Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can anyone book the seats I've paid for?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2023 | 1:44 pm
Original Poster
30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Can anyone book the seats I've paid for?

No longer Gold due to Covid and using other airlines, I've had to pay to reserve seats for Mrs JohnM5 and myself. We've paid for the seats and had a confirmation email from BA. However, when some friends later booked the same flight they found they could reserve the same seats (not looking forward to sitting on their laps ).

So, I've rung customer services twice and on both occasions I've had the response: "Oh, that's odd, I'll put you on hold whilst I speak to our back office". Then after a time (both times circa 45 minutes) I got cut off - I presume (perhaps incorrectly?) because the question is too difficult to answer, i.e., "computer says "no"".

I wonder if anyone else can book "our" seats: if you want to have a go it's BA0456, 28th Nov, seats 3D and 3F.
Old Oct 27, 2023 | 1:49 pm
50 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

You dont appear to be in those seats - they are currently unassigned as per the seat map below.

Something mustve gone wrong, either the payment didnt go through in the first place (have you checked your card?) or you originally had them but there was an aircraft swap/other change, so you lost the assignments. In that case you may be able to select them again - what happens when you go into the seat map in MMB?

JohnM5 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2023 | 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold
Your seats are available for booking. What happens when you go into MMB on the main website and review seats ? (old design, obv )
Old Oct 27, 2023 | 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
You dont appear to be in those seats - they are currently unassigned as per the seat map below.

Something mustve gone wrong, either the payment didnt go through in the first place (have you checked your card?) or you originally had them but there was an aircraft swap/other change, so you lost the assignments. In that case you may be able to select them again - what happens when you go into the seat map in MMB?

Yes, I've been charged on the card (I did this is August) and there have been no changes to the flight. I became aware of this about a month ago and tried rebooking the seats at that time, but to no avail. So it's a bit of a mystery (to me and the BA contact centre staff) ....
Old Oct 27, 2023 | 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What happens if you try to move to 2DF ?
JohnM5 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2023 | 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Your seats are available for booking. What happens when you go into MMB on the main website and review seats ? (old design, obv )
Despite having an email confirming my seats (and the payment) when I go into MMB I don't have them! So I guess anyone else can also pay to have them on a new booking!

Last edited by JohnM5; Oct 27, 2023 at 2:42 pm
Old Oct 27, 2023 | 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well if you don’t have them, of course anyone else can! Go and choose new seats ? Are you not able to do this on MMB ?
Old Oct 27, 2023 | 2:08 pm
Original Poster

What happens if you try to move to 2DF ?
Good idea, although row 3 is our preferred row... but I get this

I got the same message (several weeks ago) when I tried to confirm our already paid for seats.
Old Oct 27, 2023 | 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Well if you dont have them, of course anyone else can! Go and choose new seats ? Are you not able to do this on MMB ?
I guess the point is: if we've paid for a product then we should receive it.... and I can't choose any others via MMB (as per previous post)
Old Oct 27, 2023 | 2:12 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
I think you will find BA . Com is well screwed on this atm.i put up a post earlier the app isnt working and this will lead to chaosand fwiw the engagement centres dont give a toss!
Another royal screw up

Well if you dont have them, of course anyone else can! Go and choose new seats ? Are you not able to do this on MMB ?
JohnM5 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.