Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

DC Partner: BD Gold not showing up as *G on US BP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC Partner: BD Gold not showing up as *G on US BP

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2008, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold + 1MM; HHonors Gold; Marriott Plat
BD Gold not showing up as *G on US BP

I am a recent BD Gold. I have not received my Gold card yet. I flew yesterday on US airways. MY BP would not show my *G status. I had the GA re-print my BP, but no avail . They were not even able to see me a *G in their system. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it just an issue of not enough time being passed for the systems to update (I became a Gold on Nov. 13th) or is this something I will need to call someone to have fixed?

On a positive note, I had printed my BD account web page to show my status (as I had no card), the matrons at the US Air lounges let me in despite my BP, on the basis of the printout.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Were they putting the right new number in, beginning with 1? Rather than the old Silver 6xxx version?
Old Nov 22, 2008, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Were they putting the right new number in, beginning with 1? Rather than the old Silver 6xxx version?
Yes, I made sure of that...
Old Nov 22, 2008, 10:31 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Seven days is a little tight for all the databases bering updated with your new status.

As G-BOAC says, and as described in the FAQ, the first digit of your account number will now be a 1, rather than 6, 3, 0 or whatever.

One further issue, particularly when your status has changed between the time of booking and the time of travel, is that you need to get the agent to delete the number completely and re-enter the new number because the status does not automatically refresh.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ajamieson
Seven days is a little tight for all the databases bering updated with your new status.

As G-BOAC says, and as described in the FAQ, the first digit of your account number will now be a 1, rather than 6, 3, 0 or whatever.

One further issue, particularly when your status has changed between the time of booking and the time of travel, is that you need to get the agent to delete the number completely and re-enter the new number because the status does not automatically refresh.
I did ask the GA to change my #, as it was the original # at the time of booking. I have another flight on US coming up in a couple of weeks. I guess I will (re)start ranting if it is not updated by then...
Old Nov 22, 2008, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I've had even better in the same circumstances - tried to use OLCI with SAA, but that doesn't allow BD members, but it did use my BD number, without allowing me to delete it - so I had an SAA pleb number on my boarding card.

Didn't effect things, because I also managed to get in the lounge with my printout, and there were only 89 pax on the A340-600
Old Nov 22, 2008, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I don't know if this is OT, but I have had no *G recognition on TG (on BP/system, was flying in C anyway), even after showing the BD*G card at check-in, the BP (and system) still report my status as non-*G...
Old Nov 22, 2008, 3:13 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Hi,

My experience is:
- in mid-July my Company moved all our travels from oneworld to *A,
- I have enrolled into BD DC and within couple of weeks reached BD*G (l/haul Business on LX/US/BD - it was b4 the Lehman Brothers mess ),
- during the transition period (i.e. until I have finally reached BD*G) my BP was reflecting the status I had upon making reservation,
- looks like *A does not have an automatic system of updating status after the reservation has been made (oneworld has such the system),
Old Nov 22, 2008, 3:28 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I don't know if this is OT, but I have had no *G recognition on TG (on BP/system, was flying in C anyway), even after showing the BD*G card at check-in, the BP (and system) still report my status as non-*G...
TG relies on manual entry of the *G status.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TPJ
- looks like *A does not have an automatic system of updating status after the reservation has been made (oneworld has such the system),
Contrary to what you may believe, both work in a similar manner and have the same flaws. If your OW status changes, often it will take a re-poll of the database to get the updated status, so as suggested above, the easiest and cleanest way to do this is to have your FF number deleted from your upcoming bookings where you had your FF number entered against, and then call up again and have your FF number/new number (if appropriate) re-entered against the booking.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I have had the same issue with TG flights in the past too.
If BD*G is missing I ask the agent to look into it. They can usually fix this with some hefty typing around at their terminal.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster
I have had the same issue with TG flights in the past too.
If BD*G is missing I ask the agent to look into it. They can usually fix this with some hefty typing around at their terminal.
I have also had this issue, however not having my BD number (and status) clearly indicated on my BP did not preclude me from having my miles automatically credit by BD account. In fact as per usual with TG flights, the miles credited within about 3 days.

FWIW, a recent flight on SQ also did not have my number on the BP (possibly due to the special suites BP?) and my flight happily credited some 48 hours later.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Traveloguy
FWIW, a recent flight on SQ also did not have my number on the BP (possibly due to the special suites BP?) and my flight happily credited some 48 hours later.
SQ will only print KrisFlyer numbers on the BP, not other FFP numbers, though it will pick up status from other FFPs.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Savage25
SQ will only print KrisFlyer numbers on the BP, not other FFP numbers, though it will pick up status from other FFPs.
All my non-suites BPs have all displayed my BD number.

I think we can therefore assume this is SQ suites specific.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Traveloguy
All my non-suites BPs have all displayed my BD number.
Maybe its because I have a KrisFlyer account then, which all my other partner FFP numbers are linked to...I've never had non-SQ numbers displayed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.