Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Positioning flight cancelled - advice needed please?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Positioning flight cancelled - advice needed please?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2024 | 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
15 Years on Site

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by stifle
Flight is boarding at gate 307
Final call

and gate now closed 16:39
KeaneJohn likes this.

Last edited by stifle; Jul 12, 2024 at 9:40 am
Old Jul 12, 2024 | 9:44 am
30 Countries Visited1M15 Years on Site

Programs: BD RIP, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Fingers crossed 🤞
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2024 | 9:47 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold - HH Diamond
Never thought I'd see a Pete Tong reference on FT. Well played.
..if things go Pete Tong.
Old Jul 12, 2024 | 9:57 am
50 Countries Visited500k5 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Final call

and gate now closed 16:39
This thread is more gripping than some live sport. When will someone at Sky or Netflix secure the TV rights...? B2B to Survive...
Old Jul 12, 2024 | 9:57 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Originally Posted by southsquare
It's too late for this trip but should this happen again, fly to BHD as quickly as you can (BA or EI from LHR, EI from GTW, BHX and SOU, EasyJet from Gatwick and elsewhere, and many others) taxi to Glengall St bus station (centre of Belfast, about 10 mins away) and Ulsterbus or Aircoach (they depart at roughly alternate hours) direct to Dublin Airport. Bus takes 1.5-2 hours and costs around 15. Or if necessary, taxi directly from BHD to DUB (cost around 120-150).
Translink, Aircoach and Dublin Express all run frequent bus services from Belfast City Centre to DUB. Aircoach goes non-stop and is a pretty consistent 1h45. Translink Goldline takes longer as some of their services make stops along the way. Just be aware that services can be full with pre booked passengers this time of year!
Old Jul 12, 2024 | 10:12 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited

Originally Posted by Newly Wed
Thanks. The LHR-US flight isn't for a couple of weeks, so a misconnect isn't so much of a concern. Getting Mr NW out to DUB and back is the main issue. His patience with me sending him on TP runs is wearing thin, but if he loses his GGL status that will be the end of my fancy holidays!!
now you tell us!
flygirl68, orbitmic and stifle like this.
Old Jul 12, 2024 | 10:15 am

Programs: BD RIP, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Just looking at FR24 and it hasn't left DUB yet
Old Jul 12, 2024 | 10:19 am
50 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

What happened!!?? I NEED to know!!!
stifle likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2024 | 10:23 am
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold
Flight connections was closed and it involved a long sprint but he made it by the skin of his teeth and in now in 1A looking forward to a nerve calming G&T.
Old Jul 12, 2024 | 10:23 am
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by DXB2745
now you tell us!
But if he'd missed the DUB-LHR the rest of his ticket would have been cancelled.
chris63, stifle, wrp96 and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 12, 2024 | 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
15 Years on Site

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by etiene
That's why the current DUB setup is only rated "Reasonable" rather than "Excellent" by the B2B thread.
Probably needs downgrading to "fairly unpredictable".
chris63 and etiene like this.
Old Jul 12, 2024 | 10:42 am
10 Years on Site

I'm glad it all went well, or at least in the end.

I was in similar situation last December when I missed my positioning flight to PHX (LHR-OSL). My OSL-PHX was the next day, so I just had to get to OSL. Unfortunately for me, everything was sold out that day. I ended up going to HEL for the night, and then HEL-OSL the next day.

I do recall using the flat tyre line. I made to security at T3, but the screen lit up like a Christmas tree. Down to the counter agent. He asked why I was late, and simply said, "Flat tyre." It was the Elizabeth Line, but just the same nonetheless. He chuckled and we got it sorted.

H
birdiedouble likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2024 | 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Newly Wed
Flight connections was closed and it involved a long sprint but he made it by the skin of his teeth and in now in 1A looking forward to a nerve calming G&T.
Great news 🥳
Old Jul 12, 2024 | 11:30 am
10 Countries Visited50 Countries Visited500k20 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
AA has for years (since Covid) had a rule that any fare except economy basic can be cancelled for full credit at any time. I think there may a few exceptions based on country of residence but most places are eligible. One of the best ticketing policies in the world if you ask me and a far cry from what it used to be.

From their website answering the question, "I have a non-refundable ticket; can I use it for future travel?"

Yes, you can apply the unused value of your ticket towards future travel on American, depending on the fare rules.
  • If you cancel your trip on aa.com before departure, we will cancel your ticket and issue a Trip Credit. Your Trip Credit will be valid until the date listed on the credit.
  • If you cancel your trip through any other channel, we will cancel your ticket and issue a Flight Credit. When using your Flight Credit travel must begin within 1 year from the date your ticket was first issued. You may be charged a change fee and any difference in ticket price.
Keep in mind, you must cancel your original ticket before the first flight departs, or the ticket will lose any remaining value and cannot be used for future travel.

​​​

Old Jul 12, 2024 | 11:39 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
AA has for years (since Covid) had a rule that any fare except economy basic can be cancelled for full credit at any time. I think there may a few exceptions based on country of residence but most places are eligible. One of the best ticketing policies in the world if you ask me and a far cry from what it used to be.

From their website answering the question, "I have a non-refundable ticket; can I use it for future travel?"

Yes, you can apply the unused value of your ticket towards future travel on American, depending on the fare rules.
  • If you cancel your trip on aa.com before departure, we will cancel your ticket and issue a Trip Credit. Your Trip Credit will be valid until the date listed on the credit.
  • If you cancel your trip through any other channel, we will cancel your ticket and issue a Flight Credit. When using your Flight Credit travel must begin within 1 year from the date your ticket was first issued. You may be charged a change fee and any difference in ticket price.
Keep in mind, you must cancel your original ticket before the first flight departs, or the ticket will lose any remaining value and cannot be used for future travel.

​​​
Yes, I saw this on n AA booking that Ive got. The credit goes back to the travellers name so if 2 travelling both get a credit each. For refund to card its around 200 for short haul AA int and domestic and 1100 iirc for long haul hence my suggestion first thing this morning. Glad he made it though all too often people come here with problems. A plethora of advice and guidance is provided and we rarely know the outcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.