Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Japan in F

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2023 | 6:48 am
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
Other options include the Limousine Bus and the Narita Express.

Doc Copper
Narita express doesn't operate in the mornings, the first arrival into NRT is at 7:18 am. Aren't very useful when you are travelling with families.
Old Jan 9, 2023 | 7:07 am

Narita these days is a bit of a ghost town compared to its heyday, especially the town itself. It really is a schlep into town regardless of routing.

As mentioned in another thread, commercially the route was restarted as a 788 in terms of sales and inventory. Perhaps F will return in the future.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2023 | 5:34 pm

First Class on Tokyo Route - when?

First was pulled from the Tokyo route during the patchy on-off (mostly off) scheduling during Covid. Since BA's return to HND in November (albeit not yet daily), no F cabin has been sold. There have been FLUB opportunities because many of the aircraft used have had an F cabin. Given the length of the route, the fact that 787-900s are mostly used for the route, when do you feel that BA will start selling F again on LHR-HND? All other direct competitors (JAL, ANA) are doing so.
Old Jan 20, 2023 | 10:00 pm
20 Countries Visited20 Nights1M10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Flyer26
First was pulled from the Tokyo route during the patchy on-off (mostly off) scheduling during Covid. Since BA's return to HND in November (albeit not yet daily), no F cabin has been sold. There have been FLUB opportunities because many of the aircraft used have had an F cabin. Given the length of the route, the fact that 787-900s are mostly used for the route, when do you feel that BA will start selling F again on LHR-HND? All other direct competitors (JAL, ANA) are doing so.
I booked a reward flight for this November, coming back early December, and the F cabin isn't being sold... so I guess the answer is at least another year, summer 2024 at the earliest?
Old Jan 21, 2023 | 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See this recent thread discussing first to Japan:
Japan in F
Old Jan 21, 2023 | 2:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
KUL operated on B789 with 7J/K in Club blocked for flight crew rest. As mentioned by Saladman when a B789 is running, F is used for crew rest.

It might be that F does not return to Tokyo until more normal flight times are possible. In the meantime F will perhaps continue to be held for both flight and cabin crew rest.
Old Jan 21, 2023 | 2:40 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Centurion
Several USA legacy airlines have ramped up or are ramping up service to HND. What is the attraction to HND? I get it is closer to downtown Japan but it sure seems like everyone is adding capacity. Most recent would be United Airlines.
And if things ever go wrong at NRT they go spectacularly wrong - Im sworn off NRT after one of my worst travel experiences ever (typhoon related, but HND wouldnt have been anything like as bad)

this has made me realise my flights in October are showing old style Club World, hmm
Old May 16, 2023 | 11:48 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Question No BA First to Tokyo?

It seems only JAL flights are offered, do BA not fly F from London? Does that mean I cannot part pay with Avios?
Old May 16, 2023 | 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold
No they don’t. For a mere 10k you can buy F on JAL

You can indeed reduce this price with Avios. It’s quite straightforward on BA.com go have a look
SxMan likes this.
Old May 16, 2023 | 12:26 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
No they dont. For a mere 10k you can buy F on JAL

You can indeed reduce this price with Avios. Its quite straightforward on BA.com go have a look
JL are good at releasing Avios seats in F, but often only a few days before departure. Although the JL hard product is quite old fashioned, you have masses of space. And once youve experienced JL F service and catering you will never want to return to BA. I for one would never consider BA to Tokyo when JL and NH are far superior.
Old May 16, 2023 | 12:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BasilBush
JL are good at releasing Avios seats in F, but often only a few days before departure. Although the JL hard product is quite old fashioned, you have masses of space. And once youve experienced JL F service and catering you will never want to return to BA. I for one would never consider BA to Tokyo when JL and NH are far superior.
The JL suite is a bit old fashioned, yes, but it's very, very comfortable and spacious. The service standards on JL are exemplary and the food is superb. Everything is scrupulously clean and everything is exactly as you would expect and hope for. The staff are invariably lovely and if you speak a little Japanese they are thrilled beyond measure in my experience. In short, they are everything BA are not.
TFM, visit14, SxMan and 2 others like this.
Old May 16, 2023 | 1:47 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

JL business is frankly better than BA F, at least on the plane, but no use for guaranteed Avios seats / voucher use
mikeyfly and SxMan like this.
Old May 16, 2023 | 1:59 pm

I managed to book a JL first reward flight from LHR to HND with Avios about 9 months in advance, and I finally get to experience it tomorrow!!
Old May 16, 2023 | 2:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by turncol
I managed to book a JL first reward flight from LHR to HND with Avios about 9 months in advance, and I finally get to experience it tomorrow!!
Enjoy it - I'm sure you'll have a superb experience.
turncol likes this.
Old May 16, 2023 | 2:28 pm
10 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Flumps
The JL suite is a bit old fashioned, yes, but it's very, very comfortable and spacious. The service standards on JL are exemplary and the food is superb. Everything is scrupulously clean and everything is exactly as you would expect and hope for. The staff are invariably lovely and if you speak a little Japanese they are thrilled beyond measure in my experience. In short, they are everything BA are not.
What is the price difference between the two?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.