Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX lounge when arriving with BA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2024 | 1:25 pm
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Programs: BA Gold
LAX lounge when arriving with BA

Apologies if this has been covered previously but we are arriving into LAX with BA in F and connecting to Alaska in Terminal 6. The layover is about 3.5 hours. Which lounge do people suggest and how easy is it to move from Terminal to Terminal? Thanks
Old Jun 21, 2024 | 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: AA
On arrival at LAX you'll clear immigration and customs including collecting any checked bags and dropping them back off and then reclear security. I recomment reclearing at TBIT rather than going over to T6. Then you'll have a access to the Qantas First lounge and oneworld Business loung in TBIT, the AA Flagship lounge in T4, the AA Admirals Clubs in T4 and T5, and the Alaska lounge in T6. There is a walkway between all the terminals so once you've cleared security at TBIT, you don't have to reclear security going between the terminals. I'd start with the QF F lounge, and then slowly take my time going to T6, with a stop at the Flagship Lounge at T4, and then if you have time left, the Alaska lounge at T6. I wouldn't bother with the ACs or the oneworld business lounge.
rdhir likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2024 | 1:34 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Millersman
Apologies if this has been covered previously but we are arriving into LAX with BA in F and connecting to Alaska in Terminal 6. The layover is about 3.5 hours. Which lounge do people suggest and how easy is it to move from Terminal to Terminal? Thanks
Start off at the Qantas first class lounge in the international terminal, then make your way to the AA Flagship lounge in Terminal 4 and end up at the Alaska lounge in T6, or try two of those three. Theyre all good but in different ways (QF the best food/drink, AA the best views, AS convenient to your gate). All the terminals are connected airside but allow 10ish minutes to get from one to the next. Also since you have to clear US customs youll end up landside so youll need to clear security again, so youll have to go upstairs for that.
Old Jun 21, 2024 | 3:32 pm
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by prof
Start off at the Qantas first class lounge in the international terminal, then make your way to the AA Flagship lounge in Terminal 4 and end up at the Alaska lounge in T6, or try two of those three. Theyre all good but in different ways (QF the best food/drink, AA the best views, AS convenient to your gate). All the terminals are connected airside but allow 10ish minutes to get from one to the next. Also since you have to clear US customs youll end up landside so youll need to clear security again, so youll have to go upstairs for that.
Would say a little time in the Alaska lounge before your flight is quite nice. Draught beer and a barista made Starbucks for your flight are a good combo.

One thing to be aware of when flying AS. The G+T comes with powdered lime flavouring which I could not abide.
Old Jun 22, 2024 | 3:53 am
50 Countries Visited1M10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
That's if 3.5 hours is enough.

The last time I flew into LAX, the flight was a little delayed (maybe 15-20 minutes), there was a HUGE queue at immigration and an even longer wait for baggage. Despite having a seemingly leisurely 3+ hour connection time, I still only made it over to the eagles nest just as group 3 was boarding.
Old Jun 22, 2024 | 4:05 am
40 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Apologies if this has been covered previousl
Some older info is out of date because the airside connectors between all terminals are fairly new. IIRC there is a more detailed guide on the AA or the Destinations forum, including how to clear security at TBIT (short version I think is follow signs for connections).

Originally Posted by jwhite9185
That's if 3.5 hours is enough.

The last time I flew into LAX, the flight was a little delayed (maybe 15-20 minutes), there was a HUGE queue at immigration and an even longer wait for baggage. Despite having a seemingly leisurely 3+ hour connection time, I still only made it over to the eagles nest just as group 3 was boarding.
That will depend on passport type/Global Entry etc. Use of the Mobile Passport Control App may help.
Old Jun 22, 2024 | 5:59 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
I hope you will have carry on only or a single ticket for the connection.

Rechecking bags from BA>AS at LAX without having a single ticket and BA tagging the bag all the way through could result in having to walk from TBIT to T6 and check them in with AS. This happened to me a couple of years ago as AS did not have agents at TBIT for bag tagging and check. The walk was not something I enjoyed using a cart with narrow walkways, construction, and a number of cell phone zombies blocking the access way; also as bad luck would have it the first set of elevators from arrival to deprture in T6 were under repair. In this case you would be going for the long walk 3 times to access QF lounge in TBIT

I never tried this with BA, but remembered they how they refused to check through on separate tickets.

Cheers,

-Cyborg

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 22, 2024 at 6:08 am Reason: early morning typos before coffee...
Old Jun 22, 2024 | 6:24 am
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Programs: BA Gold
Fortunately on a single ticket to LAS (why AS and not AA only the BA system god knows) assuming no hold ups should be enough time to check out the Qantas F and flagship lounge - do they still have flagship dining there?
Old Jun 22, 2024 | 6:33 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Fortunately on a single ticket to LAS (why AS and not AA only the BA system god knows) assuming no hold ups should be enough time to check out the Qantas F and flagship lounge - do they still have flagship dining there?
My understanding is that AA have not reopened Flagship First Dining at LAX.

Qantas F at LAX is reasonable but I would choose to go to T6 and use the AS lounge. Then no hassle about when to leave another lounge to get there in time.
Old Jun 22, 2024 | 7:48 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold, AA CK, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Rubecula
My understanding is that AA have not reopened Flagship First Dining at LAX.

Qantas F at LAX is reasonable but I would choose to go to T6 and use the AS lounge. Then no hassle about when to leave another lounge to get there in time.
You are correct. The FFD at Flagship is not going to reopen. The last I heard, they are going to expand the lounge. Funny, they say there isn't enough first international however the flagship has gotten quite crowded as there are just more business seats now. That is why having the option to use Qantas F for a nice meal is great and can always swing by Flagship to grab some snacks or just lounge hop. And you can always use it as an "arrivals" lounge even if not connecting which you cannot do with Qantas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.