Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Business class mileage award from LAX, the only destination is ICN. Really?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2024 | 1:46 am
Original Poster

I want to book a business class mileage award out of LAX and the only destination that's option is ICN. There's no other airport! That's just so unbelievable. Not only that, even if I did pick ICN, there's like no availability at all. Wow what a bummer. Is this right? Ideally would like to go from SAN->PUS on business class. Even using their star alliance partners website, there's no J class, and definitely no flights from SAN->PUS.
Old Jun 27, 2024 | 1:51 am
15 Years on Site

From lax, oz only flies to icn if u want oz plane.

But u can try a star alliance award.
that should have more options.

for any type of mileage award on any airline, have to be very flexible for dates and locations.
airlines dont release many awards and those get snapped up fast.

can try 1 year out or maybe 1 to 2 weeks before flight for better options

superbobbay likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2024 | 4:19 pm
40 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by superbobbay
I want to book a business class mileage award out of LAX and the only destination that's option is ICN. There's no other airport! That's just so unbelievable. Not only that, even if I did pick ICN, there's like no availability at all. Wow what a bummer. Is this right? Ideally would like to go from SAN->PUS on business class. Even using their star alliance partners website, there's no J class, and definitely no flights from SAN->PUS.
You need to select the 'Via Incheon' option to book a connecting flight that transits at ICN. As for availability on the LAX/ICN segment, unfortunately this is a problem for TPAC segments on almost all airlines right now, as the demand is far outpacing the supply. You basically need to check for availability as soon as the flight becomes bookable (330 days out???).

Old Jun 27, 2024 | 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by downinit
You need to select the 'Via Incheon' option to book a connecting flight that transits at ICN. As for availability on the LAX/ICN segment, unfortunately this is a problem for TPAC segments on almost all airlines right now, as the demand is far outpacing the supply. You basically need to check for availability as soon as the flight becomes bookable (330 days out???).

Thanks, but same issue even with "Via Incheon".
Select Departure, LAX, the arrival city option is only ICN still.
Click "View All Cities", the only option is ICN.
I think my only option is to find a Star Alliance partner airline.
Old Jun 27, 2024 | 11:13 pm
15 Years on Site

Just buy a separate cash ticket from icn to pus.
it is cheap.
Old Jun 27, 2024 | 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Just buy a separate cash ticket from icn to pus.
it is cheap.
Oh the flight is for my elderly mother. Having her go to possibly a separate terminal, fetch bags, etc, would be hard on her.
Old Jun 28, 2024 | 6:44 am
15 Years on Site

Oh the flight is for my elderly mother. Having her go to possibly a separate terminal, fetch bags, etc, would be hard on her.
Pus is domestic mostly and almost no flights between icn and pus.
from seoul area, only flights to pus are from gmp airport.

SPN Lifer and superbobbay like this.
Old Jun 28, 2024 | 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Ah this is a great point, didn't think of this! Thank you
Old Jul 2, 2024 | 6:35 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Korean Air offers ICN - PUS but only for international travelers going to/from Korea. For example, you can book USA - ICN, then ICN - PUS and you would clear immigration at PUS. You would do a transfer at ICN and your bags would be forwarded to PUS so no stress there. Conversly you can do the same in the other direction. Leave PUS (at the International Terminal) to ICN, transfer at ICN and then take a flight to somewhere outside Korea. Yeah, different alliance unfortunately.

Old Jul 3, 2024 | 12:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nme7
Korean Air offers ICN - PUS but only for international travelers going to/from Korea. For example, you can book USA - ICN, then ICN - PUS and you would clear immigration at PUS. You would do a transfer at ICN and your bags would be forwarded to PUS so no stress there. Conversly you can do the same in the other direction. Leave PUS (at the International Terminal) to ICN, transfer at ICN and then take a flight to somewhere outside Korea. Yeah, different alliance unfortunately.
I would love to do this, but all my points are in Asiana. Yeah it looks like KAL is the only one to offer LAX->ICN->PUS. Bummer.
Old Jul 3, 2024 | 1:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
20 Years on Site

I would love to do this, but all my points are in Asiana. Yeah it looks like KAL is the only one to offer LAX->ICN->PUS. Bummer.
Well, if your travel date is far enough out, you might be able to end up using your points on KE.
gobaers and nme7 like this.
Old Aug 12, 2024 | 1:17 pm
40 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Sorry it took me a while to follow up on this one, but I just noticed your reply. When you select Via Incheon, you need to manually input the flights as LAX-ICN, ICN-XXX. Again, the issue is finding availability on the LAX-ICN segment.
Old Aug 20, 2024 | 2:11 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Asiana has NO seats on ANY flights from ICN anymore. Like they get SNATCHED UP INSTANTLY when they are available. And people squat on them and randomly drop them.

Case in point, we booked ICN-TPE for my husband's bday weekend - like 3months before - and then one week before the trip - someone dropped the earlier flight and we had to change our tickets to that one.

It is BRUTAL compared to KE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.