Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2024, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nufnuf77
Welcome to the thread. This is a continuation of the highly popular 2023 Tier Point thread (found here). We keep track of other prices, as well as useful reference information for those planning tier point runs.

Please read the first few posts in this thread first as it contains lots of information which may answer your question.

This is a community-maintained wiki post. Please add important information to it or correct outdated information by clicking the "Edit" button below.

Current Promotions of Interest
Sale Fares

Advanced Promotion Fares

See here in post 12 for an 2024 archive of sale fares.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread lists attractive tier point (TP) runs under 3 per TP grouped within different (departure) geographies

Please note that current availability is not guaranteed and all prices include taxes. Please use the following convention when adding tier point runs to this wiki post:
Date fare checked Price per Tier Point Total Price Total Tier Points Route Booking Classes Booking Channel Credit Notes (if applicable) Airlines

Please remember to:
  • Convert currencies to GBP, rounding to the nearest pound.
  • Post full routes and full booking classes.
  • Note any restrictions on booking in the Notes section.
  • List in order of price per tier point within the relevant departure area.

Please see the links at the bottom of the wiki for archives of runs from previous years.

From Europe

From North, Central and South America

From Middle East, Asia and Australasia

CAI-LHR-HEL-JFK-LAX-SFO return for 1800gbp earning 960 Tps

From Africa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need a year-end TP run (ex-LON) to make / retain status?
Some tips for searching for the year-end TP run for newcomers, the below is indicative only, but hopefully provides a bit of guidance for relatively straightforward runs ex-LON. Some information on how to use ITA matrix is in post XX of this thread (or just click here) along with these ideas, might come in handy. Feel free to share results, problems or general questions in the thread as these may not always work and there might be better deals out there...

For overnight trips remember to check BA and Iberia for their flights and hotel option as well, can get hotel for almost no extra cost at times

Need 80 TPs or fewer
Club Europe return somewhere close by is best - DUB, AMS and JER usually cheapest along with UK domestic returns. Additionally you may find that trips in to mainland Europe require a one night stay whereas the cheapest domestic CE returns do not have any minimum stay so can be booked as a same day return. If doing a back to back AMS and JER can be easier than DUB for an immediate turnaround - more information can be found in the back to back thread listed in the forum dashboard. The BA.com low fare finder can be very useful.

If you need as few as 45 TPs you might consider booking economy flights and hoping for a proactive online upgrade offer - but they're not guaranteed to materialise (so not one if you have no more time left in your TP collection year). Alternatively, booking a return to one of the 40 tier point destinations with one way in CE and the return in ET (or vice versa if cheaper). UK domestic route, Bilbao, Jersey and Amsterdam seem the most cost effective for this.

Need 85-120 TPs
Iberia flights via MAD to regional Spanish airports will get you 120 TPs as the domestic Spanish flights are 20 TPs in business. Under 300 including hotel can be available. Check BIO, GRX, VLC, BCN, SVQ etc. Example here

Need 125-160 TPs
Take a look at the shorthaul plus routes earning 80 TPs each way in business listed in the post XXX of this thread (here), MLA, IST, HEL and RAK are usually available. If time sensitive take a look at BA flight and hotel option to HEL, where you can usually get the last BA flight out on a Saturday, airport hotel and first return Sunday for well under 500.

Alternative options include positioning to JER and flying JER-LGW-XXX (AMS usually works well and avoids switching airports).

