Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Contender for the worst BA outstation: Corfu

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Contender for the worst BA outstation: Corfu

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2023, 3:51 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
More than happy to be the minority opinion here, but I believe it is unreasonable to expect some of the holiday outstations, many of which are heavily seasonal, to offer the same facilities as major airports. If you think the Club Europe fare to these places is not worth it then don’t book it!
In my view it all depends what you consider worth paying for and what isn’t.
For myself when I travel to Paphos I book CE for the fast track security, the lounge at Gatwick, the free middle seat and the meal on the flight. On the return , which is often late in the evening we like the bit of extra space and the evening meal. The lounge at Paphos is very small but is pleasant enough for a short stay. Having said that if the CE fare exceeds what I want to pay I happily book Eurotraveller. I really don’t understand why people get so upset about things. If you find the CE fare isn’t worth it then next time do things differently.
Maybe I’m easily pleased but having a separate bus or getting on or off the plane at a particular time compared to other passengers has never really bothered me.
I remember when I travelled to Skiathos in the 1980s passport control was literally an orange crate to stand on! Facilities were absolutely minimal. I found it quite fun!
If you to travel to some holiday places in parts of Europe and expect all the conveniences of one of the London airports I think you are missing out on the adventure or maybe are a little spoilt!
As I say my personal view. I’ll sit back and now and maybe take cover lol🙄!
Old Aug 28, 2023, 4:03 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Dn212
I'm flying from KGS (Kos) soon. Haven't seen any mention of it in this thread, but does OLCI work there?
Not sure about OLCI, but I flew out of KGS a few weeks back on U2. From drop off to bar was about 10 minutes - all very efficient.

We sat in the first cafe / bar before passport control. However, there is another one after passport control which would have been quieter (if we'd known about it!)

No lounges at KGS.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by T8191
On our recent trips to Crete we decided Heraklion (HER) was awful and decided to switch to Chania (CHQ). Hmmm, on our last departure the baggage belts at check-in were broken, leading to huge delays as piles of cases were randomly manhandled to ‘somewhere’. And then on the long walk/stand to the long (20 minute?) queues to their new and expansive Security which was a multi-channel shambles. We hope by the next trip things are working better, but that was an awful experience.
Oh dear, has CHQ really gone downhill? I have used it a lot but not in the last year. TBH of all the Greek airports I found it one of the least bad, as the terminal is large enough to avoid the borderline-scary crush I had at Santorini. I know there is no lounge but the food and beverage options I found OK, and the tarmac views with the mountains beyond quite captivating.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Not sure about OLCI, but I flew out of KGS a few weeks back on U2. From drop off to bar was about 10 minutes - all very efficient.

We sat in the first cafe / bar before passport control. However, there is another one after passport control which would have been quieter (if we'd known about it!)

No lounges at KGS.
Brilliant, thanks for the tip!
Old Aug 28, 2023, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
Oh dear, has CHQ really gone downhill? I have used it a lot but not in the last year. TBH of all the Greek airports I found it one of the least bad, as the terminal is large enough to avoid the borderline-scary crush I had at Santorini. I know there is no lounge but the food and beverage options I found OK, and the tarmac views with the mountains beyond quite captivating.
Sorry, I’m an idiot! It was the new PUJ upgrade that was awful! CHQ was fine!
choosethedrew likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.