Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 20:00 each day.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is usually belt 13.
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2024, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Just popped through T3 and got sent to the security lanes right at the back past fast track (Ryanair today and wasn't worth paying Ł5 for fast track when it wasnt that busy).

One side had a 28% rejection rate, the other only 10%, so I tried to give the 10% stats a nudge upwards by leaving my belt on and all my cables in my bag (well, the woman said they'd be fine).
Naturally, my belt triggered the arch, and my bag got pulled for secondary, although just needed to be x-rayed again.

Quite a few bags getting pulled in the secondary lane, and someone else left some straps hanging out of one tray that got caught in the belts and jammed the system up.

Old Jun 22, 2024, 2:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Haven't flown out of MAN for a year or two and have no intention of doing so ever again (well, unless I find a fare that is truly irresistible).

However, I'm happy to fly into MAN anytime, just seems so easy in comparison to departures. Last month I flew from IST in TK J arriving around noon, and was out into the real world within 5-10 minutes.
BA or bust, Modo and Bluekjp like this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 3:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Grace B
Haven't flown out of MAN for a year or two and have no intention of doing so ever again (well, unless I find a fare that is truly irresistible).

However, I'm happy to fly into MAN anytime, just seems so easy in comparison to departures. Last month I flew from IST in TK J arriving around noon, and was out into the real world within 5-10 minutes.
MAN is fine. It has improved greatly over the last year. Even the lounge situation has improved (from a crowding perspective). Fast Track is mostly efficient and barking doesn’t normally happen unless the security officer is challenged.

Try it again, you might be pleasantly surprised.
Grace B, ademanuele, KARFA and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 3:19 am

Programs: BA silver
Whisper it quietly but is T3 MAN becoming a little less 💩?

It’s still a design mess of course with corridors masquerading as gates, the general grime and god help people trying to work in a hen party lounge but the last twice through my bag was delivered promptly on my way home and I wasn’t shouted at in security on the way out.

It’s hardly Changi but there’s just a chance they lose their “worst airport in UK” crown the management have tried so hard to achieve all these years.
ademanuele and flarmip like this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 3:21 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I had a better security experience at MAN yesterday than I did at LHR T5 (not TFW).
wrp96 and DeathSlam like this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 4:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ManInExitRow
Whisper it quietly but is T3 MAN becoming a little less 💩?

It’s still a design mess of course with corridors masquerading as gates, the general grime and god help people trying to work in a hen party lounge but the last twice through my bag was delivered promptly on my way home and I wasn’t shouted at in security on the way out.

It’s hardly Changi but there’s just a chance they lose their “worst airport in UK” crown the management have tried so hard to achieve all these years.
Fully agree, better than it was but still grim.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by ManInExitRow
the last twice through my bag was delivered promptly on my way home
That's something I've definitely noticed. Last arrival onto 143, by the time we'd got off (from row 1) to passing through the air locks and arriving at belt 13, it started chirping just as we got there with bags arriving a couple of minutes later. I don't think I've ever had baggage delivery so quickly at Manchester before.
Old Jun 23, 2024, 1:08 am

Someone forgot to pay the bill!

"Manchester Airport flights disrupted after power cut"
"The airport said a number of flights had already been cancelled - and more were expected to be affected throughout the day."

EDIT. Looks like T3 not affected

wrp96 likes this.

Last edited by ademanuele; Jun 23, 2024 at 1:15 am
Old Jun 23, 2024, 1:26 am

Programs: M&S Elite+, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by ademanuele
Someone forgot to pay the bill!

"Manchester Airport flights disrupted after power cut"
"The airport said a number of flights had already been cancelled - and more were expected to be affected throughout the day."

EDIT. Looks like T3 not affected
Money saved on a backup power system. Unwise given the state of the UK's power network...
SxMan likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2024, 2:13 am

1st time in Manchester yesterday for a day trip. My return flight to LHR was at 18:36
A very warm welcome at the lounge but i was informed that they would stop taking drink orders at 17:45 and lounge is closing at 18:00
Security was ok and polite, no more than 4' at fast track. They asked for my powerbank to be out of my backpack
We had an hour delay although we boarded on time due to an injury of a member of the ground staff. Then at 19:00 our captain informed us that the ground staff had to go for a..... break and we were waiting for another 15-20' for replacement staff to do the pushback.
Airport is a narrow maze! i don't think it was ever designed to be an airport but a complex of offices - factory facilities. Fortunately the signage helps a lot.

Old Jun 23, 2024, 2:42 am

Programs: BA silver

The good old days are back at MAN.
flarmip likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2024, 3:32 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Good luck to any FT members travelling from MAN today. May the force be with you!
LapLap and wrp96 like this.
Old Jun 23, 2024, 4:02 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Thankfully not due to arrive back in MAN until Tuesday evening. It should be fixed by then… I hope…1
Old Jun 23, 2024, 4:36 am

Programs: M&S Elite+, BAEC Silver
Looks like fun (from the Telegraph):

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ter-power-cut/
Old Jun 23, 2024, 5:51 am

Programs: BAEC
I wonder what the odds are that Charlie Cornish or someone in his team decided that MAN didn’t need a back-up power system. I have some sympathy for the current leadership who are trying to overcome c. 20 years of managed decline…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.