Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2024, 3:11 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I’m a fan of slapping her in the face with an ugly bat. 😂
I'm an old bat who would hit you back with my pink plastic hairbrush. I'd walk away I'd look in your eyes and here's what I'd say I don't want you," I don't need you, I don't love you any more"
I'd walk out the door You'd be down on your knees you'd be calling to me
and once again I would spare you!

In case anyone is in any doubt - we are the best of friends as only friends could address each other as such. Were he single, I might even consider a dalliance except he is soooo much older than me!!
BA or bust, DaveS and JapesUK like this.

Last edited by PUCCI GALORE; Aug 25, 2024 at 3:18 am
Old Aug 25, 2024, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by PETER01
You two should get together and write a book, called Tales from the Galley of course.
Him? Write a book? He'd need to master joined-up writing first!

Be careful what you ask for as The Toilet Paper thread has stirred memories and memories stir TFTGs. I am thinking of writing a book but who one earth would take me as an Author?
BA or bust and DaveS like this.
Old Aug 25, 2024, 5:43 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
A bit late to post for a Friday but hopefully I'll be forgiven by the mods.
So Mrs. Firstlight bought me a cake which related to my hobbies and interests - and it was good to see a BA-A380 that was not delayed due to mechanical issues!

Old Aug 25, 2024, 5:48 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 12, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by firstlight
A bit late to post for a Friday but hopefully I'll be forgiven by the mods.
So Mrs. Firstlight bought me a cake which related to my hobbies and interests - and it was good to see a BA-A380 that was not delayed due to mechanical issues!

Now THAT is what I call a PROPER cake! You, Sir are a very lucky man!
SKT-DK, HIDDY, aks120 and 6 others like this.
Old Aug 25, 2024, 6:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BA or bust
Indeed. It was my birthday last month and all I got from my missus was a pair of slippers and a bar of chocolate.
Old Aug 25, 2024, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I'm an old bat who would hit you back with my pink plastic hairbrush. I'd walk away I'd look in your eyes and here's what I'd say I don't want you," I don't need you, I don't love you any more"
I'd walk out the door You'd be down on your knees you'd be calling to me
and once again I would spare you!

In case anyone is in any doubt - we are the best of friends as only friends could address each other as such. Were he single, I might even consider a dalliance except he is soooo much older than me!!
Who are you kidding, I’m young enough to be your love child?🤱🏼
DaveS likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2024, 8:17 am

Who are you kidding, I’m young enough to be your love child?🤱🏼
Whistler’:s Mother’s more like.
DaveS likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2024, 9:05 am

I wish you two would just get hitched instead of arguing all the time on here. Especially as neither of you are no spring chickens!!

Despite the freezing weather I'm making asado. Gathering up the two most important items at the moment.

rapidex, DaveS and TTmex like this.
Old Aug 25, 2024, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
How dare you, I’m young enough to still go clubbing, Pucci just needs clubbing.😂😂
HIDDY, DaveS and JapesUK like this.
Old Aug 25, 2024, 10:39 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
I am indeed, although Mrs. F. does alright with 40k miles of J/F travel annually and industrial quantities of BA175's
rapidex likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2024, 3:11 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Diamond, Mucci des repas d'enfant
How dare you, I’m young enough to still go clubbing, Pucci just needs clubbing.😂😂
Every day is a learning day. Just now I learned that you get funny looks in the Moxy when you spit your beer out because you are choking on your laughter 😂
Old Aug 25, 2024, 3:18 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 12, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I wish you two would just get hitched instead of arguing all the time on here. Especially as neither of you are no spring chickens!!

Despite the freezing weather I'm making asado. Gathering up the two most important items at the moment.
What! No chimichurri?
HIDDY and DaveS like this.
Old Aug 25, 2024, 7:16 pm

What! No chimichurri?
Too much faffing about making it. The ready made stuff gives me heartburn.
BA or bust and DaveS like this.
Old Aug 29, 2024, 7:54 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Diamond, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Happy Friday one and all!

After an eventful start to the week when I ran out of steam on Monday whilst on my mad lounge tour, it’s been a thankfully quiet work week. The weekend ahead sees me back in the air with a handful of cheap and cheerful SAS flights to extend the Eurobonus status match period through to 2026.

In other news, BA have been having fun with the schedules over the past 24 hours and I ended up with a number of cancellations yesterday. All of them weee recoverable bar one, Christmas Day . I’m still pondering the options but I may have to kill that trip and start on plan B.
BA or bust, cyborg, SKT-DK and 8 others like this.
Old Aug 29, 2024, 8:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JapesUK
Happy Friday one and all!

After an eventful start to the week when I ran out of steam on Monday whilst on my mad lounge tour, it’s been a thankfully quiet work week. The weekend ahead sees me back in the air with a handful of cheap and cheerful SAS flights to extend the Eurobonus status match period through to 2026.

In other news, BA have been having fun with the schedules over the past 24 hours and I ended up with a number of cancellations yesterday. All of them weee recoverable bar one, Christmas Day . I’m still pondering the options but I may have to kill that trip and start on plan B.
That lounge tour sounded mad. How far through it did you get until you ran out of steam?

My week has been flat out busy as am in the middle of peak season. Good problem to have.

The great news is that our kitchen refurb is finally complete and we have a fully functioning kitchen. Including a dishwasher, which is still a piece of tech not seen much here in Mexico. It's doing it's first load of dirty plates right now. Hallelujah!

As for flight stuff. I decided JALs switch from a 787 apex to 767 rust bucket and strange seat combo wasn't to our liking so have shifted us to a different service between Tokyo and Jakarta. I've also been talking to tour agencies about Borneo tours of 🦧 orangutans. For our middle east trip in October I just got a schedule change from QR..we now have 8 hours to kill at DOH from 5pm to 1am. Considering we have AS access, I'm sure we'll be fine.

Happy Friday
!
​​​​​​
BA or bust, cyborg, SKT-DK and 6 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.