Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Who does BAs catering from JFK and other US outstations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who does BAs catering from JFK and other US outstations?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2024 | 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM
Originally Posted by Greenpen
There is a restaurant in London called Bubble Dogs which serves exactly what is said on the tin. Im sure youd enjoy it!
Wasnt Bubbledogs a fairly popular restaurant in Fitzrovia whose menu comprised hot dogs and champagne (hence the name)?
scolbath and 1Aturnleft like this.
Old Jul 10, 2024 | 2:16 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Anyone know who caters DEN ?
Old Jul 10, 2024 | 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited1M20 Years on Site

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Whoever covers BOS should not be allowed near the SPMLS ever againso I don't have to eat the and I'd be interested to know who it is. I eat in the lounge before boarding for the night flight back (212) because I want to maximise sleep onboard. That and I can then also avoid the SPML out of Boston. On my last F from BOS I was asked if I wanted to be woken up for breakfast and I foolishly said yes. The tofu scrambled eggs as part of the VGML (not the VLML that I'd ordered*) I was presented with as part of the cooked breakfast were vile. I wouldn't wish them on anyone ever.

*Not for the first time an ordered VLML has turned into VGML either.
Old Jul 11, 2024 | 6:19 am
Original Poster
15 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
*Not for the first time an ordered VLML has turned into VGML either.
Maybe this matches the increasing prevalence of vegan restaurants as opposed to vegetarian ones

Im with you on much preferring vegetarian to vegan food (vegan food often seems to involve many more industrially-produced or processed products trying to ape natural dairy or egg equivalents, and thats not starting to talk about it fake meat or fish)
Jimmie76 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2024 | 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by salut0
Maybe this matches the increasing prevalence of vegan restaurants as opposed to vegetarian ones

Im with you on much preferring vegetarian to vegan food (vegan food often seems to involve many more industrially-produced or processed products trying to ape natural dairy or egg equivalents, and thats not starting to talk about it fake meat or fish)
Someone else suggested to me that it could probably possibly just be the catering company thinking we can save some cash here. A VGML covers all the bases of a vegetarian diet so would be edible by someone who orders a VLML. So lets not bother with one of those and just make and load VGMLs which both groups can eat.
Old Jul 11, 2024 | 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
15 Years on Site

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Someone else suggested to me that it could probably possibly just be the catering company thinking we can save some cash here. A VGML covers all the bases of a vegetarian diet so would be edible by someone who orders a VLML. So lets not bother with one of those and just make and load VGMLs which both groups can eat.
Mrs. stifle has been served a meal whose label proclaimed it to be suitable as VLML, VGML, MOML, AVML, PRML, and LPML. She proclaimed it a TLML (tasteless meal).
Jimmie76 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2024 | 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stifle
Mrs. stifle has been served a meal whose label proclaimed it to be suitable as VLML, VGML, MOML, AVML, PRML, and LPML. She proclaimed it a TLML (tasteless meal).
Thats stretching things a bit, I mean it is entirely possible to do that just a bit (and thats a bit of an understatement) unimaginative.
Old Jul 11, 2024 | 5:15 pm
Original Poster
15 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
I had this happen in J on AA LHR-JFK where I ordered an Asian Vegetarian meal. I actually received a really disappointing (and stale) mostly non-Asian generic vegetarian meal. Im sure they were doing exactly what you mention to cut costs, with the added cost cutting of serving a shelf-stable or frozen meal from the USA on an ex-LHR leg, rather than the meal prepared in a UK kitchen Id been hoping for and expecting.
Jimmie76 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.