Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 20:00 each day.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is usually belt 13.
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2024, 7:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by destone
I left BA Gold for EI so that I can fly JFK-MAN nonstop and avoid the hell that is LHR/MAN connections. Best decision ever.
This and the recent FB status drove my new strategy of sacrificing BA Gold and splitting my flying between the two Alliances, aiming to keep BA silver and FB Gold (which in itself is seemingly easier to retain).

I matched to Gold on FB then got upped to Platinum some how, so seem to be 70/30 now in favour of FB. I don't know why I feel tied to BA and Silver, it's weird I still want to like them and want to fly with them but the MAN/LHR experiences are more and more shouting use the Avios and upgrade vouchers and get out.
destone and Bluekjp like this.
Old May 1, 2024, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by tuonopepper
The ideal could be BA fliying out of Liverpool :-)
I would LOVE to see this.
tuonopepper, Bluekjp and Boothen like this.
Old May 1, 2024, 9:55 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by tuonopepper
I'll admit i have not done done early morning, as getting to the airport is just too much hassle with the traffic. I did catch an AF flight around 1340 i think a few weeks back and again, fairly quiet - might have been lucky.
I've got the early morning QR flight a few times, and there hasn't been any queue at security. The 1903 lounge was very quiet.
tuonopepper likes this.
Old May 1, 2024, 10:49 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Just been kicked out of the nice lounge which was quite genteel but they close at 18.00

Now in the normal Escape lounge. Its bundled with a BA business class ticket but it is so not any kind of business experience - its like a pub with free beer, a hen do, a stag do and shouting competition all happening at once.

How BA can sell this as part of their premium experience is beyond me.
Old May 1, 2024, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
What refurbishment has been undertaken in the Escape Lounge, any noticeable improvements?
Old May 1, 2024, 11:28 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Which one? The nice one or the other one?

I saw one new chair in the other one. The nice one was just nicer anyway. I dont know which one was closed!!
Old May 1, 2024, 11:36 am

This made me laugh out loud. Maybe a complaint to Advertising Standards is in order.
ademanuele, flarmip and Bluekjp like this.
Old May 1, 2024, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Which one? The nice one or the other one?

I saw one new chair in the other one. The nice one was just nicer anyway. I dont know which one was closed!!
The one BA passengers normally go to, furthest from the lift.
Old May 1, 2024, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by ademanuele
The one BA passengers normally go to, furthest from the lift.
Sorry! Have to say I wasnt specifically looking but I honestly didnt notice any difference in the original Escape lounge at all! (Turn right out of the lift and down the corridor?)
Old May 1, 2024, 1:59 pm

Sorry! Have to say I wasn’t specifically looking but I honestly didn’t notice any difference in the original Escape lounge at all! (Turn right out of the lift and down the corridor?)
That’s the lounge. It was closed for a refurb
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old May 2, 2024, 6:27 am

Just been kicked out of the “nice” lounge which was quite genteel but they close at 18.00

Now in the normal Escape lounge. It’s bundled with a BA business class ticket but it is so not any kind of business experience - it’s like a pub with free beer, a hen do, a stag do and shouting competition all happening at once.

How BA can sell this as part of their premium experience is beyond me.
What do you mean, sparkling wine on draught and Manc/Scouse lads complaining loudly about their full-size deodorants being confiscated isn't premium?

Love the LPL idea! A bit further for me but a much better experience.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old May 2, 2024, 6:43 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Miles & Smiles, Skyteam, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honours
Sorry! Have to say I wasnt specifically looking but I honestly didnt notice any difference in the original Escape lounge at all! (Turn right out of the lift and down the corridor?)
I thought it's now more yellow. Oh and some of the seating was new! Disappointingly the food is literally the same food they have served every day for the past 4 months. Bring back the temporary lounge!
Old May 2, 2024, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by marble35
I thought it's now more yellow. Oh and some of the seating was new! Disappointingly the food is literally the same food they have served every day for the past 4 months. Bring back the temporary lounge!
Ha ha yes I missed the temporary lounge altogether as I wasn't travelling to MAN during those weeks. But, like you, I saw a new chair. That was it!
ademanuele and marble35 like this.
Old May 2, 2024, 8:32 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by marble35
They should go back to the wide and varied choice of food they had in the old BA lounge.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old May 2, 2024, 8:34 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Miles & Smiles, Skyteam, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honours
Ha ha yes I missed the temporary lounge altogether as I wasn't travelling to MAN during those weeks. But, like you, I saw a new chair. That was it!
Even the water station was still broken. That stopped working, what, 4 weeks ago now? Same time next week?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.