Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

T5 Counter check-in required with Verifly and app boarding pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2021, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, AS, BA Silver/OW Sapphire, DL, SQ/*A Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold

A quick question:

A TATL flight coming this weekend, if Verifly is done and checking-in with app boarding pass, is there any need to visit the T5 BA counters or can I just go straight to security/lounge/gate? Is there any passport check needed prior? Could I just go to security and then deal with it at the lounge?
Old Dec 29, 2021, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
If the flight is to the US then usually you need to do a visa check either with a normal checkin agent or a specific desk. Certain other countries need this visa check too. If you do online checkin you should get a warning and sometimes you can check in but can’t download a mobile boarding pass. So I would prepare to need to visit a desk.
leaving the UK there is no border control as such. If you ignore these and manage to get a mobile boarding pass you might be stopped at the gate and if you leave everything last minute and some issue comes up you might miss a flight.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 6:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This seems to be Terminal 5, so they won't get past the Ready to Fly scan. But in essence the same rules apply as before the pandemic for trips to the USA. Canada is different, and the checks also vary if you are a US or Canadian passport holder. But the easiest thing is to get the passport checked before RtF before security, either at the visa desk nearby or any staff member with an iPad or trolley. VeriFLY doesn't always generate a full boarding pass, particularly if there any complexities on the ticketing. At the departure gate it's usually just a quick eye check on the passport. Different procedures at LGW and T3.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 7:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Yesterday with VeriFLY completed I managed to download my boarding pass to the US. Unfortunately Mrs Harry could not as she was specially selected for an additional security check. Paper card for her from the agent with the SSSS printed in large friendly letters on the bottom.
becks1 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 9:17 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
Had same issue at LAX. Must visit counter they said.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Doors Closing
A quick question:

A TATL flight coming this weekend, if Verifly is done and checking-in with app boarding pass, is there any need to visit the T5 BA counters or can I just go straight to security/lounge/gate? Is there any passport check needed prior? Could I just go to security and then deal with it at the lounge?
Travel to North America requires a swipe of your passport.

If you’re travelling hand baggage only and have checked in online and have a boarding pass, simply go to one of the touchpoint kiosks in T5, and literally just scan your passport. It will find your booking from the passport number and it will be the passport swipe needed for travel to the USA.

It will also spit out a paper boarding pass but you don’t need to use it.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, AS, BA Silver/OW Sapphire, DL, SQ/*A Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by xxxxx
Travel to North America requires a swipe of your passport.

If you’re travelling hand baggage only and have checked in online and have a boarding pass, simply go to one of the touchpoint kiosks in T5, and literally just scan your passport. It will find your booking from the passport number and it will be the passport swipe needed for travel to the USA.

It will also spit out a paper boarding pass but you don’t need to use it.
Are these touchpoint kiosks at T5 actually sync the passport number with Verifly?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 12:06 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Doors Closing
Are these touchpoint kiosks at T5 actually sync the passport number with Verifly?
If you get ADOC status from VeriFLY then you should get boarding passes at T-24 or perhaps a few hours later. However the passport release for USA travel is separate from the COVID restrictions and not connected with VeriFLY, so the passport kiosk scan releases the booking for Ready to Fly so long as it all links into your MMB details and you are on an ESTA (etc). So the short answer is no, they are two separate processes, one new, the other old. If you are on a visa such as B1 B2 then I don't think the kiosk works on its own.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
I flew FCO-LHR-ORD two days ago. I got the Verifly green ticks on both legs, but when I OLCIed I could only get a mobile pass for the first leg. The check-in agent at FCO asked to see the Verifly passes for both segments and then printed boarding passes for both, however the LHR-ORD BP had both SSSS and ADOC on it. At the boarding gate for the LHR-ORD flight, after the agent confirmed that I was authorized to enter the US, an American lady and I were taken to a makeshift area just before the walkway to the plane where staff screened my electronic devices for explosives.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.