Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The trouble with the A380 lately

Search this Thread

Old Today, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
July is low season for SA so it makes sense. Most likely A380 will remain for BA55/BA56 during high season.
xmassheep likes this.
Old Today, 8:22 am

Here from the great HFP article Rob Posted, Flying BA LHR to SIN in CW on the A380 25/09/24 and flying back CW on the 787 07/10/24. Did use avoid and 241 but if anyone has recent advice or tips so I can be well prepared for this issue please share! Thanks in advance
ttama likes this.
Old Today, 8:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Welcome to FT, and I suggest reading the front of the Hitchhiker's Guide.
Old Today, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by xmassheep
BA55 showing as a 787 on the booking page early next July - Friday night too 😬
Thank God I don't fly down to SA in the months of Jul/aug. Too busy for me, for where I go (Kruger). Plus, I hate that damn aircraft, and it's the only reason I don't fly Virgin down to JNB now as they also use the 787. They did use the A350 for a short while which was fantastic. Wish BA would use the 350 too (in addition to the A380). I am on the B777 next month, returning on the A380.
Old Today, 9:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Mucci
Originally Posted by SYM1
Here from the great HFP article Rob Posted, Flying BA LHR to SIN in CW on the A380 25/09/24 and flying back CW on the 787 07/10/24. Did use avoid and 241 but if anyone has recent advice or tips so I can be well prepared for this issue please share! Thanks in advance
Welcome to FT.
The SIN A380 flight would tend to be prioritised over others so I wouldn't be losing any sleep over it.

If you want to prepare for any possible cancellation you need to have a look and see what the alternatives are.
A search for one-way tickets for your party in the relevant class (business) on google flights on the morning of planned departure would be helpful, although I think realistically if the BA flight is cancelled you would be staying overnight at LHR and flying out the next day, depending upon how much notice you get.
Old Today, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by crazy8534
Welcome to FT.
The SIN A380 flight would tend to be prioritised over others so I wouldn't be losing any sleep over it.

If you want to prepare for any possible cancellation you need to have a look and see what the alternatives are.
A search for one-way tickets for your party in the relevant class (business) on google flights on the morning of planned departure would be helpful, although I think realistically if the BA flight is cancelled you would be staying overnight at LHR and flying out the next day, depending upon how much notice you get.
Hope you know they cancelled the BA11 today (19/09) twenty two minutes after you’d posted 🤣

Hope all those heading to the Grand Prix have good insurance
ttama and crazy8534 like this.
Old Today, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Mucci
Originally Posted by E14 26C
Hope you know they cancelled the BA11 today (19/09) twenty two minutes after you’d posted 🤣

Hope all those heading to the Grand Prix have good insurance
Ha ha you have to admire the divine comedy of it all.

I revise my advice - panic continuously from now until next week....
E14 26C and gustavmahler like this.
Old Today, 2:10 pm

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
I have friends rerouted via HKG tomorrow as a result, the F1 would explain why nothing could be found out tonight in J...
Old Today, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, whatever is saved on the Sky box
Yep made us go all the way to C56, with a sudden gate closing message on the departure board, only to get there and be told cancelled. Was sat at gate B31 at T2 about to board to Beijing and onwards to Singapore with Air China in business and now boarded. BA should just scrap their A380s. At least the Air China A350 is clean so that's a difference from BA, plus I get to look at Russia. Every cloud...
Old Today, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold
G-XLEK again too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.