Need more than 160 TPs
You'll most likely be heading north then - OSL or VNO via HEL will get you 240 TPs, as will JER-LGW/LHR-HEL e.g. LHR-HEL-OSL for 520.
DUB-LHR-HEL return (or return to LHR) is currently a very efficient way of hitting 200-240 TPs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2024 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2024, 1:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by johnsont15
Hi All,

If I read correctly if you get 1500 tier points in Apr 25 you will keep Gold until the end of April 27 due to the grace period. I am looking at doing a run immediately after Easter 25 to try and get between 1300 and 1400 points and would be grateful of any suggestions. Ideally only a 7 to 10 day trip. I will already have 4 legs and 160 points from a BA Easter trip to the UK. I am based in Switzerland and will get a positioning flight the night before. I prefer going to Asia rather than the US and don't want to spend more than GBP3000 but preferably GBP2500. That said if anyone knows a 2 stage run in the US yielding enough I am interested. I was thinking the standard Europe-East US-West US Coast for 720 TP then adding a trip down to Mexico but cannot find any routes via JFK or CLT from the west coast (hence giving 560 TP return.)

I have done a little research and have come up with the following so far:

1/ BEG-DOH-AUH 21-30 Apr return for GBP983 400TP = 140+60+60+140 (the leg from DOH to AUH is first class).
2/ AUH-CMB-CGK 22-25 GBP832 560TP
3/ AUH-CMB-CGK 26-29 GBP832 560TP

Total = 1520 TP for GBP 2647

Obviously I would prefer not to do the AUH to CGK run twice but I am struggling to find anything. Grateful for any help.

Regards
Not sure if it will work but Alaskan have just started new direct nonstops from Anchorage to JFK. Its on a 737-Max8 so no lie flat bed on the red eye from ANC but are there any West coasts stops reachable via ANC. So JFK-ANC-LAX-LAS or something.. dont know the costs or TP just highlighting a new long haul route in North America
Old Jun 26, 2024, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Dont you need to be a UK resident and start in the UK for double TP Holidays ?
Ah yes, UK resident and trip starts and ends in UK. GVA-LHR-ATH with night in hotel gets 240 TPs and can be done for 817. Then separate GVA-LHR in ET would get you 20.
Old Jun 27, 2024, 1:34 am

Programs: AY+ GOLD
Originally Posted by Msfr
Same day return GVA-LHR-GLA is 499 on 18 September, 160 TPs. Maybe do it twice, or extend it to a BA holiday to double the TPs?
This is also an good idea. The issue is more that I cannot take a day or two off during the week. I'm i little bit bounded to weekends. However, the idea to go through HEL would also allow me to renew my Finnair Plus Gold level and I could use two of my upgrades.

So GVA/ZRH - HEL r/t would be Finnair Plus
HEL - AGP r/t would be BAEC

Then I would have a two Gold run.
Old Jun 27, 2024, 2:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BMarkus
This is also an good idea. The issue is more that I cannot take a day or two off during the week. I'm i little bit bounded to weekends. However, the idea to go through HEL would also allow me to renew my Finnair Plus Gold level and I could use two of my upgrades.

So GVA/ZRH - HEL r/t would be Finnair Plus
HEL - AGP r/t would be BAEC

Then I would have a two Gold run.
Just out of curiosity, why are you trying to get Gold with two OW airlines since apart from your using your upgrade with Finnair Plus, is there any reason for trying to get Gold with BA as well?
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2024, 2:43 am

Programs: AY+ GOLD
I have been a Finnair Plus member for a couple of years. I was able to renew my Gold status a couple of times. With the old system it was easy to reach. But with the last changes it is getting harder and harder. I have to fly the same amount to reach Gold on Finnair Plus as I would need for BAEC Gold. So I decided to move over to BAEC. However I have booked some flights which will credit to BAEC. To get BAEC Gold I need arount 260 TP.

On the otherside I have still my four upgrade vouchers on Finnair Plus and I just need 1700 points to renew my Gold level. So this will end up that I have two Gold level on OW airlines.
Old Jun 27, 2024, 7:58 am

Hi everyone,

Trying to book this one as part of a TP run next year but Finnair website won't offer me the return flight at 01:00, instead is giving me only the afternoon option which breaks my entire scheduling (to catch a flight from ARN to LHR

