Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2024, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nufnuf77
Welcome to the thread. This is a continuation of the highly popular 2023 Tier Point thread (found here). We keep track of other prices, as well as useful reference information for those planning tier point runs.

Please read the first few posts in this thread first as it contains lots of information which may answer your question.

This is a community-maintained wiki post. Please add important information to it or correct outdated information by clicking the "Edit" button below.

Current Promotions of Interest
Sale Fares

Advanced Promotion Fares

See here in post 12 for an 2024 archive of sale fares.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread lists attractive tier point (TP) runs under 3 per TP grouped within different (departure) geographies

Please note that current availability is not guaranteed and all prices include taxes. Please use the following convention when adding tier point runs to this wiki post:
Date fare checked Price per Tier Point Total Price Total Tier Points Route Booking Classes Booking Channel Credit Notes (if applicable) Airlines

Please remember to:
  • Convert currencies to GBP, rounding to the nearest pound.
  • Post full routes and full booking classes.
  • Note any restrictions on booking in the Notes section.
  • List in order of price per tier point within the relevant departure area.

Please see the links at the bottom of the wiki for archives of runs from previous years.

From Europe

From North, Central and South America

From Middle East, Asia and Australasia

CAI-LHR-HEL-JFK-LAX-SFO return for 1800gbp earning 960 Tps

From Africa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need a year-end TP run (ex-LON) to make / retain status?
Some tips for searching for the year-end TP run for newcomers, the below is indicative only, but hopefully provides a bit of guidance for relatively straightforward runs ex-LON. Some information on how to use ITA matrix is in post XX of this thread (or just click here) along with these ideas, might come in handy. Feel free to share results, problems or general questions in the thread as these may not always work and there might be better deals out there...

For overnight trips remember to check BA and Iberia for their flights and hotel option as well, can get hotel for almost no extra cost at times

Need 80 TPs or fewer
Club Europe return somewhere close by is best - DUB, AMS and JER usually cheapest along with UK domestic returns. Additionally you may find that trips in to mainland Europe require a one night stay whereas the cheapest domestic CE returns do not have any minimum stay so can be booked as a same day return. If doing a back to back AMS and JER can be easier than DUB for an immediate turnaround - more information can be found in the back to back thread listed in the forum dashboard. The BA.com low fare finder can be very useful.

If you need as few as 45 TPs you might consider booking economy flights and hoping for a proactive online upgrade offer - but they're not guaranteed to materialise (so not one if you have no more time left in your TP collection year). Alternatively, booking a return to one of the 40 tier point destinations with one way in CE and the return in ET (or vice versa if cheaper). UK domestic route, Bilbao, Jersey and Amsterdam seem the most cost effective for this.

Need 85-120 TPs
Iberia flights via MAD to regional Spanish airports will get you 120 TPs as the domestic Spanish flights are 20 TPs in business. Under 300 including hotel can be available. Check BIO, GRX, VLC, BCN, SVQ etc. Example here

Need 125-160 TPs
Take a look at the shorthaul plus routes earning 80 TPs each way in business listed in the post XXX of this thread (here), MLA, IST, HEL and RAK are usually available. If time sensitive take a look at BA flight and hotel option to HEL, where you can usually get the last BA flight out on a Saturday, airport hotel and first return Sunday for well under 500.

Alternative options include positioning to JER and flying JER-LGW-XXX (AMS usually works well and avoids switching airports).

