Search

Ticket number - where is it?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2017 | 4:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
Ticket number - where is it?

Morning all.

I have flights booked to Miami at the end of Feb, returning from Antigua. The Miami leg was an amendment to the booking, we were originally due to fly to Tobago. It's an Amex 241 if that makes any difference.

Anyway, there are no ticket numbers showing in the App, and I can't for the life of me find them on the main website when I go to 'manage my booking'.

I've called BA, and the agent I spoke to has given me two ticket numbers, but I would like to see them attached to my booking with my own eyes.

Can anyone suggest where I can find them? I can't get an e-ticket receipt from the BA website, the 'print my itinerary' page doesn't show them, so I'm a bit stuck - especially with the changes to check my trip and my flights.

I have a separate booking for the flights from Miami-Antigua and that ticket number shows up on the app, so this is causing me to further doubt the existence of the other numbers!

I will call them back, but just wanted to check I haven't missed something first.
Old Dec 28, 2017 | 4:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited50 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It sounds like the ticket hasn't been reissued if you can't see it on the App. I depends on the precise amendment made as to whether that is the case, if it is a different routing then it needs reissuing, if it is a change in date (for example) it would need revalidating. It may well be in a queue for processing and if the flight isn't until February you only need to focus on it 2 days before travel. There is no point calling until that stage. The ticket number should be on the emails you get from BA, the original e-ticket will be in an email with the subject title beginning "Your e-ticket receipt" and after the amendment the email that (eventually) follows will start with the subject title "BA changed e-ticket receipt". In the mean time you can check the e-ticket status here:

https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plnext/XCMTXXNS/StartOver.action;?LANGUAGE=GB&SITE=XCMTXXNS
Old Dec 28, 2017 | 5:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It sounds like the ticket hasn't been reissued if you can't see it on the App. I depends on the precise amendment made as to whether that is the case, if it is a different routing then it needs reissuing, if it is a change in date (for example) it would need revalidating. It may well be in a queue for processing and if the flight isn't until February you only need to focus on it 2 days before travel. There is no point calling until that stage. The ticket number should be on the emails you get from BA, the original e-ticket will be in an email with the subject title beginning "Your e-ticket receipt" and after the amendment the email that (eventually) follows will start with the subject title "BA changed e-ticket receipt". In the mean time you can check the e-ticket status here:

https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...&SITE=XCMTXXNS
Thank you - got the itinerary up and there aren't any ticket numbers. I've had this before so not overly worried, but just got thrown by not even being able to find where the number should be on MMB!

I have noticed that the email address listed on check my trip is incorrect - do you know where this is sourced from? It's almost correct, so definitely a wrong spelling of mine rather than a completely random one, but it's a bit weird as I thought this was just lifted from the BA website (and it wouldn't have been wrong there as it's linked to my Executive Club account).
Old Dec 28, 2017 | 5:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by saint_em
Thank you - got the itinerary up and there aren't any ticket numbers. I've had this before so not overly worried, but just got thrown by not even being able to find where the number should be on MMB!

I have noticed that the email address listed on check my trip is incorrect - do you know where this is sourced from? It's almost correct, so definitely a wrong spelling of mine rather than a completely random one, but it's a bit weird as I thought this was just lifted from the BA website (and it wouldn't have been wrong there as it's linked to my Executive Club account).
The ticket number is not visible - and never has been visible - on BA's MMB, but it is visible on Finnair's My Booking area (and a few other airlines sites, they are scraping information off Amadeus).

The email address being wrong: if it is correct on BA.com it may just be an interface error (so not real). When you make a booking you are asked to give an email address with generally a default from BA.com. Sometimes the two don't match because you or the agent mis-typed somewhere down the line, but there are two fields on two databases here: BAEC and the Amadeus PNR. If you go to the Finnair site you may be able to correct it, but if not you can either live with it as it is, but check MMB every couple of weeks, or ring up BA to see if they will change it.
Old Dec 28, 2017 | 5:35 am
Original Poster

Awesome, thank you - I have logged in via Finnair and changed the email address. There are ticket numbers visible on that site that match the ones the BA agent provided too.

