Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise à jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2024, 9:28 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
A few photos from this morning’s visit.

We showed up after the morning LHR / west coast departures so it was a ghost town and kind of a dead zone with respect to service. Everyone was friendly, but there were two staff for the lounge snd I believe that their break times were aligned.

I posted in the champagne thread, but the premium bottles show up from the warehouse mid-day and can only be picked up by a manager. Not very premium in my options, but I guess it is centered around the TATL and SA flights.

Omelette. It originally came out with mushrooms (not part of the order) so it was thankfully re-made.

American breakfast.

Menu (apologies for the shadows; hospital lighting is never great ).

Old Jul 20, 2024, 4:05 pm

Hi, I am flying Flagship First from LAX - JFK (arriving in the morning) without connecting flight. Would I be able to access the Chelsea Lounge on arrival? Anyone can share similar experience on arrival without connecting flight?
Old Jul 20, 2024, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Oliverrr
Hi, I am flying Flagship First from LAX - JFK (arriving in the morning) without connecting flight. Would I be able to access the Chelsea Lounge on arrival? Anyone can share similar experience on arrival without connecting flight?
Yes, no problem at all.
Old Jul 21, 2024, 3:25 am

Programs: BA GGL
I suspect the answer is 'no', but as a GGL travelling from JFK soon, I've got a BA-coded flight to Helsinki. Obviously it's not BA metal, it's Finnair, as BA doesn't serve that route. But does the BA code grant permission for access to Chelsea?
Old Jul 21, 2024, 5:01 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
I suspect the answer is 'no', but as a GGL travelling from JFK soon, I've got a BA-coded flight to Helsinki. Obviously it's not BA metal, it's Finnair, as BA doesn't serve that route. But does the BA code grant permission for access to Chelsea?
Your suspicions are correct. But there is always a chance you might slip through the net. A lot of desk staff seem to not be 100% up to speed with the rules. Although errors seem to usually be incorrectly denying entry rather than incorrectly allowing it. I did see on here a while back a GGL claiming he got into Chelsea on a purely domestic short haul job-Flagship AA itinerary. You can try, but it just depends on how much you’re up for risking the potential embarrassment at being sent to Soho.
pmcbeagle likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2024, 5:56 am

I have tried previously to use my BA coded AY boarding pass and have been refused and then firmly refused again when I pressed.

I had access anyway from my inbound flight but wanted to check whether they would allow me to enter on an AY flight.

You may get an agent who doesn’t have a clue but in general their default answer is “no” even when you clearly are allowed access.
Old Jul 21, 2024, 7:50 am

Programs: BA GGL
Okay, as I suspected. I'll still try with the understanding I'm likely to be sent to Soho (which is generally nicer to be in tbh).
I don't now believe Chelsea access on AY metal is permitted either way, irrelevant of the BA coding.
Ho hum.
Old Jul 21, 2024, 8:52 am

Programs: BA Exec - BA GGL/CCR, UA Premier Platinum
Okay, as I suspected. I'll still try with the understanding I'm likely to be sent to Soho (which is generally nicer to be in tbh).
I don't now believe Chelsea access on AY metal is permitted either way, irrelevant of the BA coding.
Ho hum.
Keep us posted, I'm in the exact same boat as you and was thinking the same, do I chance Chelsea or just go straight to Soho? For me I think I'll act dumb and say GGL + BA flight number because at the end of the day I don't mind being told to go to Soho...
Old Jul 21, 2024, 9:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ GGL / Avis Preferred/ Hilton Honours Diamond
Originally Posted by Oliverrr
I did SFO JFK last week same circumstances, and access was granted no problem, as a precaution I got a printed boarding pass at SFO from AA, just in case, even though I was just carrying on.

Last edited by m8_rotate; Jul 21, 2024 at 12:12 pm
Old Jul 21, 2024, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by AAL2887
Keep us posted, I'm in the exact same boat as you and was thinking the same, do I chance Chelsea or just go straight to Soho? For me I think I'll act dumb and say GGL + BA flight number because at the end of the day I don't mind being told to go to Soho...
I actually got told to go to Greenwich which I thought was a novel twist
Football Fan likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2024, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
I was travelling BA F LHR-JFK and then AA F JFK-SFO and I was told, at the First Checkin desk, that I should go to Greenwich rather than the Admirals Club!!

Of course, I had no issues getting in to Chelsea.
Old Jul 21, 2024, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I’ve been told the same many times. I don’t argue. I just say thanks and go to Chelsea without any issue. What I do try is to go to a BA agent at the lounge as they should be more onside with the BA access rules than an AA agent.
Old Jul 21, 2024, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
A few photos from this morning’s visit.

We showed up after the morning LHR / west coast departures so it was a ghost town and kind of a dead zone with respect to service. Everyone was friendly, but there were two staff for the lounge snd I believe that their break times were aligned.

I posted in the champagne thread, but the premium bottles show up from the warehouse mid-day and can only be picked up by a manager. Not very premium in my options, but I guess it is centered around the TATL and SA flights.

Omelette. It originally came out with mushrooms (not part of the order) so it was thankfully re-made.

American breakfast.

Menu (apologies for the shadows; hospital lighting is never great ).
Both dishes look absolutely disgusting, I’ve seen better grub in a ten buck Bronx diner. That lounge is utterly shambolic - by far the worst “First Class” lounge in the OW network and probably anywhere in the world outside Africa.
Old Jul 21, 2024, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by AAL2887
Just spoke to the current agents on the front of Chelsea and they said that even if the flight is ticketed by BA or AA, if it’s not on AA or BA metal then you’ll be redirected to Soho.
AAL2887 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2024, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL, *A Gold, Skyteam Elite+, Amex Plat
Accidental double crab cake this evening. Kitchen received my order twice so offered and happily devoured the duplicate.

Plenty of Krug today too.

seanp7 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.