Any ideas to get this great pricing? Itamatrix is also giving it at 717

Thanks

Old Jun 27, 2024, 8:52 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Try calling Finnair telling them that it isn't bookable online if they try to charge you a telephone admin fee. Otherwise, although its an easy B2B like many others it may be undercutting the official MCT and therefore not bookable by the airline
Old Jun 27, 2024, 3:37 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bluekjp
Try calling Finnair telling them that it isn't bookable online if they try to charge you a telephone admin fee. Otherwise, although its an easy B2B like many others it may be undercutting the official MCT and therefore not bookable by the airline
so it is MCT compliant, but AY does seem to have an artificial block on making this booking on their site. i agree about calling instead - hopefully that works.
Old Jun 28, 2024, 2:00 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Gold - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Book it as 2 x one ways.
Old Jun 28, 2024, 2:07 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Gold
Originally Posted by pmcg
Book it as 2 x one ways.
If you do that, you lose the protections associated with IRROPS.

CB
Old Jun 28, 2024, 2:45 am
POG

Hi Helpful Flyeralkers,

I’m heading to Vegas - need to be there 14-20th but have plenty of time either side of this to travel and maximise TPs. I want to pick up as many TPs as I can within a budget of about 3/3.5K and probably out of the UK to make use of the double TP BA holidays offer. Looking at the UK-US with a trans con from Jer etc, that is coming in at a hefty 4.5K. This is the best alternative I can come up with - basically JER-LHR-MIA-LIM RTN and then getting a cheap economy from Lima to Bogot/Mexico CIty or elsewhere to fly up to LAX/LAS on AA Biz. PS below is just a vague example, I haven’t fine tuned it yet. Does anyone else have any better ideas please before I book it? Thanks for your help.

Old Jun 28, 2024, 2:49 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC electrum
Originally Posted by cbyrne92
If you do that, you lose the protections associated with IRROPS.
True and this can sometimes be a disadvantage.
If it's a real B2B and the inbound is delayed, you may get automatically shunted on to a different return (as happened to folks on the SOF run).
But if it's a reasonable B2B location you would have made your flight if you had booked it as two one ways.
The only real compelling reasons not to book two one ways are either to protect a longer (and more expensive) itinerary that continues on after the return, or that you feel you can't reasonably cover the cost of buying a replacement cash or Avios one way flight if things go pear shaped.
Old Jun 28, 2024, 9:52 am

Decided to go on the safe side and booked it by leaving a day gap to relax a bit in Malaga.

So here we are

25/4 outbound
LHR-HEL-ARN
ARN-HEL-AGP

27/4 inbound
AGP-HEL-ARN
ARN-HEL-LHR

Total 600TP
Cost: 1080 (1.79/TP)
Booked directly at Finnair website. Managed to beat all other pricing that was 700-800 per segment at Google Flights!

Might stay at the holiday inn Express at the AGP airport for 85

Last edited by Leonidasc; Jun 28, 2024 at 9:54 am Reason: additional info
Old Jun 28, 2024, 10:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by Leonidasc
Decided to go on the safe side and booked it by leaving a day gap to relax a bit in Malaga.

So here we are

25/4 outbound
LHR-HEL-ARN
ARN-HEL-AGP

27/4 inbound
AGP-HEL-ARN
ARN-HEL-LHR

Total 600TP
Cost: 1080 (1.79/TP)
Booked directly at Finnair website. Managed to beat all other pricing that was 700-800 per segment at Google Flights!

I recently discovered the Zen Hotel which appears to be 4 stops down the line from the airport and is relatively inexpensive. I'm using it the week after next when also taking the subsidised helicopter flight to Ceuta, which is a Spanish exclave. Worse things to do than that if you're at a loose end.
IanWorthington likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2024, 10:58 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Leonidasc
I'd advise against that:
- It is too close for taxis to take you (they'll point blank refuse, or you'll need to offer something like 20 euros cash)
- It is not a pleasant walk on roads without pavements (and drivers going fast)
- It's not a great hotel altogether because people arrive until very late and others leave very early so it's very noisy

I'd get something on the seafront if you're there for any length of time.
Blue Skye and Leonidasc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.