Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pricing options available when making a mixed class Avios booking by phone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2024 | 5:37 am
Original Poster
20 Countries Visited100k5 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC

Can anyone confirm that the multiple pricing options are available to CSRs if I were to make a mixed class Avios booking by phone?

The reason I ask is that I have a J Avios booking that I wanted to add Y connections to, but the CSR was unable to, and cited one of the reasons was that since I had chosen to reduce Avios and add cash and those pricing options were not available to them they couldn't change the booking. I was curious if that was just for booking changes, or new bookings also.

This might determine whether I take a gamble and risk reward inventory not returning if I cancel and rebook over the phone. I know I could do this as a separate booking but one end is quite tight and I would prefer not to have to recheck bags, and the protection of a single booking.

In hindsight I should have called but wasn't aware at the time that mixed class bookings could be made over the phone.

Thanks
Old Jul 12, 2024 | 3:19 am
Original Poster
20 Countries Visited100k5 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC
To answer my own question...

Yes, the multiple pricing options are offered.

And as a data point, within 30 minutes of cancelling the original reward booking, both outbound and inbound inventory was available again (MAD-SDQ-MAD on IB)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.