Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The case of the audacious pillow pilferer….

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The case of the audacious pillow pilferer….

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2023 | 2:08 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
It’s First Class, there should be spare pillows and blankets. The other passenger shouldn’t have taken it without asking, but I’m afraid this is on BA for being so cheap in their most prestigious cabin.
chris63, Pandor and SxMan like this.
Old Dec 23, 2023 | 2:18 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
50 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
It’s First Class, there should be spare pillows and blankets. The other passenger shouldn’t have taken it without asking, but I’m afraid this is on BA for being so cheap in their most prestigious cabin.
did the other passenger ask for a spare?
Old Dec 23, 2023 | 2:50 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
I don’t know - from the post it would appear the pillow tea-leaf did not - but is it so wildly extravagant to assume that a second pillow could be accommodated in F? I am not saying I’d personally have gone about it the same way.
Old Dec 23, 2023 | 8:36 pm
50 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by TTmex
filling double digit ziplock bags full of fruits and nuts, ferrying back and forward to also stash over 10 bags of crisps and a similar number of cans of coke into a bag...
I guess the same one that inspires someone to order 5 plates off the QR code menu, take a photo with them and leave without eating.
Idk. To me, I would kind of chuckle if I saw people making such an effort taking food with them that you could buy in the supermarket for about 5-10 EUR, but would actually feel more annoyed by people that were getting big plates of food and just wasting them. At least the people sneaking out crisps and cola will probably consume it...
TTmex likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2023 | 11:46 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
I’ve got a couple of F blankets. They’re great for the kids watching tv on the sofa…
I used to regularly leave the F cabin disembarking with a pashmina around my neck like a Hollywood diva. If only the rest of the body matched the look
i think I still have 5 or so of them in my dresser
gustavmahler likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2023 | 11:58 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, BA GGL/CCR,/GFL, A3 Gold, JBU Mosaic, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by TTmex
Nothing surprises me after I saw a very well dressed family in the Soho lounge filling double digit ziplock bags full of fruits and nuts, ferrying back and forward to also stash over 10 bags of crisps and a similar number of cans of coke into a bag. There were two adults and 1 teenage kid. It's a compulsion. I guess the same one that inspires someone to order 5 plates off the QR code menu, take a photo with them and leave without eating. Personally if I saw someone stashing pillows or packing up bedding to take id say something to crew. People may say to mind my own business, but would you prefer I mind my business if I saw someone stealing your wallet or ipad?
one thing is to compulsively fill up with food from the lounge which is given as a buffet another is to steal another pax pillow to sleep better
also one thing to bring home a pillow or a blanket from your F or J seat after a flight (yes I know property of BA), another to steal an iPod or passport
i don‘y think you can put these things into the same category
Markie likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2023 | 12:27 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
40 Countries Visited5M20 Years on Site

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
Some crews put the pillows in the seats in advance of passengers coming on board. I think this avoids any confusion about what the pillows in the overhead bins are doing there.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2023 | 12:44 am
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by Markie
Some crews put the pillows in the seats in advance of passengers coming on board. I think this avoids any confusion about what the pillows in the overhead bins are doing there.
Yes - they often do that on the flights that leave very late as many will not eat and just go to sleep. It does of course stop the issue.
There aren't any spare pillows - we all know that and it probably isn't worth BA loading a heap of extra ones on the off chance......
And she knew the deal because I spotted the Gold Card on her luggage tags..... So she knew she was being incredibly selfish and that F was full so someone was going without.......
Anyway - the IFM was excellent and incredibly generous to give me his from the crew bunks and I did thank him so much as he really didn't have to do it.
And of course if that person is ever on a flight with me again I will be warning the crew to put all pillows on passenger seats so she is thwarted before she even tries it on!
FD.
Markie and Nick_USA like this.
Old Dec 24, 2023 | 1:02 am
10 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

The duvet was stolen…..it’s not hers to take off the aircraft. Very polite of you to say removed though.
Markie likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2023 | 1:20 am
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by md80only
I have had the same experience in the first row - got shouted at. I boarded first and put my bag in "her" bin - she told me I needed to move it, and I politely pointed out that there are no overhead bins above my seat. Shout shout, mad mad. The purser walked over and told her the bins aren't assigned, so luckily I didn't have to deal with it. Maybe I should have put my bag somewhere else, but I got on, put it away, and sat down as quickly as possible so other people could board.
I may have related this story before here, but this reminds me of an Austrian flight many moons ago from Vienna to New York… front row of business (no First on that plane) and I had left my bag in the bin above my seat and went to the loo (one of those loos that had not one but TWO windows, which I was quite excited about back then).

I come back to my seat to find a rather frantic seeming Germanic man (don’t know if he was Austrian, German or other) exclaiming that if this was my bag I needed to move it, “as he believes your bag should always be in the space above your seat.” As it’s quite early in the boarding, moving my bag around was no imposition, so I move my own into the bin across the aisle. He thanks me and repeats his spiel about wanting to have his bag above his seat.

I tell him I agree generally, but was happy to make an exception for him to have the extra space for his bags. I then ask him if he would mind letting me through to my seat, which was the window next to his aisle seat. The look on his face as he realised I had just moved my bag further from my seat on his request was priceless. He starts to apologise and I tell him it’s fine, from the window I can actually see across the aisle better than up into the bin above me, so it’s really better anyway. He nods appreciatively.

But I do always find it funny how many people seem to think that the bin space is matched so directly to their seat, without taking notice that there are other people seated around them who may need to use the same bin… especially when in a cabin where you’re not exactly going to run out of space anyway.
Old Dec 24, 2023 | 3:31 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Schultzois
(one of those loos that had not one but TWO windows, which I was quite excited about back then).
Classic Flyertalk details!
Old Dec 24, 2023 | 3:43 am
30 Countries Visited30 Nights3M10 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite, SAS Eurobonus Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by Scots_Al
Classic Flyertalk details!
All this 'toilet talk', class. It amuses me (not) when the bloggers video the loos.

Back to topic, if I caught someone overtly pilfering any of my bedding, I'd politely ask 'Have you paid for that?' though I'd suspect they'd either ignore or get some sort of rebuff.

Next to the IFM, either the passenger returns the item or it's theft report! Perhaps extreme, but it's the only way to stop this sort of behaviour.
Old Dec 24, 2023 | 5:51 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

A vlogger posted an instagram photo of her children leaving the plane in the UK wrapped in the BA blankets as it was cold. They were still dressed for Florida!

Every item stolen needs to be replaced which adds to the ticket price.
Markie, BA or bust and HIDDY like this.
Old Dec 24, 2023 | 7:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited50 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Flying Doctor
And she knew the deal because I spotted the Gold Card on her luggage tags..... So she knew she was being incredibly selfish and that F was full so someone was going without.......
Of course my first thought is that she should be tarred and feathered for this crime. But it wouldn't really help would it? I suspect professional possibly clinical advice on the ground may be needed at some point.
choosethedrew and bisonrav like this.
Old Dec 24, 2023 | 7:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ACES70
A vlogger posted an instagram photo of her children leaving the plane in the UK wrapped in the BA blankets as it was cold. They were still dressed for Florida!

Every item stolen needs to be replaced which adds to the ticket price.
Taking small comfort that they purchased my spoon collection with pre-inflation money and sincerely hope that it wasn't the camel's straw for those airlines now gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.