Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

OnBusiness website operational May 2024 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2024 | 5:15 pm
Original Poster

The BA Onbusiness site has been changed somewhat without the original "our site is down" message...now in the updated FAQ it states you need to always call to make bookings...maybe that's now an admission site is like to ever come back?
Old May 23, 2024 | 10:32 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott PFL, Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Now that is what BA calls progress. We'll spotted.
Old May 24, 2024 | 1:10 am
20 Years on Site

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by stevie
Open this thread when it pops up in the hope BA has resolved the issue. Wishful thinking.....
Yup
Old May 24, 2024 | 1:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA CK (8MM), Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
AA eliminated Business Extra (which was similar to On Business) in favor of the much less rewarding (but simpler) Advantage Business. Maybe that’s in the works for BA as well.
Old May 24, 2024 | 1:56 am

Originally Posted by private_md
AA eliminated Business Extra (which was similar to On Business) in favor of the much less rewarding (but simpler) Advantage Business. Maybe that’s in the works for BA as well.
True but at least it works.
Old May 24, 2024 | 2:17 am
40 Countries Visited1M60 Nights10 Years on Site

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by private_md
BA already devalued OB at that time by massively increasing the prices of reward flights in premium classes. At the same time, while not increasing the number of points required for Economy flights, the booking class changed from B to V hammering availability and effectively devaluing points significantly.

That was all before they made the scheme totally useless. I am now considering an MCOL claim for the value of my points now effectively lost.
Old May 24, 2024 | 2:24 am

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
BA already devalued OB at that time by massively increasing the prices of reward flights in premium classes. At the same time, while not increasing the number of points required for Economy flights, the booking class changed from B to V hammering availability and effectively devaluing points significantly.
Agreed, but still I just made a booking for about $2K in CW ex US to Europe which would have been about $6K so not bad.

What are the booking classes for OnBusiness?
Old May 24, 2024 | 3:33 am
40 Countries Visited1M60 Nights10 Years on Site

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mjack99
Agreed, but still I just made a booking for about $2K in CW ex US to Europe which would have been about $6K so not bad.

What are the booking classes for OnBusiness?
YMMV and I know US-Originating tickets are expensive and rarely discounted and that in premium classes the fuel surcharges have reached $1,000 for a round-trip, but I booked a cash CW ticket this week originating in Portugal for later in the year for way under $2,000 round-trip. €1,520 to be exact and that includes a night in the Sofitel during an LHR layover.

AFAIK, OB books into A, R, E and V classes. So for a GCH, extra availability above Avios only for premium cabins. This is why I considered OB points devalued by 50% in their rebranding exercise a few years ago to now be about 2p per OB point. Except of course you can no longer check if they credit correctly, nor will you get any reply when you open a case for it, nor can you check reward flight availability, nor can you book a flight at short notice any more because their online platform is corrupted and nobody can be bothered enough to fix it.
Old May 24, 2024 | 4:08 am

AFAIK, OB books into A, R, E and V classes. So for a GCH, extra availability above Avios only for premium cabins.
Thank you.

This is why I considered OB points devalued by 50% in their rebranding exercise a few years ago to now be about 2p per OB point. Except of course you can no longer check if they credit correctly, nor will you get any reply when you open a case for it, nor can you check reward flight availability, nor can you book a flight at short notice any more because their online platform is corrupted and nobody can be bothered enough to fix it.
Apart from that, its a great program
Old May 24, 2024 | 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Amex has pulled the BA OB credit card due to a lack of clarity over the return of OB.

You will remember it did this before but brought it back last year after believing it was about to return.
Old May 27, 2024 | 10:37 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
Amex has pulled the BA OB credit card due to a lack of clarity over the return of OB.

You will remember it did this before but brought it back last year after believing it was about to return.
Are we nearing the point at which either BA or AMEX (or both) are guilty of fraudulent activity? The TOTAL absence of any explanation whatsoever from either of them for the last 18 months is quite extraordinary, and yet they continue to allow use of the Accelerating AMEX card (even if they're not accepting new applications) and OB pts are not being posted, whilst BA pretend they don't know anything about a scheme which they run (or ran).
Old May 27, 2024 | 10:40 am
H2L
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by Full Score
Are we nearing the point at which either BA or AMEX (or both) are guilty of fraudulent activity? The TOTAL absence of any explanation whatsoever from either of them for the last 18 months is quite extraordinary, and yet they continue to allow use of the Accelerating AMEX card (even if they're not accepting new applications) and OB pts are not being posted, whilst BA pretend they don't know anything about a scheme which they run (or ran).
Completely agree! Perhaps there is a fearless journalist in these parts who can use their talents to bring us the truth?
Old May 28, 2024 | 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by H2L
Completely agree! Perhaps there is a fearless journalist in these parts who can use their talents to bring us the truth?
The truth is widely known, including by me, but Comarch has deeper pockets than us.
Old May 28, 2024 | 7:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
50 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by H2L
clearly not
Old Jun 6, 2024 | 8:09 am
30 Countries Visited40 Nights2M10 Years on Site

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Mucci
Just received a brilliant email from Amex:

We would like to apologise for the ongoing outage to the On Business platform, in recognition of this we are awarding all Cardmembers with an enhanced Avios earn rate until 15 July 2024.

Beginning 3 June 2024you will collect an additional 1.5 Avios for every £1 you spendon your British Airways American Express®Accelerating Business Card.

I can’t believe they have gone as far as giving a marginally increased Avios earn rate for almost a full 1.5 months. It certainly makes up for BA’s gross incompetence in every other area of this fiasco and I am very glad that I still paid the full card fee this year. After all the website has only been down for, what is it now? 18 months?

Outstanding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.