Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traveling to and in France - Health Pass

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2021 | 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze; HHonors; ClubCarlson
Originally Posted by orbitmic
You will be asked for it every time you want to sit down to eat or drink, every time you go into a cultural venue, in major shopping centres in many parts of the country, when taking long distance public transport (e.g. domestic flights) and in many other venues.

It is compulsory by law, small or large venue makes no difference (except for shops) and in my experience, it is thoroughly respected (though I'm sure some people must ignore it, but they could get in huge trouble if they do).
That's why I'm avoiding France at the moment. It's too much hassle and takes away much of the pleasure of being away - as it was when I was in Germany recently. My next trip is Denmark which is free of such inconveniences!
Obruni Boy likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2021 | 9:21 am
Original Poster
50 Countries Visited3M20 Years on Site

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by vanmunchen
That's why I'm avoiding France at the moment. It's too much hassle and takes away much of the pleasure of being away - as it was when I was in Germany recently. My next trip is Denmark which is free of such inconveniences!

I found the whole situation in France to be ZERO inconvenience unlike Holland this week when both the UK QR are code or the Euro/French one didn't work.
Fritz, dnajockey, orbitmic and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 15, 2021 | 1:28 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by ABFox
Yes, I have been scanning the second dose ( the pdf version of course shows two QR codes, one for each dose) . But many thanks, it is good to know that I can get by with just the NHS app / print out.

The fact that Verifly is not accepting it is more troubling. I will try a fresh certifcate, and also see if it can be accepted by manual review.
Very interested to read your comments about TAC app.

I downloaded the TAC app in August and uploaded my vaccination certificate without any issues. In rural France especially everyone wanted to zap the app rather than see a paper certificate. I had no issues at all. However neither my daughter nor I could had success with VeriFLY.

Were off to LHR tomorrow. Checking all documents we opened the TAC app to find our certificates had expired. We both followed the same procedure as you. My daughter got the banner with the sparklers and streamers saying she had been successful.
However I have been unable to upload my certificate. I have deleted and reinstalled the app. I have been unable to import from my wallet, photo or scan the certificate successfully. I get the same error message as you - wrong format. I then asked NHS for a copy of my certificate to be emailed to me but have received nothing. My daughter did likewise and her certificate arrived by email almost immediately.

Fortunately Im only flying to Inverness tomorrow, so have about 10 days to try to sort. Id be interested to hear if/when and how you manage to sort it. I will update you if I have any luck.
Old Oct 15, 2021 | 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
15 Years on Site

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Every one to their own. I have exactly zero problem with having to show that I have been vaccinated before entering a restaurant in France or a theatre in the UK. In fact, I feel a lot safer that others around me have to be vaccinated too. I find it a lot stranger that I still need to get tested twice a week to go to the (UK) office even though I'm fully vaccinated and wear a mask.
Fritz, dnajockey, Kgmm77 and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 16, 2021 | 3:14 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Charentedame
Very interested to read your comments about TAC app.

I downloaded the TAC app in August and uploaded my vaccination certificate without any issues. In rural France especially everyone wanted to zap the app rather than see a paper certificate. I had no issues at all. However neither my daughter nor I could had success with VeriFLY.

Were off to LHR tomorrow. Checking all documents we opened the TAC app to find our certificates had expired. We both followed the same procedure as you. My daughter got the banner with the sparklers and streamers saying she had been successful.
However I have been unable to upload my certificate. I have deleted and reinstalled the app. I have been unable to import from my wallet, photo or scan the certificate successfully. I get the same error message as you - wrong format. I then asked NHS for a copy of my certificate to be emailed to me but have received nothing. My daughter did likewise and her certificate arrived by email almost immediately.

Fortunately Im only flying to Inverness tomorrow, so have about 10 days to try to sort. Id be interested to hear if/when and how you manage to sort it. I will update you if I have any luck.
I got nowhere trying to scan the QR code into Verifly, but the manual review route was quickly successful (and incidentally I see in the separate Verifly discussion that there were recent problems with downloading NHS certificates, which are now apparently resolved).

