Wiki Posts
Search

E-Mail Price Quote

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue
E-Mail Price Quote

I've noticed over the last couple of years, BA has been "enhancing" away the e-mail quote link. Traditionally, it was towards the left of "your baggage allowance".

The below screenshot is from when I did flight only, but added a hotel during the process. No link to e-mail quote throughout the process. Am I doing something wrong? And does adding a hotel this way count as a "BA Holiday"? Thank you.

Old Today, 12:15 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 12, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
No idea about the email question, but a BA holiday only counts as such if you book a flight plus something else at the same time to create a package that then comes under the UK packages holiday rules and protections.

PS Though there are occasional posts on FT about how people managed to add something to a flight after booking, this always seems to be for some exceptional reason. So IMHO you should never assume you can do it after the event.
Old Today, 12:32 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by BA or bust
No idea about the email question, but a BA holiday only counts as such if you book a flight plus something else at the same time to create a package that then comes under the UK packages holiday rules and protections.

PS Though there are occasional posts on FT about how people managed to add something to a flight after booking, this always seems to be for some exceptional reason. So IMHO you should never assume you can do it after the event.
And in the OPs case, they are booking it at the same time. So yes, this is a BA Holiday booking, as can be seen by the fact that bonus Avios are quoted, which is a BAH specific promotion...
HarryKUK and Arctic Troll like this.
Old Today, 12:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
We know that BA has released a new version of its software that is lacking functionality that existed in the old version.

I have found (and reported here) that I cannot change my seat at check-in if I'm travelling on an HBO fare (even though I'm Gold), and I also cannot email a boarding pass to myself. In both of these scenarios, the BA website has told me that, in order to do what I want to do, I have to use the old version of the website and start the check-in process again. The website also, helpfully, provided a link to the old version. (I suppose that's easier than fixing the software.)

I know you're trying to do something completely different, but at the moment I am unsurprised when the website doesn't behave the way it used to.

(Edited to add... Two weeks in Las Vegas? Are you insane? Though at that price, it might just be a throwaway hotel to get the double TPs, I suppose. )

(Further Edited to add... If you're after TPs, you really don't want to be connecting in Chicago.)
RJD1983 likes this.

Last edited by Misco60; Today at 12:40 am
Old Today, 6:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, SAS EBG
The above is an example of what happens when you search for a flight and then add a hotel at the "summary" step, where it shows you the Avios you'll earn and gives you the option to use some to reduce the cost.

Bookings made this way are BA Holidays packages - they do get ATOL certificates if the journey originates in the UK, and they do earn double TPs (if qualifying) as well as the BAH bonus Avios. In fact the message about bonus BAH Avios serves as a clear indication as to whether or not something is a BAH package.

However you do not get the option to pay a deposit, and the cancellation/change rules are those that apply to the flight fares. In most cases that means that changes are cheaper to make (BAH charge quite a high fee, particularly so for changes within 14 days of travel) but the booking will be non-refundable (whereas BAHs are refundable, except for the deposit, until 4 or 7 weeks before travel).
Old Today, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by Misco60
We know that BA has released a new version of its software that is lacking functionality that existed in the old version.

I have found (and reported here) that I cannot change my seat at check-in if I'm travelling on an HBO fare (even though I'm Gold), and I also cannot email a boarding pass to myself. In both of these scenarios, the BA website has told me that, in order to do what I want to do, I have to use the old version of the website and start the check-in process again. The website also, helpfully, provided a link to the old version. (I suppose that's easier than fixing the software.)

I know you're trying to do something completely different, but at the moment I am unsurprised when the website doesn't behave the way it used to.

(Edited to add... Two weeks in Las Vegas? Are you insane? Though at that price, it might just be a throwaway hotel to get the double TPs, I suppose. )

(Further Edited to add... If you're after TPs, you really don't want to be connecting in Chicago.)
I go most years to Las Vegas, and I usually stay 10-14 days.

Why would you not recommend Chicago for TPs? It was one of the reasons I was choosing it. Previously, I have flown into LAX a few times, but immigration is just soooo slow. It takes 2 hours to queue and clear immigration, and it's a zoo, with no AC.

So I was thinking ORD sounds much better. I would have preferred an airport closer to Las Vegas, but beggars can't be choosers!
Old Today, 7:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by RJD1983
I go most years to Las Vegas, and I usually stay 10-14 days.

Why would you not recommend Chicago for TPs? It was one of the reasons I was choosing it. Previously, I have flown into LAX a few times, but immigration is just soooo slow. It takes 2 hours to queue and clear immigration, and it's a zoo, with no AC.

So I was thinking ORD sounds much better. I would have preferred an airport closer to Las Vegas, but beggars can't be choosers!
DFW and ORD are never the answer with TP in mind. JFK or PHL are better options as 2 x 140 rather than 140 + 40.

Would you be able to get GE? It's such a game changer, lasts 5 years and a trivial expense against a business class flight cost, or a burger and coke in Las Vegas.

Last edited by dougzz; Today at 7:31 am Reason: Typo + Additional
Old Today, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Indeed ! Very much recommend getting GE. You can do interview on arrival in LAX which is simple. Then you’re done for five years !

Old Today, 8:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by RJD1983

Because Chicago-Las Vegas, being less than 2000 miles, earns only 40 tier points in Business: this would give you 140 TPs for the trans-Atlantic plus 40 = 180 TPs each way.

What you really want to do is to connect at an east coast gateway, such as New York, Boston or Philadelphia. (The latter two, in my experience, are very quick for immigration.) It's more than 2000 miles from any of these places to Las Vegas, and thus you would earn 140 TPs, making 280 TPs each way. Double that for the return journey, and double it again for the BAH offer, and you're losing 400 tier points by connecting in ORD.
SxMan and RJD1983 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.