Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Expired Avios points with BA Executive club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2024 | 8:22 am
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

What are the chances that I can find some help in reinstating my 140,000 avios points with British Airways executive club? They expired on 9/20/24.

I was not aware that they expire if no activity for 3 years.

Can anyone help?

Would it help to visit their office near my work?
Old Oct 8, 2024 | 8:23 am
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

I can't believe it but British Airways just responded positively and reinstated my expired points without any aggravations. Kudos !! and thank you!
Deckard, bisonrav, AbZorba and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 8, 2024 | 8:39 am
50 Countries Visited2M15 Years on Site

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 12, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Very good news and nice of BA to do this, given that strictly speaking they could have just adhered to the T’s & C’s. 140,00 Avios is not to be sniffed at, it could get you into J or possibly F on a long haul flight.

Now the most important thing is that you reset the clock to run for the next three years immediately, so it does not happen again. Despite BA’s generosity, if there is no activity on the account, then BA could quite rightly close it down again if there is no activity in the near future. Lots of ways to do this, from flying and crediting BAEC, buying Avios, converting Hotel points, getting a BA Avios credit card.

Enjoy!
Old Oct 8, 2024 | 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
15 Years on Site

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Worth mentioning that even the smallest amount of activity is enough to keep these accounts alive. A small purchase on the BA eStore even if it only earned a single Avios is enough to do it. There's a US version of the eStore as well as the UK version (I'm guessing US because of the way you write dates).
Please note that one of the few things that doesn't count is moving Avios between different airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.