Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Introducing aeroLOPA: a new portfolio of detailed BA cabin layout plans

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing aeroLOPA: a new portfolio of detailed BA cabin layout plans

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2021 | 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited50 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
That’s exactly correct.
Old May 26, 2021 | 5:32 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
Like this?

Typically, toilets reserved for flight crew are not indicated in the plans, just greyed out like the operational accommodation (galleys, storage, staircases to bunks, lifts etc)
A wonderful resource - thank you.

The ability to view it in landscape mode would be much appreciated. On a desktop with three 32"+ monitors it's a real pain to have to be scrolling up and down.

But a big thanks nevertheless.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old May 26, 2021 | 6:17 am
Original Poster
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
40 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Full Score
A wonderful resource - thank you.

The ability to view it in landscape mode would be much appreciated. On a desktop with three 32"+ monitors it's a real pain to have to be scrolling up and down.

But a big thanks nevertheless.
I think this might be possible and I certainly prefer reading the plans in landscape format. This challenge is optimising navigation and content in a way that works equally well for desktop and phones. I will explore this further and test out a selection of landscape plans, using a different template this evening.

This is what I'm thinking...

FlightDetective and wilsnunn like this.
Old May 26, 2021 | 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited50 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
On the 77G the mid galley is parallel to the doors at door 2, there is no crossover walkway.
Move what you have as the middle galley back closing the gap and making this wardrobes.
SxMan likes this.
Old May 26, 2021 | 12:01 pm
10 Countries Visited50 Countries Visited1M10 Years on Site

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I think this might be possible and I certainly prefer reading the plans in landscape format. This challenge is optimising navigation and content in a way that works equally well for desktop and phones. I will explore this further and test out a selection of landscape plans, using a different template this evening.

This is what I'm thinking...

I'd prefer horizontal images too... they're easier and more natural to look at... scrolling left/right is ok
Old May 26, 2021 | 2:57 pm
Original Poster
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Testing of landscape plans with horizontal scrolling is underway. The test page is https://www.aerolopa.com/boeing-777-300er-type-77g.

Note the other pages will not display properly while this test is running.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old May 26, 2021 | 3:56 pm
LPQ
10 Years on Site

Viewed on a Samsung tablet. With the text now on the right for 77G it encourages you to swipe. I like the nudge effect. 77G and 77H both seem fine from the main set and to 77G on the test link. The tablet screen is giving a slightly less sharp image to that on my laptop but that may be my hardware.

Last edited by LPQ; May 26, 2021 at 4:05 pm
Old May 26, 2021 | 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LPQ
Viewed on a Samsung tablet. With the text now on the right it encourages you to swipe. 77G and 77H both seem fine from the main set and to 77G on the test link. The tablet screen is giving a slightly less sharp image to that on my laptop but that may be my hardware.
Thanks, I’m experiencing similar behaviour. This template image compressing is more pronounced. I’ll boost the 77H image to 144 dpi to see if that improves definition

https://www.aerolopa.com/ba-type-77h
Old May 26, 2021 | 4:13 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Bit of a nerdy request from me but knowing the reg of the BA layouts would be really comprehensive. I realise that doing it for the American fleet would be overwhelming.
BlueThroughCrimp and wilsnunn like this.
Old May 26, 2021 | 5:38 pm
10 Countries Visited50 Countries Visited1M10 Years on Site

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Thanks, Im experiencing similar behaviour. This template image compressing is more pronounced. Ill boost the 77H image to 144 dpi to see if that improves definition

https://www.aerolopa.com/ba-type-77h
I find images slightly too big on both my desktop and my mobile. Would prefer legend below the image, not on the right hand side
Prospero likes this.
Old May 26, 2021 | 11:17 pm
30 Countries Visited500k10 Years on Site

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
77s and 77t have 24 seats in club not 32. And it should be noted that 4K is often out of use on flights >9 hours (I think) as flight crew rest.
Prospero likes this.
Old May 27, 2021 | 2:47 am
20 Countries Visited100k

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by firstlight
77s and 77t have 24 seats in club not 32.
Where are you getting that from? I see 32 seats.
Can I help you likes this.
Old May 27, 2021 | 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Fantastic resource Prospero, thanks for your work on this.

The mid haul A321s were all converted to the short haul config
Three were converted to shorthaul configuration, but four remain in midhaul configuration. These four are understood to be permanently withdrawn from service, however. As all of the A321ceo fleet are currently stored, it's difficult to say how many (if any) will return.
Old May 27, 2021 | 4:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SonicStar817
The blurb was updated earlier today.
Old May 27, 2021 | 4:28 am
30 Countries Visited500k10 Years on Site

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by SonicStar817
apologies, brain not in gear not sure why I said 24 and not 32. it looked like a discrepancy in the legend page with 48 CW seats but that's now right anyway.
SonicStar817 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.