Wiki Posts
Search

WAW Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2023 | 9:47 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Jaenks
Fantazija on Schengen side, for oneworld status passengers.
Yes, worth the visit. Do&Co catering.
Currently sat in rhe Fantazija lounge, no problems with entering at all.

Was advised by the checkin agent that the Bolero lounge is currently closed for some work and to use another lounge on the Schengen side.
tmac100 and NoTiersForMe like this.
Old Oct 17, 2023 | 9:10 am
50 Countries Visited100k20 Nights5 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Gold
Having used OLCI and am flying HBO, I found out the hard way that there’s currently no lounge available for BA passengers once you’ve passed passport control for the non-Schengen gates.

The exec lounge is currently closed for renovation, and we don’t get access to the “business” lounge.
Old Nov 26, 2023 | 5:13 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited

Originally Posted by travellingwigbury
Having used OLCI and am flying HBO, I found out the hard way that there’s currently no lounge available for BA passengers once you’ve passed passport control for the non-Schengen gates.

The exec lounge is currently closed for renovation, and we don’t get access to the “business” lounge.
The lounge advertised on one world site for BA is the Etituda lounge which as you said was recently closed for refurb. It is now re-open (see Lounge access in Warsaw) and is past border control downstairs near gates 1N-4N.

However, and as noted upthread, there is the Fantazja lounge which is before passport control. On the OW site BA is not listed as an airline that can use this. However the logo is outside and I used it with no issues this afternoon. This is a much much better option than the one after security as it is Do&Co catered with quite good options in my opinion. Really clean and there is a beauty treatment place inside (payable I think)

food this afternoon was
-roasted pork neck
-fried jacket potatoes
-roasted vegetables
-mini carrot cake
-chicken curry
-rice
-various pastries
-yoghurt/granola pots
-fruit pots
-bean to cup coffee

some pics below. One minor point is that it is a trek from security down by gate 35 and next to McDonalds. Turn left after you exit security and keep walking down to the end.

Old Jan 17, 2024 | 11:25 am
30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Warsaw Bolero refurbished

A very pleasant surprise today upon arrival at the Bolero (non Schengen, non *A) lounge in Warsaw: it has been comprehensively refurbished. I didn’t have time for photos, however it is now open and bright, with all new furniture that looks and feels comfortable.

The dividers have all been removed and the odd window seats are now benches with high seating. There are some comfy looking lounge seats which look like they might recline, however their arrangement facing each other in pairs means only travelling pairs or solos can use them, otherwise feet would entangle. However I think the total number of seats is greater, albeit with less low seating. There are now loads of sockets, all (on the window benches at least) with USB and USB-C points on each.

The bar areas have also been refurbished but I didn’t get the chance to see whether the alcohol offering - which was always limited but with the rare benefit of Campari - had improved. Food, however, seems to be a casualty, with the four items of random never-seen-elsewhere hot food reduced to two, on my visit at least. The ‘water features’ have, unfortunately, been removed.

All in all, the lounge is now well lit, with more colour and better seating. Those dreading the Bolero lounge for its communist aesthetic can breathe a sigh of relief.
thefilipinotraveler and SxMan like this.
Old Mar 13, 2024 | 10:59 am
40 Countries Visited1M15 Years on Site

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I am having a very pleasant time in the Etiuda lounge after passport control in the non-Schengen area. BA eligibility is clear on the signage outside of the lounge.

Right now, early evening, it's maybe only 20% full, has light food offerings (caesar salads, cold meats, cheese, heated soup and dumplings), plus soft and alcholic drinks. Plug sockets have EU, plus USB A and USB C all in the same unit.

Views of the apron (shame it's dark) but all around a good refurbishment here.
tmac100 and KARFA like this.
Old Oct 9, 2024 | 12:41 am
30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC Silver
Just visited the Etiuda lounge, in the non-Schengen area, a couple of mins from the BA departure gates.

30-40% full at 7:15am. Limited food options. Good beer and wine options.

Photos on my Wawsaw trip report here.

There are views of the apron, but for some reason half of the blinds are closed, even though it doesn’t face the sun.

Last edited by ID90_J; Oct 9, 2024 at 2:59 am Reason: Adding a bit about views

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.