Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2024 | 3:11 am
10 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
BA newby, sorry for the stupid questions.

I just received a mail that my Avios are about to expire. Since I have no immediate opportunity to use them, I would like to extend them. I read that Avios can be extended by collecting more. So I was thinking about car hire, but I can only find Avis/Budget as the only companies to earn Avios with. I switched to hertz 2 years ago, since I was totally dissatisfied with Avis.

With Qatar there is the possibility to earn Avios. Does a transfer from Qatar's FF program to Executice Club also extends the validity of my Avios? Are there any (dis)advantages to connecting BA and Qatar accounts? Up till now I credited everything on my BA account.

Another thing I noted logging in to my account:Membership year ends: 08 Oct 2024
Card expiry date: 30 Nov 2024

What is the difference between these dates?

Old Sep 8, 2024 | 4:01 am
30 Countries Visited500k

Programs: BAEC Gold/ GGL / Avis Preferred/ Hilton Honours Diamond
Originally Posted by westi2002
BA newby, sorry for the stupid questions.

I just received a mail that my Avios are about to expire. Since I have no immediate opportunity to use them, I would like to extend them. I read that Avios can be extended by collecting more. So I was thinking about car hire, but I can only find Avis/Budget as the only companies to earn Avios with. I switched to hertz 2 years ago, since I was totally dissatisfied with Avis.

With Qatar there is the possibility to earn Avios. Does a transfer from Qatar's FF program to Executice Club also extends the validity of my Avios? Are there any (dis)advantages to connecting BA and Qatar accounts? Up till now I credited everything on my BA account.

Another thing I noted logging in to my account:Membership year ends: 08 Oct 2024

To answer one of your questions, an easy way to top up your avios is to purchase some. As they credit to your account straightway. I will leave the rest of the questions for others to ponder. https://pgt.shopping.ba.com/purchase...tityError=true
westi2002 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2024 | 10:38 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by westi2002

You collect points from 09 Oct in one year through 08 Oct in the following year. The status that you earn in that time is valid from whenever you earn it until 30 Nov of the year following the end of the collection year. Thus earned between 09 Oct 2923 and 09 Oct 2024 would be valid until 30 Nov 2025. This is in the course of changing to everyone having a collection year from 1 April through 31 March and a card valid through 30 April so this year is complicated!
westi2002 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2024 | 6:48 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited

Programs: BAEC Gold
My account turned a nice, shiny gold earlier today as my final TPs trickled in.

A big thank you to everyone who has answered my various questions, put up with me not getting most fare rules or how ORCs work, and has provided hints and tips along the way.
PETER01, KARFA, LCSinTexas and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 9, 2024 | 7:31 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: DL DM/MM, BA Gold
Question Carry Over TPs

Delete

Last edited by UVAhoo06; Oct 9, 2024 at 7:35 am Reason: Duplicate
Old Oct 9, 2024 | 7:38 am
20 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: BA, Hilton
The only TPs that will "carry forward" are those earned between the dates of Apr 1st 2024 and whenever your "old" TP year ended (could in theory be anywhere from Apr 8th 2024 to March 8th 2025, though the fact that your TP year is now showing as ending on March 31st would suggest your old year is now over, i.e. it ended on Oct 8th 2024 or before that).

These TPs are carried forward into your new "short collection year" that ends on March 31st 2025, which is now running.

No TPs will carry forward into your new TP collection year starting Apr 1st 2025.

Unfortunately, you will find agents who will sometimes give out duff information - in my experience they are simply not that well clued up on the mechanics of the Executive Club itself. You'll get better advice here frankly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.