Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Tier Point Runs | 2023 edition

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2023, 8:00 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Diamond, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Originally Posted by jamesjy
How did you find it because I feel like it was pure luck for me but I guess BA must have linked it somewhere?
Google flights, it stands out, along with 11-16 march at 245. Unfortunately Im already away both dates so cant use either.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
1000TPs for ca. 2,500 in March/April.

(LHR-)HEL-DOH-CMB-SIN and back. Any good?
Old Dec 23, 2023, 7:02 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by 81romeo

2.5 per TP. I had something planned yesterday and came to 2.4 per TP. I think since the pandemic etc its hard to get better value for high TP runs. Cheaper runs like the ones posted here are I think a thing of the past.

My run was for 800TP and 2500. So Id say its acceptable. But thats just my opinion
81romeo likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Diamond, Mucci des repas d'enfant

I think that is only 800 TP?

As a TP run alone that feels very expensive to me, Id like to be in the 2 a point and lower range.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 7:49 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL

Is there a sample routing from ITA on this ?
Old Dec 23, 2023, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Originally Posted by JapesUK
Google flights, it stands out, along with 11-16 march at 245. Unfortunately Im already away both dates so cant use either.
I used ITA Matrix's "See Calendar of Lowest Dates" to find it, though it was helpful to have month provided... Google Flights is better for more than a month of flight dates comparison. Though ITA Matrix can show lowest prices with specified connections and modifiers like -REDEYE unlike Google Flights. They really do compliment each other quite well.

Old Dec 23, 2023, 2:16 pm

Looking for any TP run mid-July ish to end of August

Hey all. Ill be downgraded to Bronze soon and looking to do a TP run between collection ends and card expires dates. Ideally Id hit gold (or close to) and then be worry free for at least 2 years.

Been looking at the BA sales but cant see anything worthwhile.

Literally anything from London (perhaps with the BA double TP for holidays as well) around mid July to end of August. Is it too early to book or unlikely due to summer months?
Old Dec 23, 2023, 3:00 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by mike4mail
Hey all. Ill be downgraded to Bronze soon and looking to do a TP run between collection ends and card expires dates. Ideally Id hit gold (or close to) and then be worry free for at least 2 years.

Literally anything from London (perhaps with the BA double TP for holidays as well) around mid July to end of August. Is it too early to book or unlikely due to summer months?
Welcome to FT and the BA forum.
As is usual on this thread: what have you found so far?

On your dates, mid-July to end of August is BA's busy time so it's going to be a struggle, but keep an eye out for sales.
timlewis808 and mike4mail like this.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 4:07 pm

You probably want to do an ex-EU trip maybe with a BA Holiday to get to the destination the ex-EU trip leaves from. Dublin and Sofia seem to give reasonable (though not great) value around then. Though you might want to search around European locations in July/August and see what you get.

Is there anywhere in Europe/US/Asia you particularly want to go? The best option is to build a tier point holiday around somewhere you want to go anyway...
mike4mail likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by timlewis808
You probably want to do an ex-EU trip maybe with a BA Holiday to get to the destination the ex-EU trip leaves from. Dublin and Sofia seem to give reasonable (though not great) value around then. Though you might want to search around European locations in July/August and see what you get.

Is there anywhere in Europe/US/Asia you particularly want to go? The best option is to build a tier point holiday around somewhere you want to go anyway...
I found a relatively decent pricing doing Helsinki - Doha - Abu Dhabi return and then nested in this Abu Dhabi - Jarkarta via Colombo, but the only way I was able to get the pricing is on two tickets. Helsinki-Abu Dhabi return 10-24 July for around 1280 and Abu Dhabi - Jakarta 11-22 July for about 820, so 960TP for 2100.

Questions: would you consider this good value? (Im totally down to spend 11 days in Indonesia/ go to Bali etc, and also some time in nice hotels in Middle East when its off peak there due to intense heat, so its actually a nice holiday as well)

- is booking 2 tickets on this route crazy on my part, even with the additional buffer time on return between Sri Lankan and Qatar, and long layovers?

Then I guess I can get to gold by doing a BA holiday in USA for 560TP or 2 trips in Europe - I also fly for work quite a bit but its economy European travel, that never really does anything, apart from helping with the eligible flights requirement.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 3:33 pm

I found a relatively decent pricing doing Helsinki - Doha - Abu Dhabi return and then nested in this Abu Dhabi - Jarkarta via Colombo, but the only way I was able to get the pricing is on two tickets. Helsinki-Abu Dhabi return 10-24 July for around 1280 and Abu Dhabi - Jakarta 11-22 July for about 820, so 960TP for 2100.

Questions: would you consider this good value? (Im totally down to spend 11 days in Indonesia/ go to Bali etc, and also some time in nice hotels in Middle East when its off peak there due to intense heat, so its actually a nice holiday as well)

- is booking 2 tickets on this route crazy on my part, even with the additional buffer time on return between Sri Lankan and Qatar, and long layovers?

Then I guess I can get to gold by doing a BA holiday in USA for 560TP or 2 trips in Europe - I also fly for work quite a bit but its economy European travel, that never really does anything, apart from helping with the eligible flights requirement.

Ive done multiple tickets a few times - just make sure the buffers are there - the important thing is to at least make the first flight each way so you are traveling on the ticket. Also obviously be pretty damn certain youll take the trip or have very generous travel insurance

it does seem a good value trip though! Especially if you want to go to Bali!
mike4mail likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
If you can travel outside the blackout dates, Sri Lankan has a 20% sale which would shave a little off the price you quote. The discount is only to the fare elememt of the ticket price, not the surcharges etc, so the price comes down by nearer to 10%. Not enough to pay for positioning to Helsinki, if that is required, but a help.

As for whether the nesting will work, or if it's a good idea.... separate tickets are generally the only way to position for flights originating away from your home airport, and BA will not give a fig about nesting.
Gazzerg and mike4mail like this.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 5:40 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by JapesUK
I think that is only 800 TP?
140x6 plus 160 LHR/HEL/LHR
Old Dec 26, 2023, 3:05 am

140x6 plus 160 LHR/HEL/LHR
think CMB-SIN is less than 2000 miles so would be 40 tier points not 140 tp, so Japes is right. Check on the tier point calculator at BA.
81romeo likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 9:30 pm

Programs: BA CCR/GGL
Any TP runs available out of India ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.