​​​​​​
Old Dec 28, 2017 | 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
There are ticket numbers visible on that site that match the ones the BA agent provided too.​​​​​
You might want to check the content of each ticket by using this Amadeus interface: Amadeus Itinerary Receipt (ITR)
saint_em and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Dec 28, 2017 | 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
You might want to check the content of each ticket by using this Amadeus interface: Amadeus Itinerary Receipt (ITR)
Good point, and for those FTers whose Guoyu is a little rusty, there is a blue button on the top left above the ticket data box, with the letters "PDF" visible - that shows it a bit more clearly on most devices.
Old Dec 28, 2017 | 6:18 am
Original Poster

That's really helpful as it shows that the ticket numbers are actually for the original itinerary (LGW-TAB, ANU-LGW) so the change has NOT been ticketed, which is what I suspected.

​​​​​​I'll leave it until closer to the time and then chase them if ticket numbers don't appear on the app, or change on any of these sites.

Thanks everyone!
Old Feb 20, 2018 | 2:09 am
Original Poster

Thought I'd come back with an update on this. We're due to fly on Saturday, and still no ticket numbers. My husband phoned BA yesterday, and was initially told "the booking looks ok, I can see the ticket number." He queried it, saying it wasn't showing in the app, so the agent double-checked...

Lo and behold it hadn't been ticketed, because payment hadn't been taken when we made the change (I distinctly remember giving my payment details because my husband made the initial call but had to hand the phone to me because my cc was associated with the booking).

We've now made payment and the booking is off to be ticketed, but this has been sitting with BA for months, and even when I called in December they didn't mention the lack of payment & wouldn't have done this time if my husband hadn't pushed the issue (though I should have noticed that the payment hadn't been taken).
Old Feb 20, 2018 | 2:21 am

Thought I'd come back with an update on this. We're due to fly on Saturday, and still no ticket numbers. My husband phoned BA yesterday, and was initially told "the booking looks ok, I can see the ticket number." He queried it, saying it wasn't showing in the app, so the agent double-checked...
Well you did the right thing here, leave it to the point where even BA would need to take action, and you saved everyone a slightly panicky time at the time of departure. So yes, always check ticketing if amending an existing booking, there are just too many things that can go wrong at this stage. Disappointing this wasn't picked up sooner but I'm almost certain that OLCI would have fallen over.
Old Feb 20, 2018 | 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold
We see far less of the not ticketed threads these days - I assume some improvements have been made? I UuA a J to F last week, and already corrected and re-ticketed. Flight is in Dec !
Old Feb 20, 2018 | 4:31 am

Yes, I have also noticed that these questions tend to come in waves. We know the ticketing team works in priority order of date of travel, and on any given day it's those flying today have to be dealt with first. And while "travelling today" never ever goes away, it just gets a lot worse if there are irrops when without notice thousands of complicated tickets need to be processed. Those travelling in the future are then processed in date order and it's not unusual for the team to be stuck on 5 days from departure for a while. I did read that BA had made some minor changes for Sterling and Euro transactions which may have helped here (more onshore staff basically). But I suspect this is only as good as the distance between avalanches.
Old Feb 20, 2018 | 4:41 am
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

I'm afraid it is not all rosy in ticketing land. A friend of mine booked an ex-US BA WT+ ticket UUA into CW 23 days ago and has still not been ticketed. Needless to say, the usual lies of trying to contact (by email and call) the booker to verify their card security code have been given 5 times to my friend. Good to see that BA is an honest and reliable business.

Why do BA phone agents need to lie like this?
Old Feb 20, 2018 | 1:50 pm
Original Poster

My husband had to call BA back today to get our passport info updated (for some reason we couldn't do it online), and the agent there reckoned they were working 3 days behind - stuff he had sent to be ticketed on Friday had been done today.

However, that all assumes the booking gets sent to be ticketed in the first place!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.