Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How many suit bags can I take on board with me?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many suit bags can I take on board with me?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2024 | 2:41 am
50 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC electrum
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Bear in mind that wardrobe space is slowly being with sacrificed in NEO aircraft
I think this is the key point.
OP may have been imagining that kindly crew would take a gament bag and hang it in a wardrobe were it would sit undisturbed for the flight.
I can remember a time long ago when this might have happened (I once got an oil painting stowed in the crew wardrobe on a Y flight). That was before hand luggage only was even a thing and overhead bins were not rammed as they are today.
Garment bags, large coats, top hats, etc etc are now just cabin baggage and will need to be stowed under the seat in front of you or in the overhead.
Some F cabins have little wardrobes next to your seat and cabin crew there may also be more generous in looking after items, but in J I suspect there's not a lot of scope for this.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2024 | 2:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited50 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
My training in this area was to roll suits into a sausage shape, then they can go in to checked baggage. Then hang the suit in properly in the bathroom, have a hot shower, and then you're done.
Old Feb 10, 2024 | 2:59 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
I second the opinion of just pack the suites. A good suite travels well in a suitcase. Never had a problem with them. Fold them well, all you have to is one good shake and they will be good as new.
Old Feb 10, 2024 | 9:38 am
20 Countries Visited100k30 Nights5 Years on Site

I was incredibly pleasantly surprised flying ex-SFO last Winter when the FA actually asked me for my coat, removed it from my presence, and then returned it to me at the conclusion of the flight. No joke, I pinched myself to see if I had sleepwalked all the way to CDG. Made quite the impression but worry not!... this service was not offered on the return flight.
Old Feb 10, 2024 | 9:48 am
50 Countries Visited2M15 Years on Site

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 12, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I travelled to Buenos Aires from Glasgow via LHR in economy to get married to Miss Argentina. I packed my wedding suit last in the already full suitcase and didn't even have to get it pressed for the big event. If folded properly they'll be fine and save you a lot of faffing about.
Was that not the year that you were also crowned Mr. Scotland HIDDY?
HIDDY likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2024 | 10:05 am
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: Mucci; BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
My training in this area was to roll suits into a sausage shape, then they can go in to checked baggage. Then hang the suit in properly in the bathroom, have a hot shower, and then you're done.
In the days when I would check a bag in, I found tissue paper helped prevent wrinkles in a jacket and or shirts. Similarly to CWS rolling technique for suits, this also works well for kilts, rolled and placed in a leg of a pair of tights, alternatively one could wear it....
Old Feb 10, 2024 | 10:14 am
20 Years on Site

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Dated Content Warning

It's been years since I traveled most every week on business. It's been even longer since I traveled on business on a suit-required (or even wanted me in one at all) basis. When I did it was U.S. domestic and on AA MD-80's or 757's (so quite awhile).

But even then the pilots usually co-opted the suit closet by the front door and they weren't sharing. Period. The flight attendants might find some place in the back to hang it. But usually they just told me to fold the garment bag over and stuff it in the overhead.

Maybe they expect more hanging clothes in Business. But are you sure you don't want to get them professionally packed to be shipped?

Last edited by jayer; Feb 10, 2024 at 10:33 am
Old Feb 10, 2024 | 10:32 am
50 Countries Visited2M15 Years on Site

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 12, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by jayer
It's been years since I traveled most every week on business. It's been even longer since I traveled on business on a suit-required (or even wanted me in one at all) basis. When I did it was domestic and on MD-80's or 757's (so quite awhile).

But even then the pilots usually co-opted the suit closet by the front door and they weren't sharing. Period. The flight attendants might find some place in the back to hang it. But usually they just told me to fold the garment bag over and stuff it in the overhead.
Yikes! And some of us consider those days to be the good old days.
Old Feb 10, 2024 | 10:40 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Originally Posted by HGPilot
1. One checked bag.

2. One roller that I can check

3. Garment bag

4. Backpack that fits under seat

So 2 or 3 depending on whether I check the roller.
Tell me you're not good at mathematics without telling me.

You've just listed four items, even numbered them, and arrived at 2 or 3.

Last edited by aks120; Feb 10, 2024 at 10:41 am Reason: Deleted a sentence due to FT rule 12
Old Feb 10, 2024 | 10:43 am
20 Years on Site

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by BA or bust
Yikes! And some of us consider those days to be the good old days.
I did that mass flying for the better part of 10 years, and it was all years ago. At first the door was left open and it was the secret easy space for suit bags. Somewhere in there Congress must have passed the Aircrew Front Closet Homestead Act. Now it is locked up tight and I pity the poor soul wearing a coat and dares try and open it.
Old Feb 10, 2024 | 10:53 am
40 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

On the BA short haul you shouldn’t have a problem hanging something in the wardrobe in J if you’re on an aircraft that has one. The Gatwick A320s don’t have them at all. The Heathrow fleet is a mixed bag IIRC. I think there are some that have an equipment cupboard instead. Do the Neo’s have the wardrobe?
Old Feb 10, 2024 | 11:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
50 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher

My reading of this is that the OP will be checking the item marked with the number 1 from the list of four items. There is a choice about checking the item marked with number 2. They would like to carry on items marked 3 and 4. Therefore the maths looks correct to me. Depending on whether the item marked 2 is checked, the total will be either 2 or 3.
Jimmie76 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2024 | 11:15 am
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by golfmad
My reading of this is that the OP will be checking the item marked with the number 1 from the list of four items. There is a choice about checking the item marked with number 2. They would like to carry on items marked 3 and 4. Therefore the maths looks correct to me. Depending on whether the item marked 2 is checked, the total will be either 2 or 3.
Indeed I was wrong. I even edited my post to show as much, and have apologised to the OP. aks120 has re-edited my post accordingly to show the original post as pursuant to Flyertalk rule 12; I must not cause personal offence.

Feeling a tad silly now.
Old Feb 10, 2024 | 11:25 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher

Tell us you’re not good at reading comprehension without telling us. Item 1 is checked, per the OP.
HGPilot and ScienceTeacher like this.
Old Feb 10, 2024 | 11:29 am
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
Tell us you’re not good at reading comprehension without telling us. Item 1 is checked, per the OP.
Yes but how does three subsequent items become two or three? It’s three, no?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.