Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2024, 12:43 pm

Programs: Silver
Can someone please help me with a question, so that I don't go wasting my cash on something that wont work..... I already have a trip booked from LHR-HEL-ARN and return for 3 nights 4 days. If I wrap a NCL-LHR-NCL around that, adding a night at LHR in hotel before my already booked and paid for LHR-HEL-ARN, plus the 3 nights hotel in ARN, then a night at a hotel at LHR before my flight back to NCL If I use the complex trip (obv not including my already booked flights to ARN) then could this count as a 5 night BAH? So only the NCL-LHR return plus the hotels? I don't want to make a costly mistake here. I appreciate the assistance.

Thanks!!!
Old Aug 22, 2024, 1:08 pm

That would work, but you'd only get double TPs on the NCL-LHR-NCL, if you could somehow cancel the other flights and include them in the BA Holiday, obviously you'd get a lot more.
KARFA, DeathSlam, sayling and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 22, 2024, 1:18 pm

Programs: BAEC electrum
As NL suggests you aren't going to make a lot of headway here.

Per a lot of requests like this, it's worthwhile thinking of (and explaining to us) the bigger picture of how many TP you want to make over the year.
We may well have useful suggestions that you're not getting because you limit the problem to one trip at a time.
Biffking likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2024, 1:26 pm

Programs: Silver
I'm only trying to get 600 TPs at the beginning of my new TP year so that I might have the perks through the whole of the next year before my status runs out. As I have to book the flights and the hotels anyway, I thought why not just try and make it a holiday to get the double TPs for the NCL-LHR part (the LHR-ARN is already Business Class as I am trying to get on an A350 - hopefully that doesn't change). So I will already get some from this year (not many as I front loaded my last TP year starting Oct 23 before the announcement of the changes to the TP year ends)
Old Aug 23, 2024, 5:54 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Straightforward return LHR-DEN for two adults. Both of us awarded 140 TPs two days after outbound and another 140 after the return flight as normal.

Double BAH TPs awarded today, I got 280 as would expect but my other half was only given 190.

Anyone else experienced this, is it something that should correct itself in due course or should he email in?
Old Aug 23, 2024, 6:14 am

Programs: BAEC GfL
Originally Posted by joepatr
Straightforward return LHR-DEN for two adults. Both of us awarded 140 TPs two days after outbound and another 140 after the return flight as normal.

Double BAH TPs awarded today, I got 280 as would expect but my other half was only given 190.

Anyone else experienced this, is it something that should correct itself in due course or should he email in?
We had something similar a few weeks ago where double tier points were awarded for the outbound but only half for the inbound, a quick call the BA exec Club sorted that out and the points were awarded within 24 hours despite the fact they said it may take up to 10 working days
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2024, 2:33 am

More than double points awarded….

Quick question. I booked 5 night stay in Malta with BA holidays with club flights so expected to receive 160 points x 2 = 320. For some reason the true up transaction from BA came through as 185 additional points so 160 + 185 = 345.

can anyone please explain why?
Old Aug 24, 2024, 3:07 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Andyg151
Quick question. I booked 5 night stay in Malta with BA holidays with club flights so expected to receive 160 points x 2 = 320. For some reason the true up transaction from BA came through as 185 additional points so 160 + 185 = 345.

can anyone please explain why?
its manual and someone f**ked up. Be happy with the extra TP
BA or bust, AJA_, sayling and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 24, 2024, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Okrib
Was about to pull the trigger on a booking but realise I might not qualify. Going away in the summer but for more than 30 days. I need a car for 10 days only. Small print suggests that because the flights are more than 30 days apart I won't qualify for the double tier points. Can anyone confirm?

Dates of flights are 26th July and 2nd September if it makes a difference.
Update on this. Was expecting 160 tier points (assuming BA didn't stick to the 30 day rule). Logged on today and I've had 80 points credited for the outward flight, and then a BA Holiday Tier Point addition of 175 points. No idea where the extra 15 came from, and I haven't even taken the return flight yet, though it is 14 days after I dropped the car off.

Obviously this error is in my favour, but it seems bizarre.
Andyg151 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2024, 5:34 pm

I am trying to do the following but for some reason Itamatrix is not working. I am trying to book a BA holiday for 5 nights in Hawaii. I want to fly (all BA): MAN - LHR - JFK - LAX - HNL - LAX - JFK - LHR - MAN.

Questions
- How do I price this? Itamatrix not working for me. I am flexible for dates but ideally next February
- Will this qualify for the double points if I get 5 nights hotel in HNL?
- Am I right in concluding that this would be (40 + 140 + 140 + 140 + 140 + 140 + 140 + 40) x 2 = 1,840 TPs and with positioning flights that would be 1,920 TPs total?
Old Aug 28, 2024, 10:44 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL FB Platinum, ALL Platinum
This is probably a stupid question, but when I search the BA Holiday just like in the Grey Gap Year video (
@ 9mins) it only shows flights from London. How is it possible to find holiday trips from other UK airports (I'm thinking from GLA)? Thanks
Old Aug 28, 2024, 2:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Has anyone got the hang of this and wants to offer a hand, either out of the kindness of your heart of for some monetary or points compensation?

I'm ideally thinking of a Jersey to Bangkok BA Holidays combo to pick up >1,000 tier points for a few thousand GBP, but have been really struggling with configuring flights. Any help with that format or ideas of anything else ideally this side of Christmas would be very welcome.
Old Aug 28, 2024, 2:53 pm

Programs: BAEC
Today I got what should be the usual Wednesday double TP credit for a BA holiday I took a couple weeks ago - but it credited as 0 extra TPs! Sigh…
Old Aug 28, 2024, 3:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by Beansprout
Today I got what should be the usual Wednesday double TP credit for a BA holiday I took a couple weeks ago - but it credited as 0 extra TPs! Sigh…
because of BA IT, or something else, do you know?
Old Aug 28, 2024, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by TPRun
because of BA IT, or something else, do you know?
It was the most straightforward of return flights with a hire car so definitely BA IT! I’ll give it a day or two in case it clears up then ask…
TPRun likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.