Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2024, 8:11 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK GfL, BA Gold, TG *G, HH DIA, IHG Gold, Hertz PC
Happy Friday, everybody! Another week flown by.

Bit of a dull week here, so not much excitement to report - but looking forward to flying off to FUK on Thursday for a long weekend.
This weekend will be a quiet one with some work preparations for next week
HIDDY, rapidex, DaveS and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 12, 2024, 9:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
Just about to tick into Friday here. Not much other than work. So much going on, good problem to have.

Amongst the doom and gloom of Mexico's impending fall into being a militarized dictatorship, I did get a nice 3400 avíos boost from buying.some QR tickets with my revolut card. It's the little things, no?

​​​​

BA or bust, SKT-DK, HIDDY and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 12, 2024, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by BA or bust
Have fun! I have not dived that far away from the UK, the furthest was Egypt. I don’t count my snorkelling in the Caribbean, which was further away, as diving!
What I recall from that Egypt trip (my first one outside the UK) was how lovely and warm the water was. And the visibility was amazing, compared to looking at WW2 wrecks in the English Channel where the visibility was rarely more than a few metres!

PS Nice that you were able to meet WickedStepMother again.
​​​​​​​I craving some diving for sure. I've gone as far as the Philippines and the Cook Islands to do it. I can't wait to go somewhere in Indonesia nest year. My favourite diving so far has still been Mexico..either Cozumel or Islas Marietas
BA or bust, rapidex and DaveS like this.
Old Sep 12, 2024, 10:25 pm

Programs: M&S Elite+, BAEC Silver
Happy Friday everyone. It has been a slow week in Ethiopia. It is their New Year holiday which has meant three days of no work. It is nice to have a rest but I would rather have just got the project completed. Back to work tomorrow and hopefully out of here by the middle of next week and on to the next one.

I did at least put the Christmas FT do in the diary. It is the 19th December in the Victoria area just in case you had not seen the post.
cyborg, HIDDY, ExpatExp and 4 others like this.
Old Sep 12, 2024, 11:36 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Diamond, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Happy Friday one and all!

Currently enjoying the hospitality of the Premier Inn at the end of another business trip to Birmingham. What they didn’t mention was the renovations, no bar, no restaurant, and this is breakfast!

Today is the joys of the long train trip home. A weekend of domestic bliss ahead and then I have an 8 day 15 flight TP run starting Wednesday
BA or bust, cyborg, SKT-DK and 8 others like this.
Old Sep 12, 2024, 11:44 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 12, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by JapesUK
Currently enjoying the hospitality of the Premier Inn at the end of another business trip to Birmingham. What they didn’t mention was the renovations, no bar, no restaurant, and this is breakfast!
Today is the joys of the long train trip home. A weekend of domestic bliss ahead and then I have an 8 day 15 flight TP run starting Wednesday
That was breakfast!!!

PS is there a prize for most TP runs in a year? Surely you must be top of the leaderboard!

rapidex, DaveS and JapesUK like this.
Old Sep 12, 2024, 11:52 pm

Programs: BAEC electrum
PS is there a prize for most TP runs in a year? Surely you must be top of the leaderboard!
I think there may be a few here who do more
They just tend to be less interesting.
BA or bust, rapidex, DaveS and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 12, 2024, 11:53 pm

Surely a claim on their good night guarantee or whatever they call it. I got woken at 5am by a faulty fire alarm at PI T5 and was reimbursed the whole night fee of 80 quid.
BA or bust, HIDDY, rapidex and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 12, 2024, 11:54 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Diamond, Mucci des repas d'enfant
That was breakfast!!!

I’m an absolute part-time flyer compared to some on here, Markie and KARFA come immediately to mind but there are others striving for GFL and GGLFL and racking up miles and points at prodigious rates.
rapidex, DaveS and TTmex like this.
Old Sep 13, 2024, 12:37 am

I’m an absolute part-time flyer compared to some on here, Markie and KARFA come immediately to mind but there are others striving for GFL and GGLFL and racking up miles and points at prodigious rates.
OK, fair point. Maybe there should be a few leaderboard categories. Maybe based on home airport, county, country, age bracket, working or retired… if there were enough categories… we would all be top of at least one of them!
cyborg, rapidex, DaveS and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 13, 2024, 12:44 am

Happy Friday everyone. Another quiet week in the English countryside has passed by. Next couple of days is packing and pre-flighting the fast German car ready to catch the ferry to Santander on Sunday. Felt strange to have to fill out online check in and API for me and SWMBO as well as a car. The start of a little tour of the Spanish vineyards and (according to the latest forecast) we are in for ten days of pretty good weather. Fingers crossed!
Old Sep 13, 2024, 3:15 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Happy Friday everyone! It's nice to read about other people's travel, for me the high point of the week was when the little one finally accepted sleeping the whole night in her bed, 3 nights in a row now.

We're off to OTP next week for a weekend visit, and then there are a few trips under the Channel in the pipeline.

Safe travels!
Old Sep 13, 2024, 3:22 am

Programs: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Have fun! I have not dived that far away from the UK, the furthest was Egypt. I don’t count my snorkelling in the Caribbean, which was further away, as diving!
Snorkelling counts too, sometime it can be better than diving.

Any estimation how many lounges will you visit? 🤣
Old Sep 13, 2024, 3:24 am

Programs: British Airways

Mixed bag here in Vlores, Albania. Some really nice weather days then huge storms. Oh well at least I'm not stressed at work.
Old Sep 13, 2024, 3:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
We found some very Dutch heritage in Malaysia and I can’t believe that our time here is getting toward the end.

We wanted to come back here (35 years after trip 1) as it was the country that really set off years of travelling. It is such an amazing mix of cultures and never a dull moment.

From a travel point of view, we’ve done trains, planes (Air Asia, MH) and bus. Air Asia was weirdly great …

Wheels up at 1422
Lunch served at 1433
Touchdown at 1442

We flew at 10,000ft and the lunch was served in a take away bag as you couldn’t eat on the plane. It was included in the bundle we bought. made no sense to even offer it on a 20min flight.

Sadly (not really!) we missed out on the SIN QF F lounge as it was closed at the time of our MH flight … indeed the BA one was too. Never mind, I am really looking forward to the SQ Private Room and hoping it knocks the proverbial socks off the CCR. That said, as much as I admire JapesUK lounge tours, being in a waiting room doesn’t excite me that much

Enjoy the weekend all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.