x$50 semi-annual Resy credit:
Changed:
  • $10/month Dining credit:
    • Added: Five Guys starting July 25, 2024 (joining existing choices: GrubHub, The Cheesecake Factory, Goldbelly, and Wine.com)
    • Dropped: Shake Shack, Milk Bar no longer eligible starting September 26, 2024
  • 4x MR points on restaurants worldwide now capped at $50,000 in category spend per calendar year starting January 1, 2025 (1x MR points above $50k)
No Changes:
  • $10/month Uber Cash
  • 4x MR points on supermarkets capped at $25,000 in category spend per calendar year (1x MR points above $25k)
  • 4x MR points on restaurants worldwide (but the $50,000 cap on category spend is new - mentioned above)
  • 3x MR points on airfare booked at airlines or through AmEx Travel
  • 2x MR points on prepaid hotels, prepaid car rentals, or cruise reservations booked through AmEx Travel
  • 1x MR points on all other purchases
Print Wikipost

USA personal Gold Card refresh 2024

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2024, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Too bad the monthly bonvoy dining and amex uber credits don't credit for GC purchases.
I've had no problem getting credited on my Bonvoy Brilliant ($25) for buying Dunkin GC on the Dunkin App.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2024, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
You can get 3X on many no-fee cards, like the Chase Freedom Flex, so that same $30,000 spend would yield 90,000 UR points with no annual fee, vs. 120,000 (30,000 more) on the Amex Gold.

On quarters where the Chase Freedom Flex has a bonus on dining, it's even possible to earn 7X on the first $1500 per quarter, (1X + 4X + 2X) outearning the Amex Gold.
If only Chase offered a permanent 3x multiplier on groceries on one of the Freedom cards instead of duplicating 3x at drug stores on both.

WrightHI likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2024, 11:29 am

Errors trying to make add funds in Dunkin app

Anyone else getting errors today trying to add funds to the Dunkin app. Both Apple Pay and manually entering my card info is failing. Strange.
Old Jul 28, 2024, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JTravers
Anyone else getting errors today trying to add funds to the Dunkin app. Both Apple Pay and manually entering my card info is failing. Strange.
The mad rush of millions of AmEx Gold card holders so excited by the new benefit that they are crashing the system? :-)
Gasolin, hipp0 and hhdl like this.
Old Jul 29, 2024, 7:06 am

What error are you receiving? More detail would help determine which end of the screen (you or the app) the source of the error originates from...
Old Jul 29, 2024, 7:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Johnnie Walker Blue
Jul 26 - reloaded $7 in the Dunkin app
Jul 27 - received the email notifying me about the credit
Jul 28 - credit posted, backdated to Jul 26
Boraxo likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2024, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by imnotalawyer
What error are you receiving? More detail would help determine which end of the screen (you or the app) the source of the error originates from...
For Apple Pay, I get “Payment Processing,” then “Processing,” and then “Payment Failed.” No other messages.

When adding my Amex card manually to the app (I’ve also tried non-Amex cards), I get a red banner at the top that says, “We're sorry that we are unable to process your transaction at this time.Please check that you've entered all of the credit card information correctly.If you are still experiencing problems, please contact your credit card company. (APP4241)”

I have tried this with multiple Gold cards and with various other Visa cards, and I can’t get any of them manually added in the “Add/Manage Cards” area of the app.

Old Jul 29, 2024, 12:49 pm

26 July: Registered for credit on Amex site
27 July: Added $7 to GC on Dunkin app
29 July: received email from Amex "You've earned a Dunkin credit", showing in the benefit tracker as $7 earned this month, and $7 credit on account.

Last edited by dollar; Jul 30, 2024 at 6:57 am
Old Jul 29, 2024, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by dollar
I've had no problem getting credited on my Bonvoy Brilliant ($25) for buying Dunkin GC on the Dunkin App.
Well I think many of us do not want or need more $$ to spend at Dunkin, but I like your logic.

This would fantastic if I can trigger the credit simply by loading $25 into my chipotle or mixt app, or perhaps another restaurant that I use weekly. Not to mention Starbucks...
Old Jul 29, 2024, 12:55 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
....(APP4241)”
The most recent post in this thread suggests that an incorrectly set Permission can cause this error: https://www.reddit.com/r/DunkinDonut.../app_problems/
Old Jul 29, 2024, 2:10 pm

Well I think many of us do not want or need more $$ to spend at Dunkin, but I like your logic.

This would fantastic if I can trigger the credit simply by loading $25 into my chipotle or mixt app, or perhaps another restaurant that I use weekly. Not to mention Starbucks...
I know you're already aware of Starbucks and it would be hard for me to spend $25 there anyway, as I am not a big coffee person, but Chick-fil-A should also work.

https://thepointsguy.com/credit-card...nt-300-credit/
Boraxo likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2024, 2:31 pm

Well I think many of us do not want or need more $$ to spend at Dunkin, but I like your logic...
I use it as a "nearing the end of the month and haven't had the chance to use the whole credit" option.
Old Jul 29, 2024, 5:38 pm

I'm just getting an error even trying to enroll in the Dunkin benefit...

Also, has anyone heard that you can use these credits at Baskin Robbins?
Old Jul 29, 2024, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
$7 loaded to app on Saturday. $7 credit received today. So far so good
Old Jul 29, 2024, 6:21 pm
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, AA EXP, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Mlife Noir (=> Marriott Amb), invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by acarney
Also, has anyone heard that you can use these credits at Baskin Robbins?
I Googled and saw some discussion about this on Reddit -- it may require a hybrid store, or a standalone BR that can scan the QR code from the "Scan / Pay" tab in the app, which may not be all of them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.