Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Used Avios to book an AA flight. How to add Known Traveler Number [KTN]?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2024 | 12:29 pm
Original Poster
10 Years on Site

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium

I just used some Avios to book an AA flight within the US and I can't find where to add my KTN for precheck. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Second question, can I add my AA FF number to the booking so I can get my Platinum Pro benefits?

Thanks
Old Jun 12, 2024 | 12:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited50 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The easiest way to get your AA number on to the account, assuming your don't have a household account, is to book the reservation not for yourself, but for someone else with the same name, address and date of birth etc. This is just a mechanism to have an empty screen to put on the details. Then go to the seating area after completing the booking, find the AA PNR which is on that screen, then go to the AA app withe that new PNR to complete the booking including Aadvantage number and KTN. Otherwise Twitter is what some people to use to do this.
Old Jun 12, 2024 | 12:37 pm

Programs: BAEC
In the app while on the booking, go to Manage trip. Then scroll down to Passenger information. Here you can add KTN. Not sure if your BA number is already entered on this type of booking. If not, you can just add your AAdvantage number higher up on the same screen. If it already has your BA number, then I think this requires a call.

Edit: was a bit slow. But I think if OP has already booked, then too late to book for someone else.
Old Jun 12, 2024 | 12:51 pm
Original Poster
10 Years on Site

Yeah I have already booked. So I went to AA.com and used the AA booking number and it appears to have allowed me to add the KTN there. Lets hope it takes!
RichieMc and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Jun 12, 2024 | 12:58 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Go to Finnair and replace the EC FF number with your AAdvantage number. Then go to AA.com and add your KTN.
Old Jun 12, 2024 | 1:07 pm
Original Poster
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by leonidas
Go to Finnair and replace the EC FF number with your AAdvantage number. Then go to AA.com and add your KTN.

Well that was genius. Thank you.
Old Jun 12, 2024 | 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Valveking
Well that was genius. Thank you.
For future Avios bookings for AA domestic travel, check the AY and QR Avios redemption rates before booking with BA Avios. QR has lower redemption rates for individual segments than BA does, and AY charges a flat redemption rate which includes any necessary connections.

Edited to add: BA Avios are now transferrable to both AY and QR.
Valveking likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.