On the TAC front, I thought I would wait for another day or two before trying again to get it to accept the NHS QR code. If still no luck, I will just use the NHS app / printout in Paris - and from the comments here it sounds like this should work fine. I will let you know how I get on, and would be interested too to learn of your progress.
Markie likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2021 | 3:18 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by ABFox
I got nowhere trying to scan the QR code into Verifly, but the manual review route was quickly successful (and incidentally I see in the separate Verifly discussion that there were recent problems with downloading NHS certificates, which are now apparently resolved).

On the TAC front, I thought I would wait for another day or two before trying again to get it to accept the NHS QR code. If still no luck, I will just use the NHS app / printout in Paris - and from the comments here it sounds like this should work fine. I will let you know how I get on, and would be interested too to learn of your progress.
Will give VeriFLY another try at some point.

Delighted to report I have finally succeeded with the TAC app!

I deleted both the NHS and TAC apps again and all saved QR codes.
When I tried to upload my second certificate from NHS app to TAC, the date of my second dose bizarrely changed to that of my first! So gave up with the app. Changed to my IPad and logged into NHS website. Clicked on get Covid pass. Clicked international travel. Clicked show details on the green banner that says Covid records found. Both QR codes were displayed. I then opened TAC on phone. Using phone I scanned second dose QR code into TAC app and succeeded. There might have been a quicker route but Ive succeeded and not going to mess around! I think the issue lies with NHS records. On website I am unable to click tab for certificate to be emailed and for some unknown reason my records show a different Administrating centre from my original travel certificate and to where I was vaccinated!

Im sure you wont have issues in Paris with print outs. I hope you have some time to enjoy the city. I used to live there and still miss Parisian life.
ABFox likes this.

Last edited by Charentedame; Oct 17, 2021 at 3:48 pm
Old Oct 17, 2021 | 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold
I found the process painless. As long as youve got a smart phone with charge its easy enough.
Old Oct 18, 2021 | 5:54 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC blue dust
I can't say that I view taking a few seconds to show the QR code such a great inconvenience. I spent the best part of a month in France and was perfectly happy to eat in restaurants every day. I've been back for a few weeks and I have been absolutely nowhere given the combination of the infection rate and the lack of mitigating measures in this country. On the upside, I'll have more money to spend on my next trip abroad...

I had no problems transferring my NHS QR code to the TAC app. It worked fine everywhere except once, where they then scanned with a different phone and that worked ok. So all pretty painless as far as I'm concerned.
Kgmm77 and orbitmic like this.

Last edited by Irreverent Medusa; Oct 18, 2021 at 6:10 am
Old Oct 27, 2021 | 2:14 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Charentedame
Will give VeriFLY another try at some point.

Delighted to report I have finally succeeded with the TAC app!

I deleted both the NHS and TAC apps again and all saved QR codes.
When I tried to upload my second certificate from NHS app to TAC, the date of my second dose bizarrely changed to that of my first! So gave up with the app. Changed to my IPad and logged into NHS website. Clicked on get Covid pass. Clicked international travel. Clicked show details on the green banner that says Covid records found. Both QR codes were displayed. I then opened TAC on phone. Using phone I scanned second dose QR code into TAC app and succeeded. There might have been a quicker route but Ive succeeded and not going to mess around! I think the issue lies with NHS records. On website I am unable to click tab for certificate to be emailed and for some unknown reason my records show a different Administrating centre from my original travel certificate and to where I was vaccinated!

Im sure you wont have issues in Paris with print outs. I hope you have some time to enjoy the city. I used to live there and still miss Parisian life.
Many thanks, yes I had a great time in Paris, it was wonderful to be back there, if only briefly. I think you are right about occasional issues with the NHS system. I waited a few days and tried again with fresh NHS QR codes, and this time I was successful with both TAC and Verifly. The TAC app then worked very well in Paris; however my experience with Verifly was more mixed, and I have just written more about this in the separate Verifly discussion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.