Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat map in MMB improved

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2013, 5:10 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Agree with Morland and Petrus - would be nice to have the aircraft type back, can be handy if you want to double-check on sites like seatguru, etc.

I'd also like to request an easy way to click between sectors rather than have to go back to the list each time - for those with domestic to LH connections we've got four sectors to do and quite a few others (e.g. AA, UA) let you just click from flight to flight rather than go back and forward between the flight and the list of sectors.
Old May 11, 2013, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Morland
No longer shows Aircraft type... used to find that handy when checking SeatExpert/SeatGuru for infrequent aircraft types...
Originally Posted by Petrus
But agree with Morland, it is no longer showing aircraft type. Was it omitted or forgotten? I dont think anyone will mind still being able to see that information.
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Agree with Morland and Petrus - would be nice to have the aircraft type back, can be handy if you want to double-check on sites like seatguru, etc.
Despite all the complaints that the aircraft type shown by MMB was always wrong as soon as there had been an aircraft change?
Old May 11, 2013, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Despite all the complaints that the aircraft type shown by MMB was always wrong as soon as there had been an aircraft change?
Oh I hadn't realised that! Well in that case I'd like to amend my request to bring back the aircraft type and please make sure it's the correct one
Old May 11, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'd also like to request an easy way to click between sectors rather than have to go back to the list each time - for those with domestic to LH connections we've got four sectors to do and quite a few others (e.g. AA, UA) let you just click from flight to flight rather than go back and forward between the flight and the list of sectors.
+1^
Old May 11, 2013, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Oh I hadn't realised that! Well in that case I'd like to amend my request to bring back the aircraft type and please make sure it's the correct one
If you view the page source you can find the code of the aircraft type buried therewith...more hassle than it's worth perhaps...then again, this is FT...
Old May 11, 2013, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by andset1191
If you view the page source you can find the code of the aircraft type buried therewith...more hassle than it's worth perhaps...then again, this is FT...
Hehe oh I don't know - that sounds suitably geeky
Old May 13, 2013, 2:26 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Hi all

Thank you for your continued feedback on this. The team working on it have asked a couple of questions if that's ok? If you reply in this thread they will monitor the feedback. The questions are as follows:

1. Aircraft type - requested by Morland, Petrus & EDIflyer (technically easy for us to implement)
In the past we've shown 3 digit codes for the aircraft type, eg. 744 for a Boeing 747. Would you like this code reinstated or a more detailed description? i.e. Boeing 747-400

2. Click between sectors - requested by EDIflyer & GeeMac
Is this during check-in or seat selection in Manage My Booking?
How often do you select seats for multiple sectors?

Thanks in advance

Warm regards

Nicci
Old May 13, 2013, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
1. Aircraft type - requested by Morland, Petrus & EDIflyer (technically easy for us to implement)
In the past we've shown 3 digit codes for the aircraft type, eg. 744 for a Boeing 747. Would you like this code reinstated or a more detailed description? i.e. Boeing 747-400

Nicci, thank you for asking about this. For my part:-

1. I think that it would be better to show the full description (eg "Boeing 747-400"). In the real world, only a small percentage of passengers will have any idea what "744" means and so leaving it like that would seem hardly worth the effort.

2. I think that the reference here is to seat selection using MMB, when you have to click out of the present flight to the list, and then click another flight in the list.

Whether choosing seats on booking, or looking through seat allocations to check there have been no changes, I routinely go through an entire itinerary flight by flight, so this is pretty common behaviour on my part.
Old May 13, 2013, 4:56 am

Programs: Not much these days!
I second Globaliser's comments - while I'd be happy with '744' the vast majority of passengers would understand the description better. And in the Click between Sectors, every time I book a new flight I have to click into the Outbound and Return separately - it would be more efficient if e.g. the seat maps were tabbed so that I could go straight from one to the other without having to go back to the main booking screen. Thanks!
Old May 13, 2013, 5:02 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Hi all

Thank you for your continued feedback on this. The team working on it have asked a couple of questions if that's ok? If you reply in this thread they will monitor the feedback. The questions are as follows:

Nicci
I think regular flyers the like of those who use this website understand the codes like 319 734 etc well enough and in all honesty we are the only ones who would really care as to what plane we were flying on. The once a year or holiday traveller is possibly not so bothered about the aircraft type as getting seats together in MMB. On that basis the previous 3 digit codes would do for me.
Old May 13, 2013, 6:04 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
There seem to be two versions of the maps: if I look at a map in MMB, it shows which seats are exit seats. However, if I look at the map for the same flight during check-in, exit seats are not highlighted.
Old May 13, 2013, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Yes please, provided it is updated when the aircraft changes

Every return ticket has at least two sectors and so do one ways with connections, so this feature is potentially beneficial to almost all passengers
Old May 13, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Wasn't there a thread recently about the codes for the various sub-types and configurations of aircraft? Could we have this on the seat map for the geeks amongst us?
Old May 13, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Hi all

Thanks in advance

Warm regards

Nicci
Great enhancement, thanks. It actually works on iPad now (no scrolling issue).
I would prefer the detailed description please!
Old May 13, 2013, 12:53 pm

Many thanks for getting back to us so quickly, Nicci!

I agree that full name would probably be better for the wider travelling public but if it would mean a lot of extra website coding then I'm happy with the existing ones. If it's not an issue doing the more user-friendly names then probably better to have them.

Re. seat selection - as a Gold I do this everytime I make a booking - when travelling from the outstations on a return that means 4 sectors to select. It's not a major hassle at present but to be able to just click next/previous flight and work through them all in sequence would be nice. Most other airlines (UA/AA/NZ in my recent experience) do it as tabs along the top listing each sector - you can then either just click your way through or jump to a specific tab. Sadly I don't have any upcoming multi-sector flights on either of them or I'd post a screenshot!

EDIT - did some Google Image searching and found one (courtesy http://hinessight.blogs.com/hinessight) - sorry it's not the highest resolution and is just the availability one rather than the actual seat selection one, but it hopefully shows the sort of idea...

Last edited by EDIflyer; May 13, 2013 at 12:57 pm Reason: Add screenshot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.