Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2024, 8:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Boreas
Please may I ask, do we know if AUPs on segments booked through BA Holidays receive double tier points?
Yes. All TPs are doubled for qualifying sectors (i.e. BA flights on BA flight numbers booked).
Old Aug 13, 2024, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HiltonHonours: Gold
I've not taken advantage of this, but i have a work trip coming up to Ottawa and would be good to use BA holidays for double TP's - however there are only 3 hotels showing....i assume BA arent flexible in their hotel offerings and if i call them for an alternative hotel, they wouldnt flex?
Old Aug 13, 2024, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by zen100
I've regularly had 8 flights in total on BAH. Never had an issue with it.

JER/MAN --> JFK --> LAX --> LAS/SFO/HNL

And while it is very fiddly, you can book 8 legs online, by setting the first/last set of flights to be MAN --> JFK - the system will book 2 flights,
Just on this too if you can get the tool to give you three flight blocks if you look at the options. If you put in BOS-GLA on the tool when you go to check the flights there should be an option for BOS-JFK-GLA in the list for an extra 80TPs.

On a wider point as fiddly as the Multi City tool can be it sometimes gives you some very TP efficient routings.

The BOS-JFK flight doesn't leave until 17.50 so you don't even lose much touristing time too.
Old Aug 13, 2024, 8:52 am

Programs: BAEC electrum
Originally Posted by ChrisTheZulu
I've not taken advantage of this, but i have a work trip coming up to Ottawa and would be good to use BA holidays for double TP's - however there are only 3 hotels showing....i assume BA arent flexible in their hotel offerings and if i call them for an alternative hotel, they wouldnt flex?
There doesn't seem to have been any record of success in doing that. You might try renting a car instead?
Their partner site Avios Hotels uses a modified Expedia API. So in theory they could provide a wider selection, but it seems they choose not to.
[Edit] I'm not getting any flight options either.
That might also explain the lack of hotel options. They will probably send you to Montreal because they only have hotels where they fly (and not always even then).
[Edit2] They do have car hire at Ottawa, and I can see two hotels there both of which are pretty pricey.

Last edited by DeathSlam; Aug 13, 2024 at 9:05 am
Old Aug 13, 2024, 9:04 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by ChrisTheZulu
I have had success booking a hotel not on the holiday list. However, it was a hotel previously on the list.
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2024, 9:14 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, BA Pleb
Originally Posted by DeathSlam
Did you get an ATOL certificate?
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
Don’t recall ever getting an ATOL certificate at any point and can’t find one in my emails now.
I don't know if this applies here or not.

It seems that BAH bookings that start in the Channel Islands or IOM count as starting in the UK for the purposes of the BAH double tier points promotion, but don't count as starting in the UK for the ATOL certificate. Where the first flight is not from the UK you won't get an ATOL certificate.

I've booked my trip away using BAH and got the red text saying it qualifies for double tier points but haven't got an ATOL certificate. This is in line with the package holidays terms and conditions.
DeathSlam and sayling like this.
Old Aug 13, 2024, 9:25 am

There doesn't seem to have been any record of success in doing that. You might try renting a car instead?
Their partner site Avios Hotels uses a modified Expedia API. So in theory they could provide a wider selection, but it seems they choose not to.
That might also explain the lack of hotel options. They will probably send you to Montreal because they only have hotels where they fly (and not always even then).
[Edit2] They do have car hire at Ottawa, and I can see two hotels there both of which are pretty pricey.
I did a dummy booking for this it was flights to Toronto on BA and then a WestJet flight (no BA Flight number) to Ottawa. The WestJet flight was only in Y so the TP gain would be limited.

Would flying to Montreal and car hire be an option for you and you book the hotel separate to BA Holidays.
Old Aug 13, 2024, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Arctic Troll
Where the first flight is not from the UK you won't get an ATOL certificate.
That's interesting. I'm not an expert on ATOL, so I was really asking the question because if the answer was Yes, then it surely was a BAH.
I didn't realise that if you didn't get it that didn't mean it wasn't.
There are lots of things I am supposed to get from BA that don't turn up, so I naturally assumed any lack of certificate on a valid holiday from the BA defined UK would be an error rather than deliberate.

