Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2021 | 6:36 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
FLUB

Took the corporate wage slave advice outbound and he was right (as usual, as always)… the FLUB thing happened and we just held tight in our original CW seats, did nothing and it all worked out for us and we ended up moved at check in to first seats.

​​​​… so wanted to check what we should do on the flight home. The first cabin literally just appeared on ExpertFlyer as open about an hour ago. Our seats still in CW. Checked again a minute ago and we’re still on CW but all the first seats are now occupied…..

Are we screwed? Should I have done something? (I did try and look at the seat map on manage my booking but it was weird and didn’t even show me a seat map at all.). Should I call the GGL and see if they can grab me a seat? Should I be cool and wait and hope like CWS would probably say?

Last edited by Splotly; Aug 23, 2021 at 6:45 pm
Old Aug 23, 2021 | 6:41 pm
40 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Which route is this?
Old Aug 23, 2021 | 6:46 pm
10 Years on Site

Antigua back to Gatwick…
Old Aug 24, 2021 | 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Just tried picking seats on a 787 for a flight 2 days out and it let me pick row 1. They were blocked off last week. Will I be allowed to keep that or do they reassign at check-in?
Old Aug 24, 2021 | 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Splotly
Are we screwed? Should I have done something? (I did try and look at the seat map on manage my booking but it was weird and didn’t even show me a seat map at all.). Should I call the GGL and see if they can grab me a seat? Should I be cool and wait and hope like CWS would probably say?
Id say yes, you’re screwed! Don’t see what a call could do, can’t imagine they’d move another pax for you.
Old Aug 24, 2021 | 6:48 pm
40 Countries Visited1M40 Nights15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Splotly
Are we screwed?
The only way in which you're screwed is if you don't get Club full stop. You've paid for Club and Club you should get. If you happen to get FLUBBED then treat it as a bonus, not as an entitlement or anything you can influence. You can't. That said if you are still GGL then I'd genuinely be surprised if you weren't selected, provided that FLUB is in operation on your flight.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Aug 24, 2021 at 6:54 pm
Old Aug 24, 2021 | 7:19 pm
10 Years on Site

Yep am still GGL (and wife is Gold) but we didn’t get selected. Would have been nice to have a decent bed for the night but to be fair we only paid for club in the first place. Still seems a bit rubbish tho to be GGL and not end up selected.
Old Aug 24, 2021 | 9:35 pm
40 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Not every GGL gets upgraded on every flight, be it FLUB or AUP. Just a bonus when it happens... really no point getting stressed about "what it could possibly have been"!
KARFA likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2021 | 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Just tried picking seats on a 787 for a flight 2 days out and it let me pick row 1. They were blocked off last week. Will I be allowed to keep that or do they reassign at check-in?
Anyone?
Old Aug 25, 2021 | 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited50 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
They will be reassigned if any CW seats are available.
Old Aug 25, 2021 | 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Can I help you
They will be reassigned if any CW seats are available.
Club is 40% full. So you suggest its better to pick a good club seat then risk being reassigned a bad seat later? Just out of interest why do they open F seats two days out on a flight which is half empty?
Old Aug 25, 2021 | 3:05 am
20 Countries Visited100k

Programs: BAEC Silver | HH Silver
Club is 40% full. So you suggest its better to pick a good club seat then risk being reassigned a bad seat later? Why do they open F seats on a flight which is half empty?
Remember, not everyone has the ability to assign seats before checkin, so while it may only show as 40% at the moment, it's not a representation of the total bookings for the flight in that cabin.
Old Aug 25, 2021 | 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by SonicStar817
Remember, not everyone has the ability to assign seats before checkin, so while it may only show as 40% at the moment, it's not a representation of the total bookings for the flight in that cabin.
Flight looks wide open
J9 C9 D9 R9 I9 W9 E9 T9 Y9 B9 H9 K9M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O9 G9
Old Aug 25, 2021 | 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited50 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Club is 40% full. So you suggest its better to pick a good club seat then risk being reassigned a bad seat later? Just out of interest why do they open F seats two days out on a flight which is half empty?
From what I understand BAs systems do not talk to each other, there’s a surprise!
The seat maps are automatically released two days out but when the flight becomes under the control of the airport the cabin should be blocked unless they are absolutely sure that it will be needed. No extra crew are rostered to deal with the complexities of the opened First cabin and if full they just have to get on with it, there is a industrial agreement that says that the cabin cannot be used until 100% of the CW seats are occupied and remain occupied.
Old Aug 25, 2021 | 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Can I help you
From what I understand BAs systems do not talk to each other, there’s a surprise!
The seat maps are automatically released two days out but when the flight becomes under the control of the airport the cabin should be blocked unless they are absolutely sure that it will be needed. No extra crew are rostered to deal with the complexities of the opened First cabin and if full they just have to get on with it, there is a industrial agreement that says that the cabin cannot be used until 100% of the CW seats are occupied and remain occupied.
Makes sense. I will pick another seat in Club in that case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.