Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which aircraft is new WTP on?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2023, 7:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Both the 2018 and 2010 WTP are decent (BA have much deeper recline than AA for example), but the newer one is objectively better from a comfort.

Not enough to dance around your schedule like a Old Club World vs Club World Suites situation.

Case in point. BA286 switches from the long standing A380 (2010 WTP but 2x3x2 and side bins) to 777-300ER with the new seats in 2x4x2. It nets out I think.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by GM1985
Was this the version of WTP you flew on in 2014? This is the "old old" version found on most 777 and 747 back then (a slightly spruced up version with darker upholstery featured on refurbished 747s). By the mid 2010's, it was certainly getting a little long in the tooth.

This version was introduced circa 2010 and can be found on A380, 787-8, 787-9 and (potentially?) some unrefurbished 777 still:

The most recent version debuted in 2018 and can be found on A350, 787-10 and refurbished 777s:

Both 'current' versions are comfortable and are worth the £200 extra. The most noticeable difference between the two is the more recent (2018) version has the most recent modern IFE.
Do the Gatwick 777's going to Orlando have the leg rests, last time we flew WTP from Heathrow in 2021 we didnt have that.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 12:21 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Ipswich1984
Do the Gatwick 777's going to Orlando have the leg rests, last time we flew WTP from Heathrow in 2021 we didnt have that.
Mostly you can assume that LGW is the P3530, so the middle photo quoted. Occasionally a LHR surrogate makes it to Crawley International, but that's the exception.
Old Aug 31, 2024, 6:15 am

New WTP with leg and calf rest

I am flying back from Singapore and I had a choice of A380 or 777.

Last time I flew WTP from Gatwick and I was impressed by how comfortable the new WTP seat was. I liked the bigger screen and foot and calf rest.

I ended up choosing the A380 but now thinking that may have been a mistake. Any thoughts?
Old Aug 31, 2024, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be
I am flying back from Singapore and I had a choice of A380 or 777.

Last time I flew WTP from Gatwick and I was impressed by how comfortable the new WTP seat was. I liked the bigger screen and foot and calf rest.

I ended up choosing the A380 but now thinking that may have been a mistake. Any thoughts?
The A380 is a far superior aircraft in terms of cabin noise and pressurisation at a lower altitude, which you really notice on a long flight like SIN.
let_BAegones_be likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2024, 7:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The WTP sear is BA's most homogeneous product. But on the cabin on the upper deck A380 is excellent and since you are going over a bad turbulence area it's almost worth it for that factor alone. Window seats have the side cupboard, which is fabulously helpful, though check Aerolopa to make sure you have access.
let_BAegones_be likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.