Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How long of a layover should I leave at LHR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long of a layover should I leave at LHR?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2024, 11:39 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Its always winter in MAN, the rain is just warmer in the summer months, get out of dodge as soon as you can and use the time at LHR.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davidcamp6
Its always winter in MAN, the rain is just warmer in the summer months, get out of dodge as soon as you can and use the time at LHR.
Yeah I know that's where I'm from. But....the 9:50am flight gives me an extra hour with my 98 year old grandmother before I leave (or an extra hour in bed).
davidcamp6 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
I always give myself lots of time to make a connection. Because it is winter (with likely plane delays) and switching between two different terminals, I would extend my LHR stay as long as possible.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tmac100
I always give myself lots of time to make a connection. Because it is winter (with likely plane delays) and switching between two different terminals, I would extend my LHR stay as long as possible.
​​​​​​
Bingo. Sat on the ground for over 2 hours in MAN due to fog whilst half a dozen planes circled above unable to land. Made my connection but the extra padding was worth it. Was looking forward to a T3 lounge hop though that didn't happen unfortunately.

Thanks for everyone's advice here to take the earlier flight.
strowger likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.