Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection on award flight?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2023, 7:40 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by italdesign
Thanks. Couldn't get any of my *A PNRs to pull up (PNRs issued by Aeroplan and Asiana Club that work on the operating partner website).
Sorry about that. I've used it for NH, OS, LH and possibly others. Several years ago I did use it on Asiana, but apparently now it doesn't work? ☹️

Just to be sure, you are not using the AC RLOC from Aeroplan or the OZ RLOC from Asiana Club for partner awards, are you? You must use the RLOC from the operating carrier. e.g. If I booked JFK-VIE on OS using Aeroplan points, I would use the OS RLOC.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 8:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by wpcoe
Just to be sure, you are not using the AC RLOC from Aeroplan or the OZ RLOC from Asiana Club for partner awards, are you? You must use the RLOC from the operating carrier. e.g. If I booked JFK-VIE on OS using Aeroplan points, I would use the OS RLOC.
I believe Aeroplan and Asiana Club issue Amadeus-based PNR. The operating airlines in those itins also use Amadeus, so I believe it will be the same PNR. In any case I've pulled up my itins on the operating airline websites using the Aeroplan- and Asiana-issued PNRs, but those PNRs error out on SAS.com
wpcoe likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 8:42 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by italdesign
I believe Aeroplan and Asiana Club issue Amadeus-based PNR. The operating airlines in those itins also use Amadeus, so I believe it will be the same PNR. In any case I've pulled up my itins on the operating airline websites using the Aeroplan- and Asiana-issued PNRs, but those PNRs error out on SAS.com
Now I'm really puzzled. I can display a BR reservation on flysas.com, but not an OZ reservation. They both use Amadeus, right?

Scratch that. I was looking at a TG PNR, not a BR PNR. Doh. Can't display a BR PNR. 😳

Last edited by wpcoe; Aug 6, 2023 at 8:47 pm
Old Aug 7, 2023, 7:16 am

Called the 1-800 Brazilian Customer Service Line and was able to secure seats for my award flight issued by Smiles (Gol Linhas Aereas mileage program).

Manage my Booking options (website and mobile app) still show the "cannot make changes" warning though.

Not sure if I got lucky or Avianca is changing its policy on selecting seats thru the phone.

Made a dummy booking for the same dates and when I got to the seat selection screen saw that the agent secured my seats indeed.
MattAus likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 9:32 am

Programs: UA, QF, VA
I have some flights coming up on avianca that I booked using Aegean miles. Can't select seats on the Aegean nor Avianca websites - the Avianca website gives the same error as the OP to call them.

So, I called avianca and was told that their payment system was down, so would need to call back later or otherwise choose a seat at online checkin. Apparently if their payment system wasn't down, they would be able to charge me for a premium or exit row seat, but their system wouldn't let me choose a standard seat (neither for free nor for a fee) in advance.
Old May 5, 2024, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
FWIW, still can't choose seats on a UA-issued award. Haven't tried calling yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.