Need more than 160 TPs
You'll most likely be heading north then - OSL or VNO via HEL will get you 240 TPs, as will JER-LGW/LHR-HEL e.g. LHR-HEL-OSL for 520.
DUB-LHR-HEL return (or return to LHR) is currently a very efficient way of hitting 200-240 TPs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2024 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2024 | 1:47 pm
50 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC electrum
Originally Posted by timlewis808
one advantage is that I believe you can use the Al Safwa First Lounge at Doha because it's "first" class on the leg to Sharjah.
I would value that at about 50. It's not insignificant, but perhaps not the only thing you should base your choice on.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024 | 1:55 pm
40 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by DeathSlam
I would value that at about 50. It's not insignificant, but perhaps not the only thing you should base your choice on.
Iirc Matt (@mattsplanet on yet) has a video of it, though I can't be sure which it was without checking. If it's the one reminiscent of the Hall of Mountain King, I think the first trip there might be worth rather more. YMMV, of course, :shrug
timlewis808 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024 | 2:47 pm
50 Countries Visited

Programs: BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus Gold
If you fly in J with QR you can pay your way into Al Safwa for QAR600 equalling around 130. Not saying that's what it's worth but that's what you would have to pay to get in. Only been there once, but it was a great experience, truly a level up from the really good Al Mourjan, if you value top shelf liquor and a la carte food. But I wouldn't pay 130 to go there rather than the Al Mourjan.
timlewis808 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024 | 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Well I wasn't suggesting do that just for that lounge access (there's probably shorter cheaper ways to do that) but that it is definitely worth mentioning it as a Brucey bonus.
Old Feb 4, 2024 | 3:57 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Originally Posted by IanWorthington
Iirc Matt (@mattsplanet on yet) has a video of it, though I can't be sure which it was without checking. If it's the one reminiscent of the Hall of Mountain King, I think the first trip there might be worth rather more. YMMV, of course, :shrug
He did and I've seen quite a few other videos about it. Definitely on my bucket list to do. Apparently these local "first" class flights with Qatar are the way to get access most cheaply.
Old Feb 4, 2024 | 5:27 pm

Programs: AC E75K, *G
Good day everyone, first time posting here on the BA side! I'm not sure if there's a format to posting (don't think I saw any wiki/post mentioning any format) but I'm looking to hit Gold from nothing this year and I'd like to ask for some suggested routes while controlling down to less than or equal to 1.5-2/TP flying to destinations in Europe. I'll actually be making holidays out of it, mostly 2-4 days each (max 5 days if there's a good deal on BA holidays for double TP?), but I'm generally very flexible and can go anytime. I'll be in UK until around May so I'd really hope to travel around Europe destinations (not limited to, but hopefully mainly in Europe). I've converted my Canadian license to UK so I guess I can drive in all EEA or did things change because of Brexit? (a bit off topic... whoops). Anyways, looking for suggestions! Thank you!!

Oh, almost forgot, I'm based in NCL.

Last edited by Celavia; Feb 4, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Old Feb 4, 2024 | 11:45 pm

Tier point run to Santiago, Chile

In late April or early May I will be taking a business trip from London to Santiago in Chile and would like to maximise the tier points I earn from the trip so I can potentially get to Gold this year. Whilst work will be paying for this trip I will still be expected to go by the cheapest reasonable route.

I am currently thinking of the following routing: MAN-LHR-MAD-SCL and the same for the return journey. Also staying for five nights and booking the hotel through BA Holidays to get the double tier points.

Unfortunately LATAM flights don't earn tier points which reduces considerably the options for optimising the route. I also considered flying on AA with a change in MIA or DFW but the price of that fare is many times more than the BA/IB option above.

If anyone has any other good suggestions then please let me know!
oxon1990 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2024 | 1:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by London cyclist
In late April or early May I will be taking a business trip from London to Santiago in Chile and would like to maximise the tier points I earn from the trip so I can potentially get to Gold this year. Whilst work will be paying for this trip I will still be expected to go by the cheapest reasonable route.

I am currently thinking of the following routing: MAN-LHR-MAD-SCL and the same for the return journey. Also staying for five nights and booking the hotel through BA Holidays to get the double tier points.

Unfortunately LATAM flights don't earn tier points which reduces considerably the options for optimising the route. I also considered flying on AA with a change in MIA or DFW but the price of that fare is many times more than the BA/IB option above.