Arctic Troll likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2024, 9:32 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, BA Pleb
That's interesting. I'm not an expert on ATOL, so I was really asking the question because if the answer was Yes, then it surely was a BAH.
I didn't realise that if you didn't get it that didn't mean it wasn't.
There are lots of things I am supposed to get from BA that don't turn up, so I naturally assumed any lack of certificate on a valid holiday from the BA defined UK would be an error rather than deliberate.
It's my first BAH so I was expecting the ATOL certificate but when I checked the T&Cs say this:
4.1.2. If you book a Package (as defined in clause 1.4.2) which includes a flight element that has the first departure point from the EEA (as defined in clause 1.4.5), Switzerland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man any consumer protection required by law will be provided through a Financial Failure Insurance Policy arranged by International Passenger Protection Limited. Such arrangements are intended to comply with the requirement to provide security for prepayments. For further information, visit the IPP website. Please note that the Financial Failure Insurance Policy arranged by International Passenger Protect Limited reimburses all forms of payment, including the monetary value of any Avios used as a form of payment where relevant.

I suppose we'll find out if the double tier points post or not, but I got the red text when I booked.

Old Aug 13, 2024, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Arctic Troll
IIt seems that BAH bookings that start in the Channel Islands or IOM count as starting in the UK for the purposes of the BAH double tier points promotion, but don't count as starting in the UK for the ATOL certificate. .
It may actually be that if you're a Jersey *resident* then you're not covered.
https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/...es-atol-status
Arctic Troll likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2024, 11:07 am

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HiltonHonours: Gold
Yeah it was offering YUL/YYZ instead as they dont offer a route to Ottawa! I did the Toronto, connect to ottawa last time i did the route, so i'll give the Montreal + Hire car option a go this time. I wont try my luck witht he hotel aspect, good thinking of the hire car to get the double TP's. thank you.
Old Aug 14, 2024, 3:20 am

My partner and I are taking a 160 TP Club Europe BA holiday from Aug 24th - 31st.

Importantly, our tier point years both end on 08 September.

I need some of the ‘double’ TPs to renew my existing Silver status. My partner needs some of them to upgrade from Bronze to Silver.

There are 8 calendar days between arriving home and our tier point years ending. Does anyone know what will happen if the double part of our tier points don’t credit in time?

Many thanks for the guidance.
Old Aug 14, 2024, 3:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tom London
There are 8 calendar days between arriving home and our tier point years ending. Does anyone know what will happen if the double part of our tier points don’t credit in time?

Many thanks for the guidance.
Tier points are awarded based on the date of the flight, so you should be OK AFAIK. My own experience of a double TP BAH booking in May this year was they credited with no problem and within a couple of days.
Old Aug 14, 2024, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by Tom London
Hopefully it won't be an issue, but if they don't credit before your year end, then be assured that will still count in the old year (they apply to the date flown, not the date they credit). Your status should update automatically, but if it doesn't a quick ring to the BAEC should sort it out.
You should see them credit on your account, but it may be an idea to take a record of your current lifetime TPs anyway. That way you can see if they have invisibly been credited to a past year and then immediately knocked off again. Or indeed if they have not credited at all, which has happened to some unfortunate people.
Old Aug 14, 2024, 11:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Camflyer
Three weeks after returning I've still only got 80 TP bonus on a CE flight + car booking to TFS where I didn't pick up the car. I knew it was a risk as it is against the "enhanced" T&Cs so I don't think I will be querying it in case they remove the 80 which have been awarded. I just can't quite understand why 80 did post rather than 0 or the full 160. I'm sure on previous BA holidays the full TP bonus has been posted as a single transaction.
An update on this. I did email the BAEC social media team ([email protected]) and 3 working days later they added the missing 80 TP.
DeathSlam likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.