If anyone has any other good suggestions then please let me know!
If you search this thread for "santiago" you'll find that someone else asked the same question recently. Hopefully, some of the replies to that question will help you out.
Old Feb 5, 2024 | 6:11 am
10 Countries Visited

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Based in Madrid until mid-May and looking to achieve BA Silver before returning to the US. Where should I be looking for relatively cheap TP runs to get the 600 TPs needed? Any and all advice is welcome.
Old Feb 5, 2024 | 8:50 am

Programs: BA GGLFL/ VS GOLD/ WY GOLD/ SQ PPS/KL GOLD
Hello Everyone,

I am in need of some help, need to get cheap tier points as many as I can get for as cheap as I can get it, does anyone happen to have any suggestions, flexible to travel any time from 10 April onwards

Thanks

Flyer1508
Old Feb 5, 2024 | 8:55 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Celavia
Good day everyone, first time posting here on the BA side! I'm not sure if there's a format to posting (don't think I saw any wiki/post mentioning any format) but I'm looking to hit Gold from nothing this year and I'd like to ask for some suggested routes while controlling down to less than or equal to 1.5-2/TP flying to destinations in Europe. I'll actually be making holidays out of it, mostly 2-4 days each (max 5 days if there's a good deal on BA holidays for double TP?), but I'm generally very flexible and can go anytime. I'll be in UK until around May so I'd really hope to travel around Europe destinations (not limited to, but hopefully mainly in Europe). I've converted my Canadian license to UK so I guess I can drive in all EEA or did things change because of Brexit? (a bit off topic... whoops). Anyways, looking for suggestions! Thank you!!

Oh, almost forgot, I'm based in NCL.
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
Based in Madrid until mid-May and looking to achieve BA Silver before returning to the US. Where should I be looking for relatively cheap TP runs to get the 600 TPs needed? Any and all advice is welcome.
Originally Posted by Flyer1508
Hello Everyone,

I am in need of some help, need to get cheap tier points as many as I can get for as cheap as I can get it, does anyone happen to have any suggestions, flexible to travel any time from 10 April onwards

Thanks

Flyer1508
There are lots of routes and ideas contained in this thread and the previous years threads. Im sure folks here are very happy to help optimise a routing that youve found but its not reasonable to ask anyone to do all of the work for you, especially where you dont really give many parameters other than as cheap as possible.
Old Feb 5, 2024 | 8:57 am

Programs: BA GGLFL/ VS GOLD/ WY GOLD/ SQ PPS/KL GOLD
Hiya,

No I totally get that not asking anyone to do all the work for me, I am happy to depart from all over europe if needs be and the usual suspects like SOF and OTP look like costly options hence why i asked for some suggestions.
Old Feb 5, 2024 | 9:03 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC
Hiya,

No I totally get that not asking anyone to do all the work for me, I am happy to depart from all over europe if needs be and the usual suspects like SOF and OTP look like costly options hence why i asked for some suggestions.
Try booking for travel departing 6+ months from now for the best deals, especially if travelling to the US. What flights to suggest depends on how many TPs you need and when you need them by. Quite a few ideas up thread for places to start.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2024 | 9:18 am
10 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hiya,

It's definitely worth looking at ITA Matrix and playing around with it to build up familiarity. It isn't too difficult (I wouldn't say I'm an IT guru!) and then you can happily spend an hour fine tuning different stuff. Once you have a possible route then it's often worth pasting it on here as there are people on here who ARE gurus and can assist.
Old Feb 5, 2024 | 9:40 am
50 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC electrum
Originally Posted by London cyclist
I think you need the flights to be on a BA flight number to get double points. Going via MAD will put you on Iberian
You can get some of these on BA codes but when I tried the price shot up from 4k to 7k

Originally Posted by Misco60
If you search this thread for "santiago" you'll find that someone else asked the same question recently. Hopefully, some of the replies to that question will help you out.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35931748